Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2016, 06:01 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Fresh beets pulled from the dirt, washed, and eaten like apples. Bonus is your teeth and tongue are purple.

I roast veggies. Carrots, turnip, onion, eggplant, garlic. Delish.

Everything tastes better with Feta.
I was exaggerating a smidge....

I actually like grilled veggies basted in Greek or Italian salad dressing, usually skewered with marinated chunks of pork, beef, chicken or lamb.

In other words, as part of a kabob. I also like corn, asparagus, cauliflower, brussels sprouts crowns (gag me on the stems!) and carrots. Love onions, mushrooms, tomatoes and garlic, if they count.

I'm a big feta fan too. I love a nice sliced/diced tomato & English cucumber with chunks of feta, drizzled with Greek dressing and ground pepper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
People don't know from peas Trout, they think that is something you buy in a can from the pea getting place at the store. I probably have 70 quarts of peas we picked an canned but to have them fresh, aint nothing like it with some fresh tomatoes. The Tomatoes we can, we could sell for ten bucks a quart.{NO REALLY} But I value them way above that price and drink every one, I don't share canned tomatoes or homemade pickles.

People who drink the Tomatoes we can will pay anything to get them.
My son is going to can some of his tomatoes this year for the first time. I hope they turn out well. Then I can pick his brain. If they don't, maybe we'll both pick yours.

Quote:
Now I want fresh peas. That means another trip to the Farmers Market.. I love making pickles and sauerkraut.
I honest-to-Godfrey Daniel consider myself a connoisseur of dill pickles. My paternal grandmother made the best pickles ever. I've spent 60+years seeking their equal. I've never tried making them but I sample every brand I ever come across, including many from farmers' markets. The very best ever commercially-available dill pickle I have tasted in 60+ years of sampling are Nathan's New York Style Sour Dills.

Nathan's Half-Sours are very nearly as good.

If they just say Nathan's New York Style Kosher Dills -- avoid them like the plague. Unless you like cucumbers dipped in water.

If they don't say "Sour" or "Half-Sour" don't buy them.

And the store near-ish me that carried them, no longer does!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2016, 06:01 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I'm un-punning here:

If every vegetable tasted as good (but different) from fresh peas picked and eaten out in the field, I'd be swayed to the dark/vegetarian side.

Sadly, most taste like cardboard dipped in water, only chewier and more bland.
Try more veggies out in the firld. some of my favories are asparagus, okra, Brussels sprouts and snap peas. Ooooh, almost fergot corn.

Old 08-18-2016, 06:07 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,612,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I was exaggerating a smidge....

I actually like grilled veggies basted in Greek or Italian salad dressing, usually skewered with marinated chunks of pork, beef, chicken or lamb.

In other words, as part of a kabob. I also like corn, asparagus, cauliflower, brussels sprouts crowns (gag me on the stems!) and carrots. Love onions, mushrooms, tomatoes and garlic, if they count.

I'm a big feta fan too. I love a nice sliced/diced tomato & English cucumber with chunks of feta, drizzled with Greek dressing and ground pepper.

My son is going to can some of his tomatoes this year for the first time. I hope they turn out well. Then I can pick his brain. If they don't, maybe we'll both pick yours.

I honest-to-Godfrey Daniel consider myself a connoisseur of dill pickles. My paternal grandmother made the best pickles ever. I've spent 60+years seeking their equal. I've never tried making them but I sample every brand I ever come across, including many from farmers' markets. The very best ever commercially-available dill pickle I have tasted in 60+ years of sampling are Nathan's New York Style Sour Dills.

Nathan's Half-Sours are very nearly as good.

If they just say Nathan's New York Style Kosher Dills -- avoid them like the plague. Unless you like cucumbers dipped in water.

If they don't say "Sour" or "Half-Sour" don't buy them.

And the store near-ish me that carried them, no longer does!
make them I purchased a crock and easy-peasy. cukes, kosher salt and water and time. make sure you keep water in the rim to avoid bacteria, and the best part is listening to the gas burp and escape.
We blame the dog anyway.

Old 08-18-2016, 06:07 PM

23,126 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Quote:
Now I want fresh peas. That means another trip to the Farmers Market.. I love making pickles and sauerkraut.

Anyone can come see Hannibal and Hannibal will treat them to a funded vacation set up in condos where the peas shall be brought out, but you would only have a taste of my tomatoes.

Once you seal a quart of the right tomatoes, it takes 3 years before you can even open them.

If I sent you a quart and had you put them in a blender, you would be all like,'' Hannibal, I will pay 30 bucks for another quart.''

Really, but yeah, come to me, I will give you rest.

Yeah, sorry I have to do this to you, surrender.

Don't watch this if you don't want to belong to me.

You will think it is funny, but this aint no game.

Brb, got to start a fire and cut my hair.

https://youtu.be/X3iK5NPPnl8

Old 08-18-2016, 06:11 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,612,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Anyone can come see Hannibal and Hannibal will treat them to a funded vacation set up in condos where the peas shall be brought out, but you would only have a taste of my tomatoes.

Once you seal a quart of the right tomatoes, it takes 3 years before you can even open them.

If I sent you a quart and had you put them in a blender, you would be all like,'' Hannibal, I will pay 30 bucks for another quart.''

Really, but yeah, come to me, I will give you rest.

Yeah, sorry I have to do this to you, surrender.

Don't watch this if you don't want to belong to me.

You will think it is funny, but this aint no game.

Brb, got to start a fire and cut my hair.

https://youtu.be/X3iK5NPPnl8
You had me at chicken in blue pants.

Old 08-18-2016, 08:42 PM

6,790 posts, read 2,897,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV
Jeff, since you have this mindset that homosexuality is wrong while heterosexuality is right ...would you give us a lucid explanation as to the reason/s why? You see, "I" have this mindset that one's sexual orientation is perfectly 'natural' to a particular individual and therefore CANNOT possibly be 'a sin'. So far no one has offered any intelligent reason as to why I should change that mindset. Maybe you can do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
1. The Bible always endorses relationships as between a man and a woman. No exceptions. It never once speaks positive about homosexuality.
The Bible endorses males and their property, the female of which is one such item. Even the 10th commandment of the Big Ten reads: You shall not covet your neighbor's house. You shall not covet your neighbor's wife, or his male or female servant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.

You see, 'your neighbor' is a male. You will also see that the male's house, his wife, his cattle, etc. belongs to the neighbor. Would you see this as being the ideal arrangement for today ...that a man owns his wife? THAT is your Bible-approved relationship between a man and a woman.

And, of course male/male relationships would be frowned on in those times because one of the males would be seen to be playing the subordinate role, i.e. the role of a female or a piece of property. Female/female relationships? One female being seen to 'own' the other? I have no idea how that would work.

It's all about ownership, Jeff. You need to get this fact clear in your mind.

Quote:
2. God's design for the family unit is a male and female joined together and children to have both a mother and father. God created sexuality as a gift to humans to be enjoyed inside marriage. That gift creates a physical bond with our opposite sex so we are truly one flesh in the moment. And couples who usually obey God's law and wait till marriage don't tell to get divorced either!
What you say above sounds more like a reading from a Barbara Cartland romance novel than a reading from the Bible!

Have you actually read the Bible, Jeff?

Quote:
3. Anything God creates for good, Satan wants to pervert for evil. Sexual immorality is going completely opposite of what God intended which is sin.
Satan, the boogie-man for adults. Do intelligent people still actually believe in the Devil ...?

Quote:
If your position is that it can not e sin because it makes people happy well so does adultry! Why do you consider that to be a sin?
There is no such thing as 'sin'. That's just an outdated religious word. If we rather use the more useful terms such as 'right' and 'wrong' then there is nothing wrong in two adult people being mutually sexually attracted to one another and even choosing to commit themselves to a life-long relationship.

So, no 'sin' there at all.

'Sin' is such a silly word that I find it hard to believe - and somewhat embarrassing - that intelligent people still use that term to target others ...particularly since that biblical term equally applies to them!

Old 08-18-2016, 09:06 PM

10,086 posts, read 5,729,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
[/color]

The Bible endorses males and their property, the female of which is one such item. Even the 10th commandment of the Big Ten reads: You shall not covet your neighbor's house. You shall not covet your neighbor's wife, or his male or female servant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.

You see, 'your neighbor' is a male. You will also see that the male's house, his wife, his cattle, etc. belongs to the neighbor. Would you see this as being the ideal arrangement for today ...that a man owns his wife? THAT is your Bible-approved relationship between a man and a woman.

And, of course male/male relationships would be frowned on in those times because one of the males would be seen to be playing the subordinate role, i.e. the role of a female or a piece of property. Female/female relationships? One female being seen to 'own' the other? I have no idea how that would work.

It's all about ownership, Jeff. You need to get this fact clear in your mind.

What you say above sounds more like a reading from a Barbara Cartland romance novel than a reading from the Bible!

Have you actually read the Bible, Jeff?

Satan, the boogie-man for adults. Do intelligent people still actually believe in the Devil ...?

There is no such thing as 'sin'. That's just an outdated religious word. If we rather use the more useful terms such as 'right' and 'wrong' then there is nothing wrong in two adult people being mutually sexually attracted to one another and even choosing to commit themselves to a life-long relationship.

So, no 'sin' there at all.

'Sin' is such a silly word that I find it hard to believe - and somewhat embarrassing - that intelligent people still use that term to target others ...particularly since that biblical term equally applies to them!
Wow what an amazing perversion of the Christian faith. Your beliefs have NOTHING absolutely NOTHING in common with Christianity. Mocking me for believing in Satan? You have NO IDEA what is going on. I sincerely hope NO ONE believes your extremely false and dangerous teachings. People will go to hell believing your perversion of the gospel.

Old 08-18-2016, 09:16 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,039,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacebwithyou View Post
The God you have a relationship with is not the God of the scriptures, otherwise you would fear him. Proverbs 9:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

And a rep

Old 08-18-2016, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Wow what an amazing perversion of the Christian faith. Your beliefs have NOTHING absolutely NOTHING in common with Christianity. Mocking me for believing in Satan? You have NO IDEA what is going on. I sincerely hope NO ONE believes your extremely false and dangerous teachings. People will go to hell believing your perversion of the gospel.

And another rep

Old 08-18-2016, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiden_fern View Post
My guess is that he is a mohel.

Whirled peas

And you'd be right....but a spiritual one. Peace....and of course, Ronkon's peas.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity