U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2014, 03:18 PM

10,494 posts, read 10,072,475 times

Advertisements

I've got to tell you if he comes knocking on my door he must really be lost, but I would invite him in for a cup of coffee and a meal and some pleasant conversation about the different religions and cultural beliefs there are in the world today and why so many people seem to think that they must fight and kill one another over their beliefs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2014, 03:21 PM

2,601 posts, read 1,491,221 times
I'd be like, "OMG, Jesus! Come on in, I have so much to tell you." And He'd be like, "I know!"

Old 08-15-2014, 03:30 PM

11,918 posts, read 13,819,013 times
The video is no longer working, right? I can't see it. I would fall at His feet and worship Him. He is my Lord and Savior. God bless.

Old 08-15-2014, 03:52 PM

214 posts, read 179,807 times
So...I'm assuming that, along with being "magically" transported to the here and now and to my front door, JC would also magically be able to converse with me in english, since back in the day he spoke Aramaic--a tribal dialect of Hebrew--and I know not one word of that lingo?

OK, well, after sitting him down with a nice glass of red wine and maybe a pork chop or two, since he'd probably me tired and hungry from his cosmic journey, the first thing I'd want to do is brink out a phone book and show him all the hundreds of different religions and churches that our listed in the Yellow Pages.

I'm pretty sure this would bum him out mightily, causing him to hang his head and exclaim, "This is NOT what I had in mind."
Then I'd take him on over to a seat beside me on the PC and I'd surf the net and show him various historical snippets--probably from Wikipedia, outlining all the death and destruction that have been permeated over the past 2000 years in HIS name: The Crusades; the Spanish Inquisition; the Catholic priests scandal; ethnic cleansing, etc.

At this point he would most likely get up to fetch the rest of that bottle of wine, or maybe he would need something even stronger. I got it: I'd offer him a couple shots of Jagermeister, justifying the inbibement of hard liquor by informing him that, "Hey, it's OK; monks make it!"

Lastly, before bidding him adieu before he toddled back to the Pearly Gates, I'd feel compelled to admit to him that I am, alas, a lapsed Catholic and now a skeptical agnostic, and that almost everything I hear from and about organized religion pretty much disgusts me.
He'd say, "I don't blame you, my son; it does me as well."

Old 08-15-2014, 06:04 PM

5,489 posts, read 5,213,219 times
I would invite Him in, and ask Him if He thought I was an ok person, and not the mess I think I am sometimes.

He'd probably say I'm really ok, more than I know…. but it would be good to hear it from an expert.

Then I'd ask Him if I was living a life He had planned for me, and do I make Him happy and see what He says.

These three concerns follow me thru my life.

Old 08-15-2014, 08:37 PM

2,220 posts, read 2,036,012 times
I would invite him in, crack open a couple of beers and ask him to teach me how to make wine.

Old 08-15-2014, 08:41 PM

35,121 posts, read 37,842,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre_Corriendo View Post
So...I'm assuming that, along with being "magically" transported to the here and now and to my front door, JC would also magically be able to converse with me in english, since back in the day he spoke Aramaic--a tribal dialect of Hebrew--and I know not one word of that lingo?

OK, well, after sitting him down with a nice glass of red wine and maybe a pork chop or two, since he'd probably me tired and hungry from his cosmic journey, the first thing I'd want to do is brink out a phone book and show him all the hundreds of different religions and churches that our listed in the Yellow Pages.

I'm pretty sure this would bum him out mightily, causing him to hang his head and exclaim, "This is NOT what I had in mind."
Then I'd take him on over to a seat beside me on the PC and I'd surf the net and show him various historical snippets--probably from Wikipedia, outlining all the death and destruction that have been permeated over the past 2000 years in HIS name: The Crusades; the Spanish Inquisition; the Catholic priests scandal; ethnic cleansing, etc.

At this point he would most likely get up to fetch the rest of that bottle of wine, or maybe he would need something even stronger. I got it: I'd offer him a couple shots of Jagermeister, justifying the inbibement of hard liquor by informing him that, "Hey, it's OK; monks make it!"

Lastly, before bidding him adieu before he toddled back to the Pearly Gates, I'd feel compelled to admit to him that I am, alas, a lapsed Catholic and now a skeptical agnostic, and that almost everything I hear from and about organized religion pretty much disgusts me.
He'd say, "I don't blame you, my son; it does me as well."
I might rethink the pork but the wine would probably be just fine.

Old 08-16-2014, 07:09 AM

2,819 posts, read 2,767,041 times
I would see that hr still has the stone on in his hands. " Jesus, what is the stone for". Hr would say, " I am not one to cast stones" all your followers surely do.

Old 08-16-2014, 07:12 AM

10,664 posts, read 7,709,417 times
I think I'd ask him to prove he is who he says he is before letting him in.

Old 08-16-2014, 07:16 AM

534 posts, read 671,156 times
Default I'd ask

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
Why are your followers so misunderstanding of your message...and also who shot JFK
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or