U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2016, 09:21 AM

11,822 posts, read 9,810,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
God did not say new born babies are able to speak. You are saying it, not God.

Your view demands new born babies speak lies, even the ones who were born dead. How could I possibly take that seriously? Don't tell me God said so, because HE DID NOT!

You are letting pride get in the way.
Psalm 58:3 God said they do ... take your pick of translations
I did not say "even the ones who were born dead" ... btw.

KJ21
The wicked are estranged from the womb; they go astray as soon as they are born, speaking lies.

ASV
The wicked are estranged from the womb: They go astray as soon as they are born, speaking lies.

AMP
The wicked are estranged from the womb; These go astray from birth, speaking lies [even twisted partial truths].

AMPC
The ungodly are perverse and estranged from the womb; they go astray as soon as they are born, speaking lies.

BRG
The wicked are estranged from the womb: they go astray as soon as they be born, speaking lies.

CEB
The wicked backslide from the womb; liars go astray from birth.

CEV
You have done wrong and lied from the day you were born.

DARBY
The wicked go astray from the womb; they err as soon as they are born, speaking lies.

ERV
Those wicked people started doing wrong as soon as they were born. They have been liars from birth.

ESV
The wicked are estranged from the womb; they go astray from birth, speaking lies.

ESVUK
The wicked are estranged from the womb; they go astray from birth, speaking lies.

EXB
From ·birth [L the womb], evil people ·turn away [go astray] from God; they wander off and tell lies ·as soon as they are born [L from the belly; C another word for the womb; 51:5].

GNV
The wicked are strangers from the womb: even from the belly have they erred, and speak lies.

GW
Even inside the womb wicked people are strangers to God. From their birth liars go astray.

GNT
Evildoers go wrong all their lives; they tell lies from the day they are born.

HCSB
The wicked go astray from the womb; liars err from birth.

ICB
From birth evil men start doing bad things. They tell lies and do wrong as soon as they are born.

ISV
The wicked go astray from the womb; they go astray, telling lies even from birth.

JUB
The wicked are estranged from the womb; they go astray as soon as they are born, speaking lies.

KJV
The wicked are estranged from the womb: they go astray as soon as they be born, speaking lies.

AKJV

LEB
The wicked are estranged from the womb. They go astray from the belly, speaking lies.

TLB
These men are born sinners, lying from their earliest words!

MSG
The wicked crawl from the wrong side of the cradle; their first words out of the womb are lies. Poison, lethal rattlesnake poison, drips from their forked tongues— Deaf to threats, deaf to charm, decades of wax built up in their ears.

MEV
The wicked are estranged from the womb onward; those who speak lies go astray from birth.

NOG
Even inside the womb wicked people are strangers to God. From their birth liars go astray.

NASB
The wicked are estranged from the womb; These who speak lies go astray from birth.

NCV
From birth, evil people turn away from God; they wander off and tell lies as soon as they are born.

NET
The wicked turn aside from birth; liars go astray as soon as they are born.

NIRV
Even from birth those who are evil go down the wrong path. From the day they are born they go the wrong way and spread lies.

NIV
Even from birth the wicked go astray; from the womb they are wayward, spreading lies.

NIVUK
Even from birth the wicked go astray; from the womb they are wayward, spreading lies.

NKJV
The wicked are estranged from the womb; They go astray as soon as they are born, speaking lies.

NLV
The sinful go wrong as soon as they are born. Those who speak lies go the wrong way from birth.

NLT
These wicked people are born sinners; even from birth they have lied and gone their own way.

NRSV
The wicked go astray from the womb; they err from their birth, speaking lies.

NRSVA

NRSVACE

NRSVCE

OJB
The resha’im are perverted from the rekhem (womb); gone astray from birth are they, speaking kazav (lie, falsehood).

RSV
The wicked go astray from the womb, they err from their birth, speaking lies.

RSVCE
The wicked go astray from the womb, they err from their birth, speaking lies.

VOICE
Evildoers are naturally offensive, wayward at birth! They were born telling lies and willfully wandering from the truth.

WEB
The wicked go astray from the womb. They are wayward as soon as they are born, speaking lies.

WYC
Sinners were made aliens from the womb (Sinners, or evil-doers, go wrong from the womb); they erred from the womb, they spake false things.

YLT
The wicked have been estranged from the womb, They have erred from the belly, speaking lies.

Last edited by twin.spin; 04-18-2016 at 09:35 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2016, 09:33 AM

58,475 posts, read 31,862,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Psalm 58:3 God said they do ... take your pick of translations
I did not say "even the ones who were born dead" ... btw.

KJ21
OK, do you agree with it? Do you agree new born babies are capable of speaking? Yes, or no?

You know as well as I, and everyone else, what the truth is.

It is not meant to taken literally.

Old 04-18-2016, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
OK, do you agree with it? Do you agree new born babies are capable of speaking? Yes, or no?

You know as well as I, and everyone else, what the truth is.

It is not meant to taken literally.
Yes, I agree with God.
I take it just as literal as when God said this about John the Baptist in the womb:
"When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the baby leaped in her womb ...
" 'As soon as the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the baby in my womb leaped for joy. ' "
God knows what he is talking about. Those who opposed God claim otherwise.

Last edited by twin.spin; 04-18-2016 at 09:52 AM.. Reason: clarity

Old 04-18-2016, 09:54 AM

12,905 posts, read 4,922,777 times
God also said this:

"The mountains leaped like rams; the hills like lambs."

Is that to be taken literally?

Old 04-18-2016, 09:56 AM

21,265 posts, read 20,865,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
God also said this:

Well, of course! I mean if God said it, it happened! Who are we to doubt Him?

Old 04-18-2016, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
God also said this:

even fools should be able to read that God didn't say
'As soon as the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the baby in my womb leaped like for joy."
so, why don't you use the satanical gotcha empty head sound bytes in the vomit forums where they'd be useful in forums that are conveniently protected from proselytizing.

Old 04-18-2016, 10:15 AM

58,475 posts, read 31,862,344 times
Quote:
Yes
Ok, so for the record you believe new born babies can talk. I am not even going to ask you to prove it, because I know you can't, since it has never happened, and by God's own design, it never will.

Thank you.

There is nothing more to say.

Old 04-18-2016, 11:35 AM

12,905 posts, read 4,922,777 times
Quote:
even fools should be able to read that God didn't say
'As soon as the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the baby in my womb leaped like for joy."
so, why don't you use the satanical gotcha empty head sound bytes in the vomit forums where they'd be useful in forums that are conveniently protected from proselytizing.
The Bible is God's Word. He said that the hills jumped. Who are you to question God's Word? You are doubting God's Word just like Adam and Eve in the garden.

Old 04-18-2016, 11:50 AM

4,022 posts, read 1,706,613 times
2 Samuel 12:19-23

19 But when David saw that his servants were whispering together, David perceived that the child was dead; so David said to his servants, “Is the child dead?” And they said, “He is dead.” 20 So David arose from the ground, washed, anointed himself, and changed his clothes; and he came into the house of the LORD and worshiped. Then he came to his own house, and when he requested, they set food before him and he ate. 21 Then his servants said to him, “What is this thing that you have done? While the child was alive, you fasted and wept; but when the child died, you arose and ate food.” 22 He said, “While the child was still alive, I fasted and wept; for I said, 'Who knows, the LORD may be gracious to me, that the child may live.' 23 “But now he has died; why should I fast? Can I bring him back again? I will go to him, but he will not return to me.

Answers the question pretty clearly.

Old 04-18-2016, 11:53 AM

14,505 posts, read 11,481,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
What I see reading here is a number of people who seem to feel that God might send babies and children to Hell.

Amazing .
When babies born illigitimate were refused burial in a churchyard... yes the grand old churches and religion..arent they just wonderful.......http://archbishop-cranmer.blogspot.c...s-undying.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or