U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 01:30 PM

2,331 posts, read 2,952,318 times

Advertisements

Powerful Positive Affirmations for Christians

Positive affirmations recited frequently and held in the mind have been known for probably thousands of years to be effective in helping move people towards their goals and to become the person they really want to be. The principle behind affirmations is that if you tell your subconscious mind something repeatedly it will soon begin to believe it and will make changes to attract and fulfill whatever it is you want. (You of course also need to take necessary actions to help fulfill your desire.)

There is no copyright on the suggested list of affirmations below, they are commonly found in many places, many are derived from the Bible. So feel free to copy, edit, print, use, and distribute the list. And please post your own suggestions to build the list.

(Yes, I'm aware that positive thinking is not all that one needs to do to be saved, salvation is in Jesus Christ, prayer is very important, this has nothing to do with the doctrines or teachings of the church I am a member of.)

I suggest that you read the following list of powerful affirmations aloud as you arise in the morning, and as you go to bed at night. Memorize and keep one or two favorites in your mind throughout the day. Develop the habit of paying attention to what's playing in the theater of your mind - you do have power to control your thoughts, it gets easier and easier with practice. Focus only on those thoughts and scenes that are pure and useful, ignore all others. Throughout the day, keep a prayer in your heart and a pleasant countenance.

You will soon feel a gathering power. You are taking charge of your life, separating the wheat within from the tares that come with our carnal nature and environment. You are becoming the person you really want to be...

"That ye put off the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness." (Eph 4: 22-24)

List of Powerful Affirmations to replace thoughts of weakness, fear, and self-doubt.

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." (2 Tim 1:7)

This is the day which the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
I am a joint-heir with Jesus Christ and more than a conqueror.
I am a doer of the teachings of Jesus, a channel for his blessings.
With God, all things are possible.
God's healing hand is now overshadowing me and healing is instant.
By day and by night I powerfully attract more and more success, peace, and prosperity.
Every day in every way I am getting better, better, and better.
I am blessed coming in and I am blessed going out.
God has commanded His blessing on my storehouses.
He has given me power to make wealth and happiness for myself and others.
No evil shall befall me and no plague shall overcome my dwelling.
God has given his angels charge over me, they are bearing me up in their hands.
I am called out of darkness into God's marvelous light.
My enemies will always flee before me.
God has opened His good treasures and I shall lend and not borrow.
No weapon formed against me shall prosper.
Every tongue which rises against me in false judgment You shall condemn.
God is my refuge, righteousness my armor.
I am saved from wrath by Him and justified by the blood of the Lamb.
I am a child of God and I love everybody.
I radiate to all the pure love of Jesus Christ, and his healing power.
I am now shining and focusing the light that is quietly gathering within and about me.
God is renewing a right spirit within me.
I know that God lives and Jesus is the Christ.

I am trying my very best to be what You want me to be. I pray that peace will be within those who love, and prosperity and success will dwell always in their homes. Amen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2009, 06:06 AM

It is my hope that board members will recognize the value of positive affirmations and will use them daily. Reciting this list of affirmations often is excellent personal preparation for coming times that could be even much more disturbing than what we are witnessing in our nation today.

"And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days." Mark 13: 20

http://scriptures.lds.org/en/mark/13/20#20

We do have the power to take control of our thoughts, that may be the greatest struggle we will ever have in this life. With affirmations it gets easier and easier...

"For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace." Romans 8: 6

http://scriptures.lds.org/en/rom/8/6#6

Please post your own favorite affirmations here and keep this thread on page one, thanks.

Last edited by justamere10; 10-12-2009 at 06:16 AM..

Old 10-13-2009, 10:31 AM

I invite those who have had positive experiences with reciting affirmations such as those listed in this thread to share their story with us. Some people have been lifted from dark depths of despair and had their confidence renewed in just a few days.

Do you have a story to tell, or one you've heard?

Any favorite books about the subject?

Old 10-13-2009, 10:54 AM

14,990 posts, read 7,526,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justamere10 View Post

Any favorite books about the subject?
The Worry Free Life

Old 10-13-2009, 11:22 AM

8,989 posts, read 12,446,997 times
I am who I am, in my fallen state I can't get any better than I am now, this is the best I can be no matter what I do. I am stuck this way BUT because of the Holy Spirit I will change and I will grow. I allow the Holy Spirit to perform His role in me and thus God gets the glory. I tap into the power of the Holy Spirit. Amen!

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 10-13-2009 at 11:38 AM..

Old 10-13-2009, 11:31 AM

It is the experience of many people that the subconscious mind quickly believes whatever it is consistently told over a period of time. So if we speak to it limitations, we will limit ourselves and thus possibly never reach our true potential as a son or daughter of God.

Old 10-13-2009, 12:00 PM

1,340 posts, read 2,430,672 times
Quote:
Powerful Positive Affirmations for Christians

Positive affirmations recited frequently and held in the mind have been known for probably thousands of years to be effective in helping move people towards their goals and to become the person they really want to be. The principle behind affirmations is that if you tell your subconscious mind something repeatedly it will soon begin to believe it and will make changes to attract and fulfill whatever it is you want. (You of course also need to take necessary actions to help fulfill your desire.)

There is no copyright on the suggested list of affirmations below, they are commonly found in many places, many are derived from the Bible. So feel free to copy, edit, print, use, and distribute the list. And please post your own suggestions to build the list.

(Yes, I'm aware that positive thinking is not all that one needs to do to be saved, salvation is in Jesus Christ, prayer is very important, this has nothing to do with the doctrines or teachings of the church I am a member of.)

I suggest that you read the following list of powerful affirmations aloud as you arise in the morning, and as you go to bed at night. Memorize and keep one or two favorites in your mind throughout the day. Develop the habit of paying attention to what's playing in the theater of your mind - you do have power to control your thoughts, it gets easier and easier with practice. Focus only on those thoughts and scenes that are pure and useful, ignore all others. Throughout the day, keep a prayer in your heart and a pleasant countenance.

You will soon feel a gathering power. You are taking charge of your life, separating the wheat within from the tares that come with our carnal nature and environment. You are becoming the person you really want to be...

"That ye put off the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness." (Eph 4: 22-24)

List of Powerful Affirmations to replace thoughts of weakness, fear, and self-doubt.

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." (2 Tim 1:7)

This is the day which the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
I am a joint-heir with Jesus Christ and more than a conqueror.
I am a doer of the teachings of Jesus, a channel for his blessings.
With God, all things are possible.
God's healing hand is now overshadowing me and healing is instant.
By day and by night I powerfully attract more and more success, peace, and prosperity.
Every day in every way I am getting better, better, and better.
I am blessed coming in and I am blessed going out.
God has commanded His blessing on my storehouses.
He has given me power to make wealth and happiness for myself and others.
No evil shall befall me and no plague shall overcome my dwelling.
God has given his angels charge over me, they are bearing me up in their hands.
I am called out of darkness into God's marvelous light.
My enemies will always flee before me.
God has opened His good treasures and I shall lend and not borrow.
No weapon formed against me shall prosper.
Every tongue which rises against me in false judgment You shall condemn.
God is my refuge, righteousness my armor.
I am saved from wrath by Him and justified by the blood of the Lamb.
I am a child of God and I love everybody.
I radiate to all the pure love of Jesus Christ, and his healing power.
I am now shining and focusing the light that is quietly gathering within and about me.
God is renewing a right spirit within me.
I know that God lives and Jesus is the Christ.

I am trying my very best to be what You want me to be. I pray that peace will be within those who love, and prosperity and success will dwell always in their homes. Amen.
All well and good, But Jesus said to go out and help the poor and oppressed,and promised a cross for you to carry not prosperity and success.

Old 10-13-2009, 12:43 PM

7,543 posts, read 11,548,929 times
My mom was very instrumental in many lives, especially mine. She was used (almost constantly) to instruct, council, and cheer.

1. Our mistakes are not failures to Him, for He uses them for His desired end.

2. See in all men the Price that was paid for them.

3. God does not feel the same way about you (and others) as you do.

4. We have been chosen for a hard, yet blessed path. (cancer was her final cross)

5. Don't curse the darkness; give it no mind at all.

Last edited by little elmer; 10-13-2009 at 01:17 PM..

Old 10-13-2009, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingfoot View Post
All well and good, But Jesus said to go out and help the poor and oppressed,and promised a cross for you to carry not prosperity and success.
It is difficult to lift up the poor and oppressed if you too are poor and oppressed. Do everything you can to lift yourself up, and you will be able to reach down and help lift your brothers and sisters.

It is my belief that Jesus carried the cross for us and that in a nation where there is freedom, prosperity and success evolve from right thinking and right living.

We are sons and daughters of God. He does not give us a stone when we ask for bread. We are not the heirs of suffering, but of all that HE has.

We are born to have joy not pain; though it's true that pain does come at times, and more often and more deeply to some. That is possibly because of weaknesses in our physical tabernacles, and from enemies of the flesh without. Many suffered in the last century for things modern science heals easily today, their suffering was not inflicted by God. Many who suffer today will be healed by tomorrow's medicine.

That's how I see it.

Old 10-13-2009, 02:55 PM

4,883 posts, read 5,115,922 times
Quote:
It is difficult to lift up the poor and oppressed if you too are poor and oppressed.
I don't ever recall reading where Jesus said life would be easy and full of prosperity. We are called to be content in whatever situation we find ourselves and should help others as we are able even if this is only an encouraging word. It doesn't cost money to be kind and compassionate to others...it just requires LOVE. You be amazed how much helping others makes one feel better about themselves.

Quote:
It is my belief that Jesus carried the cross for us and that in a nation where there is freedom, prosperity and success evolve from right thinking and right living.
Mt 16:24 Then Jesus said to His disciples, "If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me.
25 "For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it; but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it.

I don't think Jesus knew the gospel of Joel Olsteen. I don't see any prosperity gospel in Jesus words here.

Quote:
We are born to have joy not pain; though it's true that pain does come at times, and more often and more deeply to some. That is possibly because of weaknesses in our physical tabernacles, and from enemies of the flesh without. Many suffered in the last century for things modern science heals easily today, their suffering was not inflicted by God. Many who suffer today will be healed by tomorrow's medicine.

That's how I see it.
Isaiah 45:7 The One forming light and creating darkness,
Causing well-being (good) and creating calamity (evil);
I am the LORD who does all these.

You don't think much about the Sovereignty of God either. God is the cause of all that happens in this life and all that happens to us. If you think differently than you don't really know who your Creator is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or