U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-15-2016, 09:34 AM
 
Location: arizona ... most of the time
11,825 posts, read 9,818,165 times
Reputation: 1302

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Psalm 22:10 and 51:6 suggest that unborn babies are desiring faithfulness and have some kind of relationship with the Judeo-Christian God.

That seems to contradict your thesis.
nope. Truths that can what seems to appear contradict to human reason are actually separate independent (i.e. parallel) truths designed to remain parallel.

The reason why some understand like Cyber and myself
Psalm 119:125
I am your servant; give me discernment that I may understand your statutes.
while why not, (generally speaking, not in all cases ) is because
1 Corinthians 2:14 (NIV)

The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but
considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only
through the Spirit.

Last edited by twin.spin; 04-15-2016 at 09:44 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-15-2016, 09:45 AM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,518 posts, read 31,902,789 times
Reputation: 9412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
What twin is trying to show you finn and everyone on this thread is that everyone of us are born with the sin nature and that there is the reason we all, baby, child or adult are headed for hell .

We are dead in our trespasses and sins, born with the curse because of Adam and Eves disobedience and are promised to all who are born from that time forward to be born with the curse, the sin nature that opposes every thing according to God's will . No one is exempted from this curse !

Regardless of our feelings, emotions about the thought of a tiny baby and their supposed innocence !! They along with everyone else are born with the nature to be our own god, to do our own thing rather then doing what God wills !!
I said it myself that we are all born with it, and that very sin nature will cause everyone to sin. I said that right off the bat, so there is no disagreement about that.

However, that is not the question. The question is whether is not a baby, who has not yet done anything (right or wrong), and who does not comprehend the difference between right and wrong will go to hell if they die a day after being born, or even before being born. All the verses we have seen on this thread say the same thing, that people are wicked because of the sin nature, and because it causes our mind to be governed by that sin nature. The sin nature governing your mind is the FLESH, the Bible talks about. I keep asking, and not receiving any answers, whether or not a BABY's mind is governed by sin nature. It is clearly not the case, which can only mean the verses refer to people who are able to think, and to know what is right and what is wrong.

Quote:
And yes, Finn, everyone of the scripture that twin has given speaks of the testimony that babies are not exempted from this dilemma !! As you have not provided God's truth only your feelings on this subject which in judgement our feelings of what is fair or not will not count in the face of God Almighty. Yet it shows a act of defiance toward Him and His will for mankind !! Sorry, and I do mean that sincerely, but that is what I believe !!
You are free to believe anything you want. I have provided scripture to support by view, and I also took the time to go over the verses provided to Twin to show they do not support that he thinks they support.

Wages is sin is death.

Wages of what?

Ask yourself again what sins babies or aborted babies have committed.

And no, my view does not show an act of defiance toward God. Just because I disagree with you, does not mean you get to declare I defy God.

Like Twin says, the Bible does not clearly state if they go to heaven or hell. I cannot defy what it not there. Twin seems to believe babies are doomed, while I believe they are not. I have explained my reasons, and pointed to the scriptures which support my view. I stick to my view, and I am sure you and Twin will stick to yours. No need to go on repeating them.

Quote:
There is no comparison with using babies and an adult who knows to make the choice .
That is what I am saying.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 04-15-2016 at 10:41 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2016, 09:50 AM
 
Location: Divided Tribes of America
12,920 posts, read 4,933,396 times
Reputation: 4995
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
nope. Truths that can what seems to appear contradict to human reason are actually separate independent (i.e. parallel) truths designed to remain parallel.

The reason why some understand like Cyber and myself
Psalm 119:125
I am your servant; give me discernment that I may understand your statutes.
while why not, (generally speaking, not in all cases ) is because
1 Corinthians 2:14 (NIV)

The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but
considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only
through the Spirit.
Anyone could use that exact same rationalization to back up their interpretation of contradictory passages.

Someone could say that your interpretation is wrong because you have not been given special discernment or The Spirit.

So who is right? You or they?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2016, 10:07 AM
 
Location: arizona ... most of the time
11,825 posts, read 9,818,165 times
Reputation: 1302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I have not asked for a yes/no answer, but its good you are not offering one, because it tends to support what I have been saying.
I hope that you understand that its the denying of original sin and the transmittal of such condition that Jesus says occurs from parents to baby ("flesh gives birth to flesh") is the basis why we are at odds.

This goes back all the way to Genesis when God declares without exceptions:
"The Lord saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the earth,
and that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time." Genesis 6:5
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2016, 10:11 AM
 
Location: Divided Tribes of America
12,920 posts, read 4,933,396 times
Reputation: 4995
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
I hope that you understand that its the denying of original sin and the transmittal of such condition that Jesus says occurs from parents to baby ("flesh gives birth to flesh") is the basis why we are at odds.

This goes back all the way to Genesis when God declares without exceptions:
"The Lord saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the earth,
and that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time." Genesis 6:5
I hope you are not pro-life, then.

If every birth transmits an infection that leads to infinite torture, it would be prudent to embark on a mandatory human extinction program immediately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2016, 10:12 AM
 
20,301 posts, read 15,658,083 times
Reputation: 7415
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
nope. Truths that can what seems to appear contradict to human reason are actually separate independent (i.e. parallel) truths designed to remain parallel.

The reason why some understand like Cyber and myself
Psalm 119:125
I am your servant; give me discernment that I may understand your statutes.
while why not, (generally speaking, not in all cases ) is because
1 Corinthians 2:14 (NIV)

The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but
considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only
through the Spirit.
You just said that people who don't agree with you and Cyber are not servants of God and that they don't have the Spirit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2016, 10:17 AM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,518 posts, read 31,902,789 times
Reputation: 9412
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
I hope that you understand that its the denying of original sin and the transmittal of such condition that Jesus says occurs from parents to baby ("flesh gives birth to flesh") is the basis why we are at odds.
No, it does not deny it. I mentioned it myself in the beginning of this conversation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2016, 10:18 AM
 
Location: arizona ... most of the time
11,825 posts, read 9,818,165 times
Reputation: 1302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Anyone could use that exact same rationalization to back up their interpretation of contradictory passages.

Someone could say that your interpretation is wrong because you have not been given special discernment or The Spirit.

So who is right? You or they?
Pilate asked the same question too despite having it right in front of his eyes.

Jesus said:
"flesh gives birth to flesh"
which is the same carry-over truth as:
"All have turned away,
they have together become worthless;
there is no one who does good, not even one.”

therefore it's not about me being "right" rather, it's about those denying the truth of God's Word.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2016, 10:20 AM
 
Location: arizona ... most of the time
11,825 posts, read 9,818,165 times
Reputation: 1302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
You just said that people who don't agree with you and Cyber are not servants of God and that they don't have the Spirit.
There is a qualifier in the statement ---- (generally speaking, not in all cases)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2016, 10:21 AM
 
Location: Booth Texas
13,296 posts, read 4,249,941 times
Reputation: 1301
Everyone who has ever been born must make a decision of their own. Every single child that was born will live again.


There was 6000 years appointed for mankind until the head wound of Satan would be healed just before the end of God's timeline.


Then comes a Messianic era whether it be 1000 years or 10,000 years, and then Satan is loosed again because everyone who had not made a choice will then live and make their choice.{if there is such a thing}


Just my opinion but those aborted babies and little children will all live again, and I believe this is the reason that the spirit of Satan is locked away for a long time, but then he comes again, just for those babies.


I have a baby of my own, I seriously believe he will live again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top