U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2016, 07:25 AM

6,813 posts, read 3,129,492 times

Advertisements

We have the example of Sodom and Gomorrah, where evil babies were killed along with the whole town.

Bad, evil babies. Inhospitable babies. Fornicating babies. Babies who lust. Babies who covet. Not one good baby in the bunch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2016, 08:00 AM

11,822 posts, read 9,810,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
So I ask once again, in your theology it is possible that babies and young children will go to Hell, yes or no ? You quote a lot of scripture but I don't recall ever seeing you give a straight answer to this topic .
post 448 is the answer which in this case has no definitive yes or no answer.

Old 04-15-2016, 08:03 AM

19,952 posts, read 12,963,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
We have the example of Sodom and Gomorrah, where evil babies were killed along with the whole town.

Bad, evil babies. Inhospitable babies. Fornicating babies. Babies who lust. Babies who covet. Not one good baby in the bunch.
Why are you assuming that the babies of a people that had practiced idolatry and human sacrifice (including babies) for hundreds of years were any less guilty?

Old 04-15-2016, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
According to THEIR beliefs they did...many question if evangelicals are living like christians are commanded to live as well..

It always has been perspective--you say you are right and I am wrong--I have the same basis foe saying you are wrong and I am right--
I've asked you and others this before...but why do you simply believe that anyone that claims a religion accurately represents that religion? Why not actually look to see what the religion is about, versus what they actually do?

I've made the point before...but if I claim Islam and then teach everything that goes against it...can I rightly be called a Muslim?

How about if I claimed to be a card-carrying member of PETA, despite the fact that I killed 9 deer this year, shot several squirrels, a rabbit, and killed and butchered a hog? Do you believe that PETA would embrace me? Would I be accurately representing what they stand for?

Old 04-15-2016, 08:05 AM

20,551 posts, read 22,709,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
post 448 is the answer which in this case has no definitive yes or no answer.
So does ANYONE? How can there not be a definitive response fro gittb?

Doesn't gittb say ALL are deserving of eternal punishment and that ALL are sinners?

Old 04-15-2016, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I've asked you and others this before...but why do you simply believe that anyone that claims a religion accurately represents that religion?

I've made the point before...but if I claim Islam and then teach everything that goes against it...can I rightly be called a Muslim?
Because they KNOW who they are--who are we to doubt their allegiance?

YES YOU CAN..not all MUSLIMS teach or practice IDENTICAL theology. I can call my self a baptist and still DANCE. Or a MORMON and drink coffee. or a Quaker and join the military.

I am LIFETIME NRA and frequently write letter to the idiots in charge sharing my disgust with their current stupidity.

UNLESS now you are saying that if a person claims to be a particular denomination then EVERYONE IS THE SAME in BELIEF, ACTION, AND APPEARANCE as I have maintained--ALL MEMBERS OF THE CULT ARE INDISTINGUISHABLE and are CLONES OF EACH OTHER...

Old 04-15-2016, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Why are you assuming that the babies of a people that had practiced idolatry and human sacrifice (including babies) for hundreds of years were any less guilty?
Are you saying the babies active practiced idolatry and orchestrated worship services?

IF SO, you sir are a TOOL of satan..

Old 04-15-2016, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Are you saying the babies active practiced idolatry and orchestrated worship services?

IF SO, you sir are a TOOL of satan..
Did I say that?

I'm merely asking you why you are presupposing their innocence? Can you answer that?

Old 04-15-2016, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Because they KNOW who they are--who are we to doubt their allegiance?

YES YOU CAN..not all MUSLIMS teach or practice IDENTICAL theology. I can call my self a baptist and still DANCE. Or a MORMON and drink coffee. or a Quaker and join the military.

I am LIFETIME NRA and frequently write letter to the idiots in charge sharing my disgust with their current stupidity.

UNLESS now you are saying that if a person claims to be a particular denomination then EVERYONE IS THE SAME in BELIEF, ACTION, AND APPEARANCE as I have maintained--ALL MEMBERS OF THE CULT ARE INDISTINGUISHABLE and are CLONES OF EACH OTHER...
So do you believe that a dancing Baptist or coffee-drinking Mormon accurately reflects what their churches teach?

How about if that dancing baptist (That'd be a great username, btw) decided to claim he was Jesus Christ himself.....would he still qualify as a Baptist?

Or how about if the Mormon decided to claim that Joseph Smith was a woman from Poughkeepsie and that he/she was a false prophet? Would he still qualify to be a Mormon?

Old 04-15-2016, 08:16 AM

15,542 posts, read 6,992,023 times
Because he's not infested with theology?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or