U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-15-2016, 11:21 AM
 
Location: On a road heaven bound !
10,290 posts, read 8,042,759 times
Reputation: 17783

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
According to MysticPhD, the Spirit is saying something completely different.

May I suggest that The Spirit = A Person's Own Ego?
May I suggest to listen to God through Jesus Christ !
If you follow what Mystic says which is completely opposing the will of God and if you choose to follow what he says you will find yourself where you don't want to go !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-15-2016, 11:28 AM
 
Location: Divided Tribes of America
12,920 posts, read 4,931,025 times
Reputation: 4993
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
May I suggest to listen to God through Jesus Christ !
If you follow what Mystic says which is completely opposing the will of God and if you choose to follow what he says you will find yourself where you don't want to go !!
MysticPhD says just the opposite. He says that he represesents God, and that your views are in complete opposition to the will of God.

So who is right? You or MysticPhD?

Maybe neither?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2016, 11:34 AM
 
Location: On a road heaven bound !
10,290 posts, read 8,042,759 times
Reputation: 17783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
MysticPhD says just the opposite. He says that he represesents God, and that your views are in complete opposition to the will of God.

So who is right? You or MysticPhD?

Maybe neither?
Maybe ! That is why I said, to listen too God through Jesus Christ !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2016, 11:39 AM
 
Location: Salt Lake City
21,278 posts, read 20,883,681 times
Reputation: 9959
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
What every one seems to forget is those two words "sin nature" is the reason we need a Savior . Not whether we sin or not !! The reason we do sin is because of that nature we are born with and has caused us to be born spiritually dead to God whether you are a new born baby or 90-100 yrs old .
I disagree. I do believe we're born having the propensity to sin, but I also believe we're each born having the light of Christ within us. Without the Spirit to guide us, we would invariably succumb to the temptations we face on a daily basis; that is what being human is all about. But the light of Christ and the Spirit He has sent to strengthen us can help us overcome our innate tendencies.

Quote:
Only Christ was born without it and to why He never sinned !! So it really doesn't matter if twin or a new born baby are able to make choices its that nature that dominates our lives that we are ALL born with that needs cleansing from the curse and none of us can do it . That is why He sent His only begotten Son to take our place !! He is our way of escape to come out from under this situation !!
I believe that God sent His Only Begotten Son so that we might be forgiven for our sins, not Adam's. I believe Christ atoned for Adam's sin every bit as much as He atoned for anyone else's sin. For this reason, God holds us accountable for our own sins, not for anybody else's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2016, 11:46 AM
 
Location: On a road heaven bound !
10,290 posts, read 8,042,759 times
Reputation: 17783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I disagree. I do believe we're born having the propensity to sin, but I also believe we're each born having the light of Christ within us. Without the Spirit to guide us, we would invariably succumb to the temptations we face on a daily basis; that is what being human is all about. But the light of Christ and the Spirit He has sent to strengthen us can help us overcome our innate tendencies.

I believe that God sent His Only Begotten Son so that we might be forgiven for our sins, not Adam's. I believe Christ atoned for Adam's sin every bit as much as He atoned for anyone else's sin. For this reason, God holds us accountable for our own sins, not for anybody else's.
I know what you believe and I disagree completely and we'll just leave it to that !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2016, 11:56 AM
 
1,504 posts, read 575,743 times
Reputation: 1361
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
In old school Christian orthodox religion- children are angels up to the age of seven. Then they become worldly and capable of being sinister.
Okay _ I admit there are some 5 year olds who are demon seeds- ha ha - and there is the terrible two syndrome. But getting down to grace....the underserved mercy of God...."I do not love him because he is good. I love him because he is my little child"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2016, 12:01 PM
 
Location: Divided Tribes of America
12,920 posts, read 4,931,025 times
Reputation: 4993
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Maybe ! That is why I said, to listen too God through Jesus Christ !
Both you and MysticPhD claim to follow and represent Jesus Christ. MysticPhD claims to have experienced Christ directly.

So who should I believe?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2016, 12:13 PM
 
Location: On a road heaven bound !
10,290 posts, read 8,042,759 times
Reputation: 17783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Both you and MysticPhD claim to follow and represent Jesus Christ. MysticPhD claims to have experienced Christ directly.

So who should I believe?
Believe whatever you want !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2016, 01:39 PM
 
Location: Southern Oregon
15,551 posts, read 7,004,990 times
Reputation: 1604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Both you and MysticPhD claim to follow and represent Jesus Christ. MysticPhD claims to have experienced Christ directly.

So who should I believe?
We both know that you are not likely to believe either, but which perception makes the most sense to you and which personality is more likely to give you something worthwhile?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2016, 01:41 PM
 
2,735 posts, read 850,579 times
Reputation: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Yes, having a faith which trusts God that he knows what He is doing is difficult.

As I said earlier the greatest comfort to the Psalm 22:10 and Psalm 51:6 is that God is pro-active according to his ways alone.

He says:
"I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion."
He does not reveal where that dividing line is. To presuppose either way is not ours to do.
I love romans 9:18

Which version are you getting yours from TS? Cause yours doesn't quite match.

New International Version
Therefore God has mercy on whom he wants to have mercy, and he hardens whom he wants to harden.

New Living Translation
So you see, God chooses to show mercy to some, and he chooses to harden the hearts of others so they refuse to listen.

English Standard Version
So then he has mercy on whomever he wills, and he hardens whomever he wills.

Berean Study Bible
Therefore God has mercy on whom He wants to have mercy, and He hardens whom He wants to harden.

Berean Literal Bible
So then, He shows mercy to whom He wants, and He hardens whom He wants.

New American Standard Bible
So then He has mercy on whom He desires, and He hardens whom He desires.

King James Bible
Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
So then, He shows mercy to those He wants to, and He hardens those He wants to harden.

International Standard Version
Therefore, God has mercy on whomever he chooses, and he hardens the heart of whomever he chooses.

NET Bible
So then, God has mercy on whom he chooses to have mercy, and he hardens whom he chooses to harden.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
So then, he shows compassion on whomever he will, and whomever he will, he hardens.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
Therefore, if God wants to be kind to anyone, he will be. If he wants to make someone stubborn, he will.

New American Standard 1977
So then He has mercy on whom He desires, and He hardens whom He desires.

Jubilee Bible 2000
Therefore he has mercy on whom he will have mercy, and he hardens whom he will.

King James 2000 Bible
Therefore has he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardens.

American King James Version
Therefore has he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardens.

American Standard Version
So then he hath mercy on whom he will, and whom he will be hardeneth.

Douay-Rheims Bible
Therefore he hath mercy on whom he will; and whom he will, he hardeneth.

Darby Bible Translation
So then, to whom he will he shews mercy, and whom he will he hardens.

English Revised Version
So then he hath mercy on whom he will, and whom he will he hardeneth.

Webster's Bible Translation
Therefore he hath mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.

Weymouth New Testament
This is a proof that wherever He chooses He shows mercy, and wherever he chooses He hardens the heart.

World English Bible
So then, he has mercy on whom he desires, and he hardens whom he desires.

Young's Literal Translation
so, then, to whom He willeth, He doth kindness, and to whom He willeth, He doth harden.

Romans 9:18 Therefore God has mercy on whom he wants to have mercy, and he hardens whom he wants to harden.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top