U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-20-2009, 12:17 PM
 
6,221 posts, read 6,402,926 times
Reputation: 682

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
The funny thing is he has already won because he knows that children are saved and will never go to hell...



We are not arguing that the reality is that babies go to hell... because hell as you know it does not exist and because Jesus brought salvation to all men, including babies and wicked people.

It is you who separate babies, children, and adults in their sin. The bible states that ALL have sinned and ALL are saved!

Its a win/win argument for sure.
Thanks Kat! Agreed.

And just to restate, I don't believe any babies will go into eternal torment because Jesus died for the sins of the world, which includes the sins of babies.

Win/win indeed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-20-2009, 12:26 PM
 
218 posts, read 268,871 times
Reputation: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
The funny thing is he has already won because he knows that children are saved and will never go to hell...



We are not arguing that the reality is that babies go to hell... because hell as you know it does not exist and because Jesus brought salvation to all men, including babies and wicked people.

It is you who separate babies, children, and adults in their sin. The bible states that ALL have sinned and ALL are saved!

Its a win/win argument for sure.
You think hell doesn't exit? what about heaven do you think that exist? Some will go to hell and some will go to heaven, that is the biblical truth and nothing you say can change that!

In the millenial kingdom hell and Satan the devil and all his evil servants will be bound for a thousand years while we lie with the lamb, lion and God.

The bible says absent from the body present with the Lord. So if you don't believe in the Lord and die, not talking about babies but those that have heard and understood but rejected it will go to be present with Satan.

Go read "A divine Revelation of Hell" from Mary K Baxter or youtube it to see how hell does exist. Also the digging in siberia many years ago where they dug into the pits of hell sounds an awful lot like the sounds Mary K Baxter mentions in her account of hell and heaven.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2009, 12:51 PM
 
6,221 posts, read 6,402,926 times
Reputation: 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightinsky View Post
You think hell doesn't exit? what about heaven do you think that exist? Some will go to hell and some will go to heaven, that is the biblical truth and nothing you say can change that!
Actually you may be surprised to know that "hell" is mistranslated in many bibles. Some modern bibles which are based on literal translation of the original greek/hebrew (not the latin) don't even have the word "hell" in them.

Quote:
In the millenial kingdom hell and Satan the devil and all his evil servants will be bound for a thousand years while we lie with the lamb, lion and God.

The bible says absent from the body present with the Lord. So if you don't believe in the Lord and die, not talking about babies but those that have heard and understood but rejected it will go to be present with Satan.
You phrased this in an interesting way. You mention those "that have heard and understood but rejected it". What about those "that have heard and NOT understood and rejected it"? Do they go to hell, only because they were deceived or stupid?

Quote:
Go read "A divine Revelation of Hell" from Mary K Baxter or youtube it to see how hell does exist. Also the digging in siberia many years ago where they dug into the pits of hell sounds an awful lot like the sounds Mary K Baxter mentions in her account of hell and heaven.
Mary K Baxter is either very deceived or a fraud. Her testimony is completely inconsistent with what scripture says. And the "hell" holes in siberia were exposed as a fraud years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2009, 01:05 PM
 
2,981 posts, read 4,303,496 times
Reputation: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by whos'who View Post
Are new born babies who are not saved and who have not excepted Jesus as their lord and savior, comdemned to hell?
No.
A baby is not able to choose, and Jesus chose them by dying for them. Jesus died for all born in Adam, as the "Kinsman/Redeemer" to "Adam/first man/human being creation", and we are all Adam kind =mankind, and a baby is not condemned, because Jesus atoned for Adam. He chose us.

Neither do they have the immortal bodies, because, being born in Adam, they are born in the body of death, which must also be born again to inherit the kingdom of God's dead Son; but they will receive their regenerated bodies at the same time as all those who are born again in Christ do.

But all who grow to accountability must then choose Him who is the Light that lights every human being born into this world, of Adam's seed.

That is what the Word teaches us about Salvation and the Atonement.

Babies who die do not get rewards for deeds done in Christ's name, either, but they are souls for whom Jesus died to redeem back, for the Glory to indwell them, in the regeneration. Its what Adam lost and what the second Adam came as second Man to redeem us back to Himself for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2009, 01:06 PM
 
218 posts, read 268,871 times
Reputation: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Actually you may be surprised to know that "hell" is mistranslated in many bibles. Some modern bibles which are based on literal translation of the original greek/hebrew (not the latin) don't even have the word "hell" in them.

You phrased this in an interesting way. You mention those "that have heard and understood but rejected it". What about those "that have heard and NOT understood and rejected it"? Do they go to hell, only because they were deceived or stupid?

Mary K Baxter is either very deceived or a fraud. Her testimony is completely inconsistent with what scripture says. And the "hell" holes in siberia were exposed as a fraud years ago.
Actually hell is mentioned 54 times in the KJV. Go research it for your self.
As for those who have never heard of the gospel or Jesus I'm sure God will judge accordingly since they didn't know about it. I doubt if someone has not heard about God, Jesus or the bible that God would send them to hell.

As for Mary K Baxter and the sounds of hell I don't think it is a lie or mere coincedence since hell is mentioned 54 times in the bible KJV.

Why are you trying so hard to deny the existince or mentioning of hell? Does it cramp your lifestyle or is the truth hard to swallow?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2009, 01:06 PM
 
Location: Texas
4,346 posts, read 5,565,258 times
Reputation: 843
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightinsky View Post
Go read "A divine Revelation of Hell" from Mary K Baxter or youtube it to see how hell does exist. Also the digging in siberia many years ago where they dug into the pits of hell sounds an awful lot like the sounds Mary K Baxter mentions in her account of hell and heaven.
AS someone else said, the Siberia thing was proven (and admitted) a fraud years ago. Plus Mary and Bill and others had wild unscriptural experiences and their stories have a lot of inconsistencies. Please help yourself by researching things you hear before believing them. I have learned the hard way about doing this as well.

Here are some links to info about hell as taught in the bible (minus man's traditions about the subject)

Spirit of the Word articles
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2009, 01:06 PM
 
159 posts, read 194,693 times
Reputation: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Actually you may be surprised to know that "hell" is mistranslated in many bibles. Some modern bibles which are based on literal translation of the original greek/hebrew (not the latin) don't even have the word "hell" in them.

You phrased this in an interesting way. You mention those "that have heard and understood but rejected it". What about those "that have heard and NOT understood and rejected it"? Do they go to hell, only because they were deceived or stupid?

Mary K Baxter is either very deceived or a fraud. Her testimony is completely inconsistent with what scripture says. And the "hell" holes in siberia were exposed as a fraud years ago.
Hell is used 23 times in the New Testament and when he says "everlasting punishment" He means it (Matt 25:46). Just because you would like to think all go to heaven does not make it true. People can tell you all day this translation does this and that. We could do that with any verse in the bible and make it say what we want. As stated before, hell is as real and eternal as heaven is. If hell is not eternal then heaven is not eternal. The bible says it is everlasting which means it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2009, 01:09 PM
 
218 posts, read 268,871 times
Reputation: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
AS someone else said, the Siberia thing was proven (and admitted) a fraud years ago. Plus Mary and Bill and others had wild unscriptural experiences and their stories have a lot of inconsistencies.

Here are some links to info about hell as taught in the bible (minus man's traditions about the subject)

Spirit of the Word articles

I think the sounds in siberia is real and testimonies exist out there that talk about heaven and hell. There are alot of inconsistencies on this site about what is biblical, scriptural and that doesn't change the truth that heaven and hell are real and nothing is going to change my mind about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2009, 01:11 PM
 
218 posts, read 268,871 times
Reputation: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonG View Post
Hell is used 23 times in the New Testament and when he says "everlasting punishment" He means it (Matt 25:46). Just because you would like to think all go to heaven does not make it true. People can tell you all day this translation does this and that. We could do that with any verse in the bible and make it say what we want. As stated before, hell is as real and eternal as heaven is. If hell is not eternal then heaven is not eternal. The bible says it is everlasting which means it is.
Great points you made. I mentioned above that in the KJV hell is mentioned 54 times but they won't listen to you and I they live in a different reality Dalton. Peace to you brother for your wisdom is evident.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2009, 01:19 PM
 
6,221 posts, read 6,402,926 times
Reputation: 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightinsky View Post
Actually hell is mentioned 54 times in the KJV. Go research it for your self.
As for those who have never heard of the gospel or Jesus I'm sure God will judge accordingly since they didn't know about it. I doubt if someone has not heard about God, Jesus or the bible that God would send them to hell.

As for Mary K Baxter and the sounds of hell I don't think it is a lie or mere coincedence since hell is mentioned 54 times in the bible KJV.
I have researched it myself. You should also go research it a bit more.

KJV references "hell" 54 times.
CEV references "hell" 22 times.
NASB references "hell" 15 times.
NIV references "hell" 14 times.
Young's Literal references "hell" ZERO times.
Concordant Literal references "hell" ZERO times.
Rotherham's Emphasized references "hell" ZERO times.

It seems "hell" is leaving the bible as more accurate translations are produced. This article gives a summary of many bible versions and how they translate "hell".

Quote:
Why are you trying so hard to deny the existince or mentioning of hell? Does it cramp your lifestyle or is the truth hard to swallow?
LOL. Let me ask you the same. Is "hell" cramping your lifestyle? You would really rather be out sinning all the time, but because there is a hell, you're not, right?


Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonG View Post
Hell is used 23 times in the New Testament and when he says "everlasting punishment" He means it (Matt 25:46). Just because you would like to think all go to heaven does not make it true. People can tell you all day this translation does this and that. We could do that with any verse in the bible and make it say what we want. As stated before, hell is as real and eternal as heaven is. If hell is not eternal then heaven is not eternal. The bible says it is everlasting which means it is.

Actually, you are wrong. People cannot make a verse say anything they want, because other people would check the translation with the original greek/hebrew to see if it is an honest and accurate translation. The word "hell" as translated in the KJV and other bibles is not an honest or accurate translation. This is a simple fact anyone can verify by looking at a concordance. People have tried to insert the word "hell" into the bible, but now anyone can check this is wrong using some simple tools (all which are free and available online).


Furthermore, the bible never says "hell" is everlasting. You will not find the phrase "eternal hell" or "everlasting hell" in any bible that I'm aware of. Do a search for "eternal hell" on biblegateway.com. This is what it returned for me: ZERO results.



If you are talking about the "lake of fire", then that is a different story. The lake of fire is NOT "hell".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top