U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 08:56 PM

8,989 posts, read 12,448,301 times

Advertisements

YouTube - An Inadequate Gospel - John MacArthur & Todd Friel (Wretched)

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 10-10-2009 at 09:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2009, 09:06 PM

8,989 posts, read 12,448,301 times

YouTube - Wretched TV An Inadequate Gospel 3

Old 10-10-2009, 09:06 PM

5,925 posts, read 5,681,725 times
It actually is a great book.

I have seen the people I have bought the book for become closer to God and further away from sin and they love Jesus. They see less religion in their life and greater freedom to escape sin.

I recommend it as one tool out of the vast many things there is to help one another gain a more spiritual life with God.

Old 10-10-2009, 09:22 PM

8,435 posts, read 8,384,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
YouTube - An Inadequate Gospel - John MacArthur & Todd Friel (Wretched)
An inadequate gospel because it has "no repentance, no judgment, no hell, no heaven, no self-denial, no discussion of sin, no laying down of the Law of God against which the sinner is broken, no sense of guilt, no sense of condemnation, no fear of eternal torment."

"It will contribute to defection"

"A shallow gospel presentation that doesn't present the reality of Eternal Judgment, the reality of the Law of God, the reality of condemnation, eternal hell, does not warn of God's wrath, that does not crush the sinner under the weight of his violation of the Law of God, that does not make him stand before God guilty."

The speaker goes on to say... where in the bible do we see that if you follow this you will have a sense of being full of purpose of fullness???

"These things I have spoken to you so that My joy may be in you, and that your joy may be made full." (John 15:11)

Yes we are supposed to feel joy and purpose...duh!!!

And the speaker says that the "adequate gospel" is sometimes not satisfying at all as you get thumped for being a Christian! but it is a bad book because it says 40 days are significant...LOL

And I just watched the first video you posted.. The guy seems arrogant and condescending to me but then the whole "adequate gospel" is pretty absurd in that it MUST contain:
repentance, judgment, hell, heaven (at least there's heaven), self-denial, discussion of sin, laying down of the Law of God against which the sinner is broken, sense of guilt, sense of condemnation, fear of eternal torment, eternal judgment, the reality of the Law of God, the reality of condemnation, eternal hell, warning of God's wrath, a crushing of the sinner under the weight of his violation of the Law of God, sinner must stand before God guilty.

It is an apostasy gospel if it doesn't teach in every word...all of the above things...

I'll take my gospel apostatized, thanks!

Old 10-10-2009, 11:02 PM

8,435 posts, read 8,384,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
YouTube - Wretched TV An Inadequate Gospel 3
Let's go through this video now cuz I'm bored...

Todd begins by saying all men are wretched. And to prove it a game show called "Who is the biggest sinner in the whole world" is played! How fun! Oh man.. no prizes? Oh well..

Choices:
  1. Adolf Hitler
  2. Mother Theresa
  3. Apostle Paul
  4. an adorable child
  5. Me (Todd?)
Ahhh man there wasn't a choice for all of them! That's not fair!

Todd says we all sin the same amount..different sins but same amount of sin. All are unclean! You are the same as Adolf Hitler! He says it so convincingly! MEN ARE EVIL as scripture teaches!

All men are evil because of the Adamic nature or "original sin", Yes even that adorable child is EVIL! Children aren't just naughty sometimes...they are EVIL!

Of course an 18 month old that doesn't take no for an answer and cries has the intent to...if he was an 18 year old man....slaughter you where you stand!!! (Can you believe this rubbish?) and take what he wanted walking over your bloody body without an ounce of remorse... Yikes!

The bible wants to teach us that we are really really bad.. you know the ten commandments, right?

Don't trust your heart because it is really bad too..we are bad, bad, really, really truly bad...

Challenge from Todd:

If you agree with the bible, that we are really bad and really wretched and so God should CRUSH US!
But instead he did something kind to rescue us from his wrath...so he sent his son to redeem us 2000 years ago! YAY!

Romans 5:8 - God let Jesus take our punishment for our sins..

Now what you need to do as you watch this program is focus on all your sins and wrongdoings... really focus now. Then consider his kindness.

Only when we see our depravity will we respond in repentance in faith. Not just believing but repenting.

1. Stop
  2. Agree
  3. Apologize
  4. Turn from your sins
  5. forsake your sins
  6. put your trust in Jesus Christ
Then you are God's Child! The best news ever!

Too bad for that adorable little child that cannot stop, agree, apologize, turn from their sins, and trust Jesus... oh well the rest wasn't so bad after all we humans are horrible, horrible, horrible!!!

Old 10-11-2009, 04:10 AM

4,346 posts, read 5,565,954 times
Todd is a smart ass. John is consumed with Calvinistic dogma.

I love them both though. They are, underneath the exterior, just little lost sheep.

Old 10-11-2009, 04:35 AM

30,151 posts, read 19,964,744 times
I watched 28 seconds of the first video that was adequate enough time to see this video was inadequate of a true representation of the gospel of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Old 10-11-2009, 10:43 AM

3,553 posts, read 4,371,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I watched 28 seconds of the first video that was adequate enough time to see this video was inadequate of a true representation of the gospel of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Yea, 28 seconds is too long .

John the Baptist and Jesus had the opening Gospel message down pat in under 5 seconds:

"Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand."-John the Baptist Matt 3:2

From that time Jesus began to preach and say, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." Matt 4:17

Old 10-11-2009, 10:44 AM

30,151 posts, read 19,964,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Yea, 28 seconds is too long .

John the Baptist and Jesus had the opening Gospel message down pat in under 5 seconds:

"Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand."-John the Baptist Matt 3:2

From that time Jesus began to preach and say, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." Matt 4:17
It was 28 seconds to long

Old 10-11-2009, 10:53 AM

3,553 posts, read 4,371,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
It was 28 seconds to long

I got it the first time, but was reinforcing what John and Jesus taught, because UR's don't talk repentance, just acceptance. This is why your doctrine doesn't do the world any good, because it accepts alternate sinful lifestyles.
In other words, if the sin is not defined, and rebuked to repentance, then there is no gospel message. This is why sinners, who willfully continue in their sin, flock to the UR churches in droves, and why the likes of the prosperity preachers are so successful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or