U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-11-2009, 10:33 PM
 
7,374 posts, read 7,239,455 times
Reputation: 893

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
again, you have a clear teaching in the Bible that says you can not do evil that good may come.

So you can not kill people before they are born to help them get to heaven....
Nor can you kill Jews because they need to repent after they die....

Nor can you rape little kids so that God can have a chance to forgive you later...

You can not do evil that good might come from it...
And what about the crusades and the inquisitions and the torture of people in the name of God to save their souls ... What, torturing someone because they don't believe in Jesus or just have a different opinion about what the bible says is not a sin?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-11-2009, 10:33 PM
 
3,067 posts, read 3,505,376 times
Reputation: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
It doesn't matter what the bible says people who dont believe in it. I am sure most if not all abortionists are not fundamental Christians. And the doctrine of ET must only give them more incentive to abort babies just in case fundamentalists are right. How many Christians do you know that are abortion doctors anyway?

However, i know plenty of Christians who believe that the ends justify the means, look at all the wars America, "the Christians nations", has waged causing countless innocents to die just to get oil or stabilize the region ...

Iraq didn't even attack us, but the right-wing Christians were all gung-ho about go over their a setting things straight after 911 ... You know how many innocent Iraqui's have died in that war, or how about our own soldiers ... Whatever ...
a moot point

The teaching of the bible is clear...

You can not do evil that good might come from it...

Thus abortion is murder and a sin...
and you can not hide behind the reason that killing a sleeping baby will send it to heaven,,,just like you can not hide behind the act of rape of a child because you want to give God a chance to show his love and forgiveness to you....

You cant do evil to make good happen...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2009, 10:35 PM
 
3,067 posts, read 3,505,376 times
Reputation: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
And what about the crusades and the inquisitions and the torture of people in the name of God to save their souls ... What, torturing someone because they don't believe in Jesus or just have a different opinion about what the bible says is not a sin?
same answer. it's a moot point

You can not do evil that good might come from it...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2009, 10:36 PM
 
7,374 posts, read 7,239,455 times
Reputation: 893
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
a moot point

The teaching of the bible is clear...

You can not do evil that good might come from it...

Thus abortion is murder and a sin...
and you can not hide behind the reason that killing a sleeping baby will send it to heaven,,,just like you can not hide behind the act of rape of a child because you want to give God a chance to show his love and forgiveness to you....

You cant do evil to make good happen...
Just cause' you say the bible says it cant doesn't mean people don't. By the way exactly what verse or verses are you referring to when you say "the bible says" ... Not that i doubt you or anything, it would just be nice if you let the bible speak for itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2009, 10:38 PM
 
3,067 posts, read 3,505,376 times
Reputation: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Just cause' you say the bible says it cant doesn't mean people don't. By the way exactly what verse or verses are you referring to when you say "the bible says" ... Not that i doubt you or anything, it would just be nice if you let the bible speak for itself.
Romans 3:8

What am I the only one here that went to Sunday school?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2009, 10:42 PM
 
7,374 posts, read 7,239,455 times
Reputation: 893
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
Romans 3:8

What am I the only one here that went to Sunday school?

Not at all, like i said i didn't doubt you, i just think it best to allow the bible to speak for itself and to show scripture when we claim the bible says something. My point is only that it is left up to interpretation as with any other verse or group of verses. I know for a fact in the dark ages "Christians" tortured people in order to get them to repent before they burned them alive, justifying it by claiming they were saving their souls. So how do you think they interpreted that verse?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2009, 10:45 PM
 
Location: South Carolina
3,586 posts, read 5,371,567 times
Reputation: 577
No, a baby would not be in hell, because a baby does not understand the full knowledge of heaven and hell. The Lord would not send a baby to hell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2009, 10:46 PM
 
3,067 posts, read 3,505,376 times
Reputation: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
So how do you think they interpreted that verse?
again, it's moot...
The text tells us what we need to believe, and the text is very clear.

You can not do evil that good might come...
No matter how logical it seems at the time, you are forbidden to kill a sleeping baby just because you think it will wake in heaven.

So this defense that many who have used to justify their past abortions (by claiming that they sent the child to heaven), is condemned....

that line of thinking is from the pit of hell...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2009, 10:51 PM
 
7,374 posts, read 7,239,455 times
Reputation: 893
The catholic church has only recently decided to abandon the idea that unbapized babies are suspended for ever in limbo ... The idea of babies in hell is not so far removed from Christian thought as many would like to think.

St Augustine of Hippo (354-430 AD) insisted that baptism was necessary for salvation and that even babies would be consigned to hell if they were not baptized. An idea that was held to be true for centuries ... And is still held to be true by more than will admit to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2009, 10:54 PM
 
Location: South Carolina
3,586 posts, read 5,371,567 times
Reputation: 577
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
The catholic church has only recently decided to abandon the idea that unbapized babies are suspended for ever in limbo ... The idea of babies in hell is not so far removed from Christian thought as many would like to think.

St Augustine of Hippo (354-430 AD) insisted that baptism was necessary for salvation and that even babies would be consigned to hell if they were not baptized. An idea that was held to be true for centuries ... And is still held to be true by more than will admit to it.
You are reading the words from Man and not from God. God will not send a baby to Hell. Why would God send a baby to hell without knowing why it is not there?

You put what man says, but what does God say?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top