U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2009, 11:07 AM

3,586 posts, read 5,344,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
What you said about the town that rejected Jesus makes no sense of all.

I rejected Jesus for years , and yet i now believe . So what you are saying is if you reject Jesus , that's it your done you are bound to Eternal Torment .Well how come you and i now believe ?
Sorry, not a town, Jesus weeped over Jerusalem, becaue they did believe who He said that He was. They was rejecting Jesus, rejecting that He was God. They wanted to stone Him, kill Him.

Jesus said

Luke 13:34 I am not quoting the entire verse, you can read it for yourself, But He says I have longed to gather your children under her wings, but you were not willing? Point blank they were not coming to Christ. He was calling Jerusalem ( her ) Jerusalem Children, His Children. He even say you want see me come again until you say, Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord. He didn't say when I die on the cross, they have to say what He says and come to Him.

John 1:11 He came to that which was His own but His own did not receive Him, Yet to all who ( not everyone but who ever ) received Him to those who believed in His name He gave the right to become children of God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2009, 11:15 AM

30,185 posts, read 19,981,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
Sorry, not a town, Jesus weeped over Jerusalem, becaue they did believe who He said that He was. They was rejecting Jesus, rejecting that He was God. They wanted to stone Him, kill Him.

Jesus said

Luke 13:34 I am not quoting the entire verse, you can read it for yourself, But He says I have longed to gather your children under her wings, but you were not willing? Point blank they were not coming to Christ.

John 1:11 He came to that which was His own but His own did not receive Him, Yet to all who ( not everyone but who ever ) received Him to those who believed in His name He gave the right to become children of God.
But He did say "you will not see me again until you say blessed is He that comes in the name of the Lord".

So this tells us their rejection of Christ was not final and if you read Romans Chapter 9-11 you will see this.
You also see those who you referred to in John 1 received Him on the day of Pentecost , how do i know it's the same bunch of people at Pentecost ?

Acts 2
36"Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ."

Old 10-12-2009, 11:38 AM

Quote:
But He did say "you will not see me again until you say blessed is He that comes in the name of the Lord".

So this tells us their rejection of Christ was not final and if you read Romans Chapter 9-11 you will see this.
You also see those who you referred to in John 1 received Him on the day of Pentecost , how do i know it's the same bunch of people at Pentecost ?

Acts 2
36"Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ."
But you also see that it says until you say blessed is He, it does not say that everyone will say it. Stick to scripture. It does not say everyone will say blessed is He, people confuse themselves by not reading and adding to scripture.

Last edited by Miss Shawn_2828; 10-12-2009 at 11:52 AM..

Old 10-12-2009, 11:58 AM

Quote:
But you also see that it says until you say blessed is He, it does not say that everyone will say it. Stick to scripture. It does not say everyone will say blessed is He, people confuse themselves by not reading and adding to scripture.

Actually Miss Shawn it does
Every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord . If that is not blessing God i do not know what is.

Old 10-12-2009, 12:02 PM

Quote:

Actually Miss Shawn it does
Every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord . If that is not blessing God i do not know what is.
This is still another scripture that you are trying to twist to say what you want for it to say.

Every knee has to bow because Jesus is God, nothing can stand in His sight. Demons have to bow before Jesus. GEeeze.

Once again stick to scripture, every knee will bow and confess Jesus, they have too, but once again this scripture does not say that all will be with Him.

Stop confusing yourself. ANother one you twist, Jesus is the Savior of all man kind, of course He is, but all will not come to Him. Once again stick to scripture.

Old 10-12-2009, 12:09 PM

5,302 posts, read 5,287,428 times
I guess I am still new, but it appears that the debate of Universalism is always under way here?

Old 10-12-2009, 12:16 PM

Quote:
This is still another scripture that you are trying to twist to say what you want for it to say.

Every knee has to bow because Jesus is God, nothing can stand in His sight. Demons have to bow before Jesus. GEeeze.

Once again stick to scripture, every knee will bow and confess Jesus, they have too, but once again this scripture does not say that all will be with Him.

Stop confusing yourself. ANother one you twist, Jesus is the Savior of all man kind, of course He is, but all will not come to Him. Once again stick to scripture.
No one can say Jesus is Lord but by the Holy Spirit . I have never heard a demon confess Jesus as Lord and neither have i ever heard an unbeliever confess it.

Come to think of it neither have i read of demons bowing the knee , just demons fleaing His presence . Geeze where do you come up with these myths.

Last edited by pcamps; 10-12-2009 at 12:41 PM..

Old 10-12-2009, 12:38 PM

3,067 posts, read 3,488,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
I don't see where it says that we can't slaughter people for their own good to save them from the burning lake of fire before they sin...
Romans 3:8
"Why not say—as we are being slanderously reported as saying and as some claim that we say—"Let us do evil that good may result"? Their condemnation is deserved."

People that believe that you can do evil that good may come, are condemned...

The people burning in Hell are said to be condemned.
So this means that the people that try to justify the killing of innocent babies by saying some good will come from it, actually are sending themselves on a one-way ticket to Hell....

Old 10-12-2009, 12:42 PM

5,302 posts, read 5,287,428 times
Quote:
but that verse you provided is talking about being converted and as newly converted are like children.
I have been seeing a pattern here amongst Universalists, and katonjj, you are not immune to it either in this example. You take the scripture out of context. This response you gave to me is a perfect example of it. I agree with you on the above, but there is much more to it if you take the time to read the rest of the verse, chapter, or entire discourse for that matter. This is your major stumbling block, like many others in the church.

Mt 18:3 And he said: “I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.
Mt 18:4 Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
Mt 18:5 “And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me.
Mt 18:6 But if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.

We all must seek to be as pure as a little child that does not know right from wrong. Christ is proclaiming here, in this type/shadowed story, that children are pure and innocent. But he is also procaliming, that we, must be like children, to enter the kingdom. We must submit our ourselves in the simplest form of communion that a child has with its parent. The love between us, the Husband and the Bride, the Father and the Child, must be pure and continuous.

Old 10-12-2009, 12:45 PM

2,981 posts, read 4,306,503 times
Quote:
So you are saved but then by freewill you can undo that you are saved so that you have to ask to be saved again?

Either you are saved or not... how can you unsave yourself at the age of accountability just to be saved again when you believe in Christ?

That doesn't make much sense to me...
Adam was saved and by his freewill he lost his salvation. That's why we got kicked out of the Garden of Eden and lost the glory, in our firstborn/head of the Adam race.
Then, he had the promise of the Seed of the Woman who would make an end of the death, and who gave a covering of faith in hope, and Abel believed and was justified, and is one of the spirits of just men made perfect in Zion above, since the resurrection of Jesus Christ, but Abel did not follow the Light and rejected the warnings and became a lost son of wrath, by his own freewill.
The Atonement covers all born in Adam, from the beginning, and was always to cover them and make all in Adam able to enter into the presence of Glory on high and to be clothed with the garments of Salvation, which are the Spirit of regeneration and the body of regenerated flesh, which is yet to come for us who are "firstfruits in Christ".

Jesus has ended the first death and the remembrance of sin before the Glory above, for all in Adam, by His Atonement, and He was always to come and make an end of sin by His Atonement, as the Seed of the Woman [Zion] =the second Man/Kinsman/Redeemer to Adam, and by that, to cover the redeemed Adam seed with the garments of Salvation so that all in Adam could be made new in His own New Man/Kinsman/Redeemer name, at the resurrection unto life .

So if an Adam seed baby dies/departs the dead Adam flesh body before they come to the age of accountability for deeds done in their own old man Adam flesh body, then they have no deeds or remembrance against them, for good or for evil, and, yes indeed, they get into heaven, into the presence of the Glory, because Jesus covered Adam's transgressions. -but they also get no glory rewards for deeds done in the name of the New Man.

There is a reward system in glory for deeds done in this body of flesh, done in the New Man name Spirit [after one is born again in Christ], just as there is a reward system in the second death for deeds done in this body in the name of the old man, Adam, spirit, in unregenerated resurrection of it.

The garments of salvation are given to dead Adam seed babies just as they were given to all the just seed in Adam who died before the Atonement, who now are the spirits of just men made perfect, dwelling in Zion above.
Babies are also made perfect at death in the garments of salvation, if they die in Adam flesh, before understanding and awareness of good and evil, and make choices based on their own understanding -at whatever age that is for each human seed of Adam born into this world.

The Atonement made an end of the remembrance of the sin/defilement in Adam, and now no Adam seed is unclean because of the first death, and no one goes to the lake of fire or Sheol below, to wait for the judgment, because of our first father's transgression.

Only our own individual willfull transgressions done with knowledge and understanding, against the Light [which is Christ, who lights every man born into this world in the hopes that they will seek the Light, and find Christ with understanding] are judged before the throne of God and rewarded in the second death, in the degrees that are just for the transgressions done against the Light/Christ. -He who seeks, finds, by their own freewill choice.

Babies are covered. All souls belong to YHWH, and Jesus died for all in Adam, and no one is condemned to Sheol below or to the Lake of Fire because of the transgression of our first father.

-Got that? The Gospel of Peace with God through Christ is to be preached to all men born in Adam. Jesus died for all, once, and only those who reject the Light which lights them are rejects, in the end.
Babies cannot choose either good or evil, and there is no book of deeds against them or for them.
-Got that? -It's Gospel Truth! It's the Atonement Message which is the Message of Salvation for whosoever will, with understanding, choose the Light and so find Christ the Light; and babies have no understanding of either good or evil, and cannot choose either good or evil. Jesus died for all souls born in Adam. -Got that?

The babies and mental babies [retarded] human beings belong to Jesus by His blood Atonement. He came to die for all in Adam, not for just some in Adam, and no one goes to the lake of fire because of the fall of our firstborn, the head of the race, because that fall is covered by the Atonement.

Last edited by yeshuasavedme; 10-12-2009 at 12:55 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or