U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2016, 01:42 PM

11,822 posts, read 9,808,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Every time you post, for some reason, I picture Gollum.

Every time you post, for some reason, you are an unabated troll
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2016, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
22:10 and 51:6 seem to contradict 58:3.

I thought the psalms were poetry and not meant to be taken literally.
But they don't.

Not all psalms are, but then you appear to not care what for anything that doesn't feed your narratives.

Old 04-14-2016, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

1) No, it does not come down to that. I simply have not seen anything in Gods word that contradicts by understanding

2) I am also not trying to convince anyone to share my view, so your comment is unnecessary.
1A:
It's not a lack of being in God's Word that prevents you from 'not seen anything'.
"Flesh gives birth to flesh" ~ Jesus

"The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to Godís law, nor can it do so." Romans 8:7

Psalm 58:3
Even from birth the wicked go astray; from the womb they are wayward, spreading lies.

Psalm 22:10
From birth I was cast on you; from my motherís womb you have been my God.

Psalm 51:6
Yet you desired faithfulness even in the womb; you taught me wisdom in that secret place.

2A:If you were not, then above would be see-able.

Old 04-14-2016, 02:34 PM

4,851 posts, read 1,461,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
So it comes down to is this: you prefer that Finn's words usurp God's Word.

"The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to Godís law, nor can it do so." Romans 8:7

Even from birth the wicked go astray; from the womb they are wayward, spreading lies.

Yet you desired faithfulness even in the womb; you taught me wisdom in that secret place.

So is it your opinion that babies and infants go to Hell ?

Old 04-14-2016, 02:44 PM

58,451 posts, read 31,853,456 times
Quote:
1A:
It's not a lack of being in God's Word that prevents you from 'not seen anything'.

"The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so." Romans 8:7

From birth I was cast on you; from my mother’s womb you have been my God.

2A:If you were not, then above would be see-able.
I see the verses, but they do not contradict what I said about babies, or aborted babies being incapable of rejecting God, or submitting to Him.

"The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God it does not submit to God’s law"

Please explain how a newborn baby can submit to God's law? The answer is obvious. They can't. Also, a baby's mind is not governed by anything other than instinct to eat, cry and few other things, but nothing that is hostile to God. Can you name one thing a new born baby has done that is hostile to God.

Jesus said we should be like little children. Why would He say that if children are hostile to Him?

“Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever takes the lowly position of this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven."

Old 04-14-2016, 02:45 PM

12,900 posts, read 4,920,152 times
Quote:
But they don't.

Not all psalms are, but then you appear to not care what for anything that doesn't feed your narratives.
The Bible is God's Word. Even the parts you don't agree with.

Old 04-14-2016, 02:55 PM

9,122 posts, read 11,663,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whos'who View Post
Are new born babies who are not saved and who have not excepted Jesus as their lord and savior, comdemned to hell?

No as a matter of fact the Bible says choose you this day whom you will serve . there is a thing called the age of accountability you have to reach that age and babies just have not reached that age as of yet.so you can rest assured that babies are not in hell but thank you for the question.

Old 04-14-2016, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
So is it your opinion that babies and infants go to Hell ?
my opinion is based on God's Word, unlike the IMO's being floated around.
God is both Just and Merciful.

He shows love and mercy while yet punishes to the third and fourth generation of them that hate him.
The realm in which this OP seeks an answer is not for us to know where the God of Love\Mercy begins and ends and Just begins and ends.

In short, such questions are best left to God's divine providence with the plead to his Mercy and Grace ... not a supposition of all one way or the other.

Old 04-14-2016, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
The Bible is God's Word. Even the parts you don't agree with.
That from you has no relevance other than a self indictment of your current status.

Old 04-14-2016, 06:12 PM

Quote:
I see the verses, but they do not contradict what I said about babies, or aborted babies being incapable of rejecting God, or submitting to Him.
Read them again

Decision theology is not grace that is the gift of God
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faithóand this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of Godó
Quote:
"The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God it does not submit to Godís law"
Please explain how a newborn baby can submit to God's law? The answer is obvious. They can't.
Correct the obvious answer is they can't. Thus God is correct about every single person (babies \ infants included)
ďThere is no one righteous, not even one;
there is no one who understands;

there is no one who seeks God.

All have turned away,
they have together become worthless;
there is no one who does good,not even one
Quote:
1) Also, a baby's mind is not governed by anything other than instinct to eat, cry and few other things, but nothing that is hostile to God. Can you name one thing a new born baby has done that is hostile to God.

2)Jesus said we should be like little children. Why would He say that if children are hostile to Him?

ďTruly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever takes the lowly position of this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven."
1) Right ... nobody has to teach a baby to cry and few other things as well as teach a baby to sin and to die which death is the earned wage of sin.

2A: Why? Because Jesus is not speaking to the natural original state of humanity that is at enmity with God when he spoke that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or