U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-18-2016, 02:50 PM
 
4,851 posts, read 1,473,829 times
Reputation: 1571

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
The Bible must be taken literally enough to support my doctrine, but not literally enough to support your doctrine.


This is sort of in line with Protestants bashing Catholics over non literal interpretations of parts of the Bible, except when the Catholics take Jesus's words to eat his flesh and drink his blood literally, and then suddenly a literal interpretation is just so wrong .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-18-2016, 02:52 PM
 
4,851 posts, read 1,473,829 times
Reputation: 1571
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
No. You got the atheist forum and religion forum to air out all your venom against God and His Word. Do you really need to do it here as well?


Why would discussions about interpreting the Bible take place in the atheist section?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-18-2016, 03:22 PM
 
Location: Divided Tribes of America
12,920 posts, read 4,956,956 times
Reputation: 5001
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
No. You got the atheist forum and religion forum to air out all your venom against God and His Word. Do you really need to do it here as well?
So you say it's not to be taken literally?

Why not? Why do you doubt the clear Word of God(tm)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-18-2016, 05:08 PM
 
Location: arizona ... most of the time
11,825 posts, read 9,833,848 times
Reputation: 1302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Ok, so for the record you believe new born babies can talk. I am not even going to ask you to prove it, because I know you can't, since it has never happened, and by God's own design, it never will.

Thank you.

There is nothing more to say.
Yes for the record God says they can, just as they can be taught wisdom, just they can leap for joy, just as they are products of sinful parents and:
"and how from infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures,
which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. "
2 Timothy 3:15
But as you said, you prefer your humanistic reasoning over against what God said and there is nothing more you can say to unveil more clearly your attitude towards the Holy Bible.

Last edited by twin.spin; 04-18-2016 at 05:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-18-2016, 05:17 PM
 
Location: arizona ... most of the time
11,825 posts, read 9,833,848 times
Reputation: 1302
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
So , to ask the question again that has been steadily dodged up to this point , do you believe that it is possible , in your theology, that God will send babies and infants to Hell ?

Or is this a question that will be continually ducked and dodged ?
It hasn't been dodged, you're just not willing to accept an answer that doesn't fit your hoped for narrative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-18-2016, 05:42 PM
 
4,633 posts, read 2,282,921 times
Reputation: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Yes for the record God says they can, just as they can be taught wisdom, just they can leap for joy, just as they are products of sinful parents and:
"and how from infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures,
which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. "
2 Timothy 3:15
But as you said, you prefer your humanistic reasoning over against what God said and there is nothing more you can say to unveil more clearly your attitude towards the Holy Bible.
Timothy's mother and grandmother were Christians - Acts 16:1-3
That is how Timothy knew the Scriptures which he heard from a infancy from believing family members.
Paul also considered Timothy a son in the faith - 1st Timothy 1:2
Timothy was covered by 1st Corinthians 7:14

Remember:
No infants survived the Flood of Noah's Day
No infants survived Sodom and Gomorrah
No infants whose parents are classed as haughty ' goats ' at the soon coming ' time or separation ' on Earth will survive the coming great tribulation of Revelation 7:14; Matthew 25:31-33,37; Matthew 24:37
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-18-2016, 06:02 PM
 
Location: arizona ... most of the time
11,825 posts, read 9,833,848 times
Reputation: 1302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Timothy's mother and grandmother were Christians - Acts 16:1-3
That is how Timothy knew the Scriptures which he heard from a infancy from believing family members.
Paul also considered Timothy a son in the faith - 1st Timothy 1:2
Timothy was covered by 1st Corinthians 7:14

Remember:
No infants survived the Flood of Noah's Day
No infants survived Sodom and Gomorrah
No infants whose parents are classed as haughty ' goats ' at the soon coming ' time or separation ' on Earth will survive the coming great tribulation of Revelation 7:14; Matthew 25:31-33,37; Matthew 24:37
Very good ... don't ya think that would be no different for believers like King David and his son that died or as God said of the baby (John the Baptist) in Elizabeth's womb
"faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." KJV

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-18-2016, 06:32 PM
 
4,633 posts, read 2,282,921 times
Reputation: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Very good ... don't ya think that would be no different for believers like King David and his son that died or as God said of the baby (John the Baptist) in Elizabeth's womb
"faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." KJV
Faith is Not inborn. Faith comes from hearing ( listening/ learning )
1st Corinthians 7:14 applies to David and Bath-sheba. They repented.
During Jesus' coming millennium-long resurrection day on earth David will see his son resurrected.
Resurrected to enjoy physically healthy life forever on a beautiful paradisical Earth as Eden originally was.

John the Baptist - Matthew 11:11 - who also died before Jesus died will also have a happy-and-healthy physical resurrection back to life on Earth during Jesus' 1,000-year governmental rulership over Earth when enemy death will be No more.
- 1st Corinthians 15:26; Isaiah 25:8; Revelation 22:2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-18-2016, 07:19 PM
 
4,851 posts, read 1,473,829 times
Reputation: 1571
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
It hasn't been dodged, you're just not willing to accept an answer that doesn't fit your hoped for narrative.


Sure it's been dodged , as you have so far refused to answer , and everyone on the forum can see that you have not . I have no hoped for narrative , I just would like to see if you have the courage to give a straight answer to what you seem to imply .

There are only 3 possible answers. Yes they will, no they won't, or maybe they will. In my last couple of attempts to get an honest answer out of you I have focused on the maybe part so as to not be putting words in your mouth by suggesting you are saying God will send them to Hell. There isn't any other answer that doesn't fall into one of the three , and trying to avoid answering by claiming what you said previously just doesn't fit my narrative , when you didn't give any of the actual answers, is nothing but a cop out .

You don't appear to have the willingness to state your beliefs openly, and hide behind quoting scripture to shield yourself from having to do so. Sounds like a person somewhat ashamed of his beliefs to me .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-18-2016, 07:27 PM
 
Location: arizona ... most of the time
11,825 posts, read 9,833,848 times
Reputation: 1302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Faith is Not inborn. Faith comes from hearing ( listening/ learning )
1st Corinthians 7:14 applies to David and Bath-sheba. They repented.
During Jesus' coming millennium-long resurrection day on earth David will see his son resurrected.
Resurrected to enjoy physically healthy life forever on a beautiful paradisical Earth as Eden originally was.

John the Baptist - Matthew 11:11 - who also died before Jesus died will also have a happy-and-healthy physical resurrection back to life on Earth during Jesus' 1,000-year governmental rulership over Earth when enemy death will be No more.
- 1st Corinthians 15:26; Isaiah 25:8; Revelation 22:2
I have no interest in millennial fortune telling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top