U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-17-2016, 09:36 PM
 
37,496 posts, read 25,232,088 times
Reputation: 5854

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Hell is a creation of men, it does not exist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-17-2016, 10:41 PM
Status: "Amused by BF." (set 7 days ago)
 
Location: Ontario, Canada
23,274 posts, read 12,061,902 times
Reputation: 10634
I'm often confounded by the ridiculous things that occupy small minds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-17-2016, 10:56 PM
 
Location: The New England part of Ohio
17,572 posts, read 21,756,199 times
Reputation: 44352
Quote:
Originally Posted by whos'who View Post
Are new born babies who are not saved and who have not excepted Jesus as their lord and savior, comdemned to hell?
Seriously. now? That is one heartless God, if you believe that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-17-2016, 11:00 PM
 
37,496 posts, read 25,232,088 times
Reputation: 5854
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I'm often confounded by the ridiculous things that occupy small minds.
That would certainly include the OP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whos'who View Post
Are new born babies who are not saved and who have not excepted Jesus as their lord and savior, comdemned to hell?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Seriously. now? That is one heartless God, if you believe that.
t does strain credulity that so many people seem to accept such primitive and barbaric beliefs about God in the 21st century. It does not speak well of their humanity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-18-2016, 12:26 AM
 
Location: Southern Oregon
15,547 posts, read 6,999,363 times
Reputation: 1603
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
The mark of perverted church dogma is when deranged people take seriously "sinful nature recognized at an age that appears to vary yet within generally 6-8 years" that then they go off and murder their children before they get to that mystical age to insure the kids don't go to hell.

Talk about christian theologians wannabees.
The mark of perverted is church dogma that does not consider the "fruit of the spirit" the "wisdom that is from heaven" and the love of the Father, but the pride of theologians in parsing out the meaning of each letter of scripture as if there were life in THAT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-18-2016, 05:43 AM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,478 posts, read 31,872,436 times
Reputation: 9408
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
It is not I who needs to read them again. What you've shown is that decision theology despises the Holy Bible and is as Acts 20:30 declares such messages for what it is.
You accuse me of speaking perverse things?

I am not the one claiming babies do things everyone knows they incapable of doing.

There is an easy way for you to test whether or not your understanding is correct, but apparently you are not willing take the test.

You are correct only if new born babies can talk/lie. Unfortunately the facts are against you. Contrary to what you claim, babies cannot not talk, so their throats are not open graves spewing out lies from day one. This simple fact should tell you that you have misunderstood the issue, but you seem unwilling to accept it. It obvious your verses speak about people who have grown up and begun to lie.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 04-18-2016 at 05:59 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-18-2016, 05:58 AM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,478 posts, read 31,872,436 times
Reputation: 9408
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I'm often confounded by the ridiculous things that occupy small minds.
The smallness of your own mind is demonstrated by posts like the one above.

Well, at least you have mystic to cheer you on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-18-2016, 06:42 AM
 
Location: Divided Tribes of America
12,910 posts, read 4,926,084 times
Reputation: 4984
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Once again, it is because of "sin" that physical death also occurs.

Romans 5:12
Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people, because all sinned—
Thank goodness for sin, then! We'd have one heck of an overpopulation problem without it.

Thank you Adam and Eve for eating that apple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-18-2016, 08:55 AM
 
Location: arizona ... most of the time
11,822 posts, read 9,811,723 times
Reputation: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You accuse me of speaking perverse things?

I am not the one claiming babies do things everyone knows they incapable of doing.

There is an easy way for you to test whether or not your understanding is correct, but apparently you are not willing take the test.

You are correct only if new born babies can talk/lie. Unfortunately the facts are against you. Contrary to what you claim, babies cannot not talk, so their throats are not open graves spewing out lies from day one. This simple fact should tell you that you have misunderstood the issue, but you seem unwilling to accept it. It obvious your verses speak about people who have grown up and begun to lie.

Here is even a more simple fact and passing a "test" .... God said it therefore it is true.
It is you who is unwilling.

Unfortunately, attempting to claim that God is not getting his facts correct when he says
  • "that all have sinned" Romans 3:23
  • "no one is righteous" Romans 3:10
  • "in sin my mother conceived me" Psalm 51:5
  • "no one is without excuse" Romans 1:20
  • "wages of sin is death "Romans 6:23...(and babies die)
  • "wages" are something owed \ a debt \ something earned Romans 4:4
  • "each is to die for his own sin" ....Deuteronomy 24:16
  • "The soul who sins, is the one who die" .... Ezekiel 18:20
  • "flesh gives birth to flesh" .... John 3:6
  • "sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned" Romans 5:12
  • "Yet you desired faithfulness even in the womb; you taught me wisdom in that secret place." Psalm 51:6
is obvious of who will be the one that doesn't understand.

Last edited by twin.spin; 04-18-2016 at 09:04 AM.. Reason: clarification
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-18-2016, 09:15 AM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,478 posts, read 31,872,436 times
Reputation: 9408
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Here is even a more simple fact and passing a "test" .... God said it therefore it is true.
It is you who is unwilling.

Unfortunately, attempting to accusing God of not getting his facts correct when he says

is obvious of who will be the one that doesn't understand.
God did not say new born babies are able to speak. You are saying it, not God.

Your view demands new born babies speak lies, even the ones who were born dead. How could I possibly take that seriously? Don't tell me God said so, because HE DID NOT!

You are letting pride get in the way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top