U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-15-2016, 06:37 PM
 
Location: Salt Lake City
21,294 posts, read 20,952,684 times
Reputation: 9989

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Wow, that was pretty snarky reply ! Stop you from posting what ever gave you that kind of thought .. LOL.
See that is just why I won't go into it with you ! I know what the Mormon belief teaches . I live among them and have family that hold to this belief . So there is nothing your going to tell me that I already have been EDUCATED in especially with the teaching of Mormonism and do know how you feel about things . I have been around for sometime matter fact eight yrs in this forum and do read your post, so whatever !

And by the way I never have had that attitude toward you nor have I ever said, "I'm right and you're wrong" to you !

Yes, this forum is full of ppl who have their interpretations and all they ever accomplish is arguing about who is right and who is wrong . To me that is not dialoguing nor is it learning a darn thing . To much pride floats in this place and it seems no one wants to be humble and really want to learn and really listen about other's faith !
Matter fact every time I post all I ever get from ppl here is how evil are the things I believe and name calling, a whole lot of insulting, now is that learning ? So don't give that bull about "people's perspectives that it makes for interesting conversation and better educated Christians" cause that isn't what goes on in this forum and you know that !
I hope that getting that off your chest made you feel better.

Look, you said, "I know what you believe and I disagree completely." I'm not sure why exactly you don't want to elaborate as to why you disagree completely, but if you don't, that's fine with me. I have never once called anyone's beliefs "evil" nor have I ever called anyone a name. You don't need to agree with what my church teaches, but don't blame me for what someone else has done.

Last edited by Katzpur; 04-15-2016 at 07:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-15-2016, 06:40 PM
 
4,633 posts, read 2,284,313 times
Reputation: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
It also says we are GREAT from the start--
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. Somehow it doesn't sound like sin to me?
Yes, great (made very good) - Psalm 139:13-16 - in God's DNA book all our members are down in writing like a blueprint.
But, the inherited sin-like birth defect comes through inheritance from father Adam down to us.
David already recognized that even in womb are leanings are going to lean toward wrongdoings - Psalms 51:5-10
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2016, 07:05 PM
 
4,633 posts, read 2,284,313 times
Reputation: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Please keep in mind Romans 9:18 is in reference to Pharaoh.
It was the circumstances which brought about Pharaoh to harden his own heart.
Please notice Exodus 8:15,19,32 and 1st Samuel 6:6
So, since God allowed the circumstances, then the LORD is said to have hardened Pharaoh's heart.
Pharaoh chose to use the circumstances out of his own free will to reject the God of the Bible - Exodus 7:13-14

We are the clay for the Great Potter's hand. We choose which type of clay we want to be - Romans 9:21-23; Isaiah 64:8
We can stay plyable because as the Great Potter adds water ( Psalm 119:105 ) we keep plyable by Bible knowledge.

Today God allows the circumstances so people can choose if they want to be humble ' sheep ' or ' haughty ' goats.
We are nearing the soon coming ' time of separation ' on Earth - Matthew 25:31-33,37 - and we all can choose to be humble or haughty people by the way we treat Jesus' spiritual ' brothers - Matthew 25:40
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2016, 08:27 PM
 
Location: arizona ... most of the time
11,825 posts, read 9,835,683 times
Reputation: 1302
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
I love romans 9:18

Which version are you getting yours from TS? Cause yours doesn't quite match.
NIV Exodus 33:19

NIV
And the Lord said, I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim my name, the Lord, in your presence. I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.


Matches.

p.s. --- if you want the other translations and bold the rest - fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2016, 08:40 PM
 
2,531 posts, read 1,946,594 times
Reputation: 322
ROM 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
ROM 5:13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.
ROM 5:14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come."

As pertaining to babies and the very young, sin is not imputed to them because they are not conscious of the law. This plus God's Grace is the very reason that the children are made Holy because their inherited sin is not imputed to them nor are they held accountable though they be born with it. Not until later, whenever God deems fit, will they need to repent and no man knows when because each is an individual to God and only His judgments are spot on. Therefor as Jesus said, "Judge not."

St. Paul said in ROM 7:9 "For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died." At what age for each soul, who knows?
As St. Paul said, it was not until he understood the law that he also understood that he was a sinner not right with God.

Now this is the Good News that one should focus on!
So even though children are born with a propensity to sin, sin it is not imputed to them until they understand Gods commandments as St. Paul said and experianced.
But rather, they are cleansed as 1 Corinthians 7:14 says, "but now are they Holy".




.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2016, 09:05 PM
 
4,633 posts, read 2,284,313 times
Reputation: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
ROM 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
ROM 5:13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.
ROM 5:14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come."
As pertaining to babies and the very young, sin is not imputed to them because they are not conscious of the law. This plus God's Grace is the very reason that the children are made Holy because their inherited sin is not imputed to them nor are they held accountable though they be born with it. Not until later, whenever God deems fit, will they need to repent and no man knows when because each is an individual to God and only His judgments are spot on. Therefor as Jesus said, "Judge not."
St. Paul said in ROM 7:9 "For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died." At what age for each soul, who knows?
As St. Paul said, it was not until he understood the law that he also understood that he was a sinner not right with God.
Now this is the Good News that one should focus on!
So even though children are born with a propensity to sin, sin it is not imputed to them until they understand Gods commandments as St. Paul said and experianced.
But rather, they are cleansed as 1 Corinthians 7:14 says, "but now are they Holy".
.
If the parents are considered as holy then minor children are considered as holy - 1st Cor. 7:14
Jesus likened our day to Noah's Day - Matthew 24:37
Those minors died along with their violent parents - Genesis 6:11
So, with the soon coming ' time of separation ' on Earth - Matthew 25:31-33,37 - the minor children of the haughty ' goats ' will be destroyed along with the parents - Psalms 92:7

As far as the already dead minors, there will be a resurrection of the just and unjust - Acts 24:15
So, it's only minors of parents judged as wicked will Not be resurrected.
Since death frees or acquits a person from their sins - see Romans 6:7 - then the majority of mankind will have a resurrection.
Some to heaven - Rev. 20:6, but most will have a happy-and-healthy physical resurrection back to live on Earth with the opportunity to live forever ( everlasting life ) on a beautiful paradisical Earth as Eden originally was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2016, 09:16 PM
 
2,531 posts, read 1,946,594 times
Reputation: 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
If the parents are considered as holy then minor children are considered as holy - 1st Cor. 7:14
Jesus likened our day to Noah's Day - Matthew 24:37
Those minors died along with their violent parents - Genesis 6:11
So, with the soon coming ' time of separation ' on Earth - Matthew 25:31-33,37 - the minor children of the haughty ' goats ' will be destroyed along with the parents - Psalms 92:7

As far as the already dead minors, there will be a resurrection of the just and unjust - Acts 24:15
So, it's only minors of parents judged as wicked will Not be resurrected.
Since death frees or acquits a person from their sins - see Romans 6:7 - then the majority of mankind will have a resurrection.
Some to heaven - Rev. 20:6, but most will have a happy-and-healthy physical resurrection back to live on Earth with the opportunity to live forever ( everlasting life ) on a beautiful paradisical Earth as Eden originally was.

Your making conclusions with no evidence about those minors. Remember that in the days of Noah there was no law and therefor sin was not imputed as the Scripture says. Yea, God cleaned house for the earth's sake and the children had to die with the parents [as a practical and compassionate matter, who would be left to take care of them] but you do not know where the children went.

You know I post Good News and hope but without compromising the truth about sin and inherited sin but all I see in this thread is condemnation and no hope. I wish people would learn to sing a better tune.


No, Psalms 92:7 does not say anything about the children of the wicked. It says this:
PS 92:7 "When the wicked spring as the grass, and when all the workers of iniquity do flourish; it is that they shall be destroyed for ever:"

Last edited by garya123; 04-15-2016 at 09:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2016, 10:50 PM
Status: "Phlegmatic." (set 9 days ago)
 
Location: Ontario, Canada
23,487 posts, read 12,149,424 times
Reputation: 10693
Christian bible babble is all I see here.

No wisdom.

No truth.

No insight.

No knowledge.

Just -- Christian bible babble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2016, 11:47 PM
 
Location: Southern Oregon
15,579 posts, read 7,042,470 times
Reputation: 1608
"Bible Babble" We have a WINNER!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2016, 11:49 PM
 
1,504 posts, read 579,394 times
Reputation: 1361
Quote:
Originally Posted by troutdude View Post
christian bible babble is all i see here.

No wisdom.

No truth.

No insight.

No knowledge.

Just -- christian bible babble.
yah where is god in all this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top