U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2016, 09:01 PM

37,496 posts, read 25,232,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
The thing is, you can find evidence for just about any stance you want to take on any point of doctrine you want to discuss. But when you do that, you put yourself in the position of having to simply ignore the existence of all of the passages of scripture that refute your stance. Clearly, some people are willing to do just that. But when it comes to condemning babies to Hell, these guys just go too far. What kind of a God would punish a newborn baby who dies? And what kind of a person would worship such a God?
Amen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2016, 09:24 PM

32,538 posts, read 29,333,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
And what kind of a person would worship such a God?

Old 04-09-2016, 09:34 PM

26,200 posts, read 14,096,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddSteel View Post
No they're not.

As it says in 2 Samuel 23 "But now he is dead, wherefore should I fast? can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me."

King David's baby had just died. As King David said, "I shall go to him" which means that when King David dies and goes to Heaven he will be with his baby which is in Heaven.

God does not condemn children who have not yet reached the Age of Reason. The Age of Reason which in Biblical times was commonly taken to be the age of 13 although it varies from person to person is the age at which God holds a person accountable for accepting Jesus as their savior.
The only problem is that David never mentions heaven as a place to reside after leaving the earth... meaning that I am not sure he was even aware of heaven as we are today.

In those days, the dead were assumed to be gathered to their people (Gen 25:8, Gen 35:29, Gen 49:33, Num. 27:13, Deut. 32:50) .

I am not sure of their final fate. But they are subject to the same penalty of death as everyone else who sins... they die and their body returns to the ground. If they were truly innocent, death would not hold them - as was the case for Christ.

Old 04-09-2016, 11:38 PM

11,822 posts, read 9,811,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
The only problem is that David never mentions heaven as a place to reside after leaving the earth... meaning that I am not sure he was even aware of heaven as we are today.

In those days, the dead were assumed to be gathered to their people (Gen 25:8, Gen 35:29, Gen 49:33, Num. 27:13, Deut. 32:50) .

I am not sure of their final fate. But they are subject to the same penalty of death as everyone else who sins... they die and their body returns to the ground. If they were truly innocent, death would not hold them - as was the case for Christ.
All we know is what God revealed in the Bible.
It is evident that those who despise God truthfulness despises the Bible.

It is false to claim a certain age group of people are unaccountable
Romans 3:19
so that every mouth may be silenced and the whole world held accountable to God.
It is false to claim that a certain age group is without sin
Ecclesiastes 7:20
Indeed, there is no one on earth who is righteous, no one who does what is right and never sins.
It is false to claim that without the true faith, God is still pleased for any age group
Hebrews 11:6
And without faith it is impossible to please God,
It is a false to claim that infants can not have faith
2 Timothy 3:15
and how from infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures,
which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.

Old 04-09-2016, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
All we know is what God revealed in the Bible.
It is evident that those who despise God truthfulness despises the Bible.

It is false to claim a certain age group of people are unaccountable
Romans 3:19
so that every mouth may be silenced and the whole world held accountable to God.
It is false to claim that a certain age group is without sin
Ecclesiastes 7:20
Indeed, there is no one on earth who is righteous, no one who does what is right and never sins.
It is false to claim that without the true faith, God is still pleased for any age group
Hebrews 11:6
And without faith it is impossible to please God,
It is a false to claim that infants can not have faith
2 Timothy 3:15
and how from infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures,
which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.
You know - that last thought is interesting - I had not put this together... John the Baptist - another who was filled with the Holy Spirit from the womb.

Luke 1:13-15 - But the angel said to him, "Do not be afraid, Zacharias, for your petition has been heard, and your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you will give him the name John. 14 "You will have joy and gladness, and many will rejoice at his birth. 15 "For he will be great in the sight of the Lord; and he will drink no wine or liquor, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit while yet in his mother's womb.

Old 04-09-2016, 11:58 PM

11,822 posts, read 9,811,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
You know - that last thought is interesting - I had not put this together... John the Baptist - another who was filled with the Holy Spirit from the womb.

Luke 1:13-15 - But the angel said to him, "Do not be afraid, Zacharias, for your petition has been heard, and your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you will give him the name John. 14 "You will have joy and gladness, and many will rejoice at his birth. 15 "For he will be great in the sight of the Lord; and he will drink no wine or liquor, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit while yet in his mother's womb.
and these truths:
Psalm 22:10
From birth I was cast on you; from my motherís womb you have been my God.
Psalm 71:6
From birth I have relied on you; you brought me forth from my motherís womb. I will ever praise you.

Old 04-10-2016, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
and these truths:
Psalm 22:10
From birth I was cast on you; from my mother’s womb you have been my God.
Psalm 71:6
From birth I have relied on you; you brought me forth from my mother’s womb. I will ever praise you.
Can't rep you ... Good stuff, thanks.

Old 04-10-2016, 04:15 AM

2,531 posts, read 1,941,826 times
1COR 7:14 "For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean;but now are they holy." Clean of their inherited sin.

Old 04-10-2016, 04:44 AM

10,290 posts, read 8,040,760 times
Such a sensitive subject that I believe should be left to God rather then the struggling of the minds of men determining what God is going to do !
Let God be God, amen !
Thank goodness He is a God of mercy, and I do know He does not think as what a man does and am thankful for that !
Just look at this forum and it should make anyone grateful that He does not deal with the human heart the way man does to his fellow neighbor !

Anyways............... this scripture, WOW, how many times I have read that scripture and that last sentence jumped out this early morning and touched my heart !

God's divine appointment is a beautiful reality, amen !

Blessing's

Old 04-10-2016, 05:58 AM

2,531 posts, read 1,941,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Such a sensitive subject that I believe should be left to God rather then the struggling of the minds of men determining what God is going to do !
Let God be God, amen !
Thank goodness He is a God of mercy, and I do know He does not think as what a man does and am thankful for that !
Just look at this forum and it should make anyone grateful that He does not deal with the human heart the way man does to his fellow neighbor !

Anyways............... this scripture, WOW, how many times I have read that scripture and that last sentence jumped out this early morning and touched my heart !

God's divine appointment is a beautiful reality, amen !

Blessing's
Amen! Let God be God. It is written, "Shall the God of the whole earth do wrong." and "His judgments are past finding out."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or