U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-12-2009, 04:08 AM
 
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
1,195 posts, read 2,122,176 times
Reputation: 1831

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whos'who View Post
Are new born babies who are not saved and who have not excepted Jesus as their lord and savior, comdemned to hell?
Why oh why am I about to do this?

First, I'm wondering how a baby has the capacity in any way shape form or fashion to accept anything - especially something like "jesus as his/her lord & saviour"?

But, sure, yeah, no accepty... no heaven... thereby:

THE FIERY PIT OF HELL FOR ALL OF ETERNITY TO ALL BABIES WHO DIE W/OUT the above acceptance criteria - thereby condemning all small children to hell forever.

God is good all the time.

This clearly is what the god of christianity intended...

Makes absolute sense!

TO HELL WITH ALL OF THEM "UNSAVED" BABIES (hell not being a curse word but a LITERAL PLACE in this circumstance, so don't get me for cursing... no no no)...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-12-2009, 04:25 AM
 
Location: East Coast
30,165 posts, read 19,971,676 times
Reputation: 2107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
The reason they have to come to Jesus is because He says that you have too. So, what He says goes. Not what I or you say. He has the final say so. There are scriptures that says Jesus is the way and no other, you can't get into heaven without Him. He even says that.
Miss Shawn it was God that came to us , so He didn't say we have to at all.
I think you are standing on much safer ground when you credit God with fulfilling it all.
Just like we love Him because He first loved us , He chose us not the other way round, just like is goodness led us to repent.
So i will turn it around on you and say "what He actually said goes".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2009, 05:04 AM
 
3,067 posts, read 3,487,341 times
Reputation: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
The idea of babies in hell is not so far removed from Christian thought as many would like to think.
.
Limbo is now moot.

I do not believe the old teaching of Limbo was an official teaching, nor do I believe that the Catholic understanding of Limbo means that they were even for one second out of the loving arms of the Father.

Limbo was a theological answer, not a real place.

and as it is no longer a teaching, the point is moot.

and any that try to claim that limbo was close to hell..?...LOL...that are clue free.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2009, 05:35 AM
 
14 posts, read 37,054 times
Reputation: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
I know of no Christian church that teaches that unbaptized babies end up in hells everlasting fire...

where do unsaved babies go?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2009, 05:40 AM
 
14 posts, read 37,054 times
Reputation: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
THe age when you come into the full knowledge of right and wrong, understanding and comprehending


I did not know that you need to know the differnce between right and wrong in order to be saved first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2009, 06:18 AM
 
Location: Somewhere between here and there.
124 posts, read 271,429 times
Reputation: 58
So why would god send a soul that never sinned to hell? That makes no sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2009, 07:52 AM
 
Location: south Missouri
438 posts, read 912,279 times
Reputation: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
Limbo is now moot.

I do not believe the old teaching of Limbo was an official teaching, nor do I believe that the Catholic understanding of Limbo means that they were even for one second out of the loving arms of the Father.

Limbo was a theological answer, not a real place.

and as it is no longer a teaching, the point is moot.

and any that try to claim that limbo was close to hell..?...LOL...that are clue free.

The teaching of limbo is indeed moot and over. But when it was taught, it was not a bad place nor related to hell in any way (or Purgatory either).

The basic Catholic tenet is that unbaptized babies are under the age of reason (age in which an individual can be mature and reasonable enough to make spiritual choices) and thus they go to heaven.

Most Catholic children are baptised at an early age; if a child is ill or seems in danger, they are baptised at birth (especially in a Catholic hospital). In an extreme or emergency situation, it is permissable to baptise the child yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2009, 10:43 AM
 
Location: South Carolina
3,586 posts, read 5,343,367 times
Reputation: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Perhaps you will catch this tomorrow... and I won't be back on till later in the evening but...

I used to struggle with that verse in Matthew as well... It is this one that you refer to... right?

Matthew 7:23 "And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.'

(Well there is one in Luke as well that says the same thing)

What I don't think you realize is that Christ is quoting from Psalm 119:115 "Depart from me, evildoers, That I may observe the commandments of my God."

So I think Jesus was saying that he didn't want to have any part with evil doers because he had to maintain his purity for the cross as this was early in his ministry... later in his ministry we see him talking with tax collectors and other such sinners.

It is clear that David struggled in the company of evildoers and Jesus quoting the Psalm makes me think that he had to get away from them so he told them to go away... I don't see them going away to eternal damnation or separation for eternity but nonetheless... he cannot say he has even heard of them or he may be counted as an evildoer... in which case no one would believe he was the Messiah as prophesied.. But that is my take.
It could also be a quotation of Psalm 6:8 Depart from me, all you who do iniquity, For the LORD has heard the voice of my weeping.
and Psalm 6:9 says "The LORD has heard my cry for mercy; the LORD accepts my prayer." but that doesn't really fit with the context as well as the other Psalm...

Hope your day goes well... See you again soon.
Well, I don't struggle with the verse because I simply take what the verse says.

We make mistakes when we say I think, instead of just taking the verse for what it says. You should never take away or add to a verse.

The verse is saying that Jesus will send those out of His side for He never knew them, because they practices lawlessness.

We have to take the verse for what it says, not for what we want it to say. Things would be much easier.

Yes, Jesus talked to tax collectors and sinners because He was sent to them to give them the Gospel. But He is clear that He will one day send those out of His sight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2009, 10:46 AM
 
Location: South Carolina
3,586 posts, read 5,343,367 times
Reputation: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Miss Shawn it was God that came to us , so He didn't say we have to at all.
I think you are standing on much safer ground when you credit God with fulfilling it all.
Just like we love Him because He first loved us , He chose us not the other way round, just like is goodness led us to repent.
So i will turn it around on you and say "what He actually said goes".
I think we are on muct savier ground when we take and believe what Jesus said to be true. Yes, Jesus did chose us because He created us, but all will not come to Christ.

There was a town that Christ cried over because they rejected Him. His own rejected Him. So, this shows you that Christ loved them, and of course He chose them, but they rejected Him.

All will not come to Christ. You believe otherwise, but is not the case.,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2009, 10:51 AM
 
Location: East Coast
30,165 posts, read 19,971,676 times
Reputation: 2107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
I think we are on muct savier ground when we take and believe what Jesus said to be true. Yes, Jesus did chose us because He created us, but all will not come to Christ.

There was a town that Christ cried over because they rejected Him. His own rejected Him. So, this shows you that Christ loved them, and of course He chose them, but they rejected Him.

All will not come to Christ. You believe otherwise, but is not the case.,
What you said about the town that rejected Jesus makes no sense of all.

I rejected Jesus for years , and yet i now believe . So what you are saying is if you reject Jesus , that's it your done you are bound to Eternal Torment .Well how come you and i now believe ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top