U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2016, 07:25 AM

10,290 posts, read 8,061,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Then answer:

Do you believe new born babies can talk? Yes, or no?

Have you ever seen/heard a new born baby talk? Yes, or no?

Did your own kids talk on day 1? Yes, or no?

You are not trusting God on this one, you are trusting yourself.

Shame on you, Finn ! You are embarrassing your self in this behavior that you have been portraying in this thread . Twin has given you an answer and your doing in reality the very thing you have actually done to others . And now aren't you trying to project your own behavior, actions, onto someone else . You do this all the time with nateswift, pcamps, mystic, to name a few !!

Maybe the problem is that your facing your own sin . God says be sure that your sin finds you out. How many times have you dodged answering others(and I'm not saying Twin is dodging answering you) when they have question you in a subject and you would not answer them ?

You are falsely accusing Twin of something when he has shown you the answer through scripture that it doesn't matter by God's Holy word that ppl whether new born - 100 yrs old die without Christ are eternally separated (damnation) from God . Why ? because we are all conceived and born in/with sin, the sin nature and from birth on till whatever age, we through the Holy word of God which witnesses this truth if a person dies without Christ are destine to go to eternal damnation . New born or 100 yrs old. Whether they can talk or not .

God can do whatever HE chooses, God gives life and God takes life. HE IS THE CREATOR of ALL things ! The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh !!

Shame on you, you are defying the word of God we are all called the wicked at heart and it all begins when we are conceived until we are maybe given the opportunity by God's grace too repent of our sin. And also for trying to blame Twin for the very actions of what you do and still you keep hounding him with your ignorant questions !!!
Get the log out of your own eye and then you can get the twig out of your brethren' eyes !!!!!!

Last edited by Cyber Munchkin; 04-19-2016 at 07:37 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2016, 07:50 AM

58,651 posts, read 32,119,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Shame on you, Finn ! You are embarrassing your self in this behavior that you have been portraying in this thread . Twin has given you an answer and your doing in reality the very thing you have actually done to others . And now aren't you trying to project your own behavior, actions, onto someone else .
Your attempt to make it about me is not going to work, as it is only another form of deflection. I am asking a simple question, which Twin and you are dodging.

Do you have the answer?

Quote:
You are falsely accusing Twin of something when he has shown you the answer through scripture that it doesn't matter by God's Holy word that ppl whether new born - 100 yrs old die without Christ are eternally separated (damnation) from God . Why ?
Nope. It is not false, and it is not an accusation. He is refusing to answer the question I am asking. He can quote verses all day long, but none of they has answered the question I am asking.

He won't answer, because he KNOWS he is not making any sense.

Quote:
Shame on you, you are defying the word of God we are all called the wicked at heart and it all begins when we are conceived until we are maybe given the opportunity by God's grace too repent of our sin.
How about we leave the judgment and shaming to God? Would that make sense?

Quote:
And also for trying to blame Twin for the very actions of what you do and still you keep hounding him with your ignorant questions !!!
I will keep asking him, and you, until you answer. Trying to make it about me is a deflection.

The questions are very simple.

Your view, and Twins view mandates all babies talk, and yet no one has ever seen a talking baby. Why is that?

I'll tell you why, it is because you are reading something literally, which is not meant to be taken literally. You are simply too proud to admit it.

Old 04-19-2016, 07:52 AM

12,920 posts, read 4,980,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I don't know of any Christian who takes every single word literally.
Well then..."Houston, we have a problem."

How do we determine, objectively, which parts of the Bible are to be taken literally and which parts are NOT to be taken literally? Or is it up to the individual interpreter?

Last edited by Freak80; 04-19-2016 at 08:22 AM..

Old 04-19-2016, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
In other words you can't figure it out that in multiple posts like #485, #472 which references #448 has your answer to your "eithers".

Ok, for the last time to you
A) If they will exist in an afterlife , then they will exist somewhere .
A: Congratulations. They will exist somewhere.

B) And either your theology teaches that they:
1)will go to Heaven,
2)they will go to Hell,
3)their fate is uncertain and unknown ... so there is a possibility they will go to Hell
A: The closest answer to your scenario (keeping in the sphere of the OP) is modified

Short answer: their fate is certain and known only to God, but not to us.

Long answer: Here is what we know:
1) We know from God’s revelation in the Bible that all people are sinners and in need of forgiveness from the moment of their conception (Psalm 51:5)

2) We know from God’s revelation in the Bible that faith in Jesus Christ saves and unbelief condemns (Mark 16:16).

3) We know from God’s revelation in the Bible that God works saving faith in people through
the gospel.

4) We know from God’s revelation to us in the Bible is that people need to have the gospel of
Jesus Christ to be brought to saving faith in the Lord.

5) Going beyond what God has revealed in the Bible is speculation on our part.

Therefore suffice it to say that the OP question is an incentive for the Christian Church to do what Jesus commanded and left as:
“Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation” (Mark 16:15)

"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit," (Matthew 28:19)
Sounds like it's possible for babies to go to hell then, according to this post (and many other posts of yours).

Twin, you use a lot of conservative Lutheran shibboleths, so I will assume you are a conservative Lutheran. When I was a Lutheran, we made sure to baptize babies "just to be on the safe side" so it was at least implied that babies could go to hell.

Last edited by Freak80; 04-19-2016 at 08:23 AM..

Old 04-19-2016, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Your attempt to make it about me is not going to work, as it is only another form of deflection. I am asking a simple question, which Twin and you are dodging.

Do you have the answer?

Nope. It is not false, and it is not an accusation. He is refusing to answer the question I am asking. He can quote verses all day long, but none of they has answered the question I am asking.

He won't answer, because he KNOWS he is not making any sense.

How about we leave the judgment and shaming to God? Would that make sense?

I will keep asking him, and you, until you answer. Trying to make it about me is a deflection.

The questions are very simple.

Your view, and Twins view mandates all babies talk, and yet no one has ever seen a talking baby. Why is that?

I'll tell you why, it is because you are reading something literally, which is not meant to be taken literally. You are simply too proud to admit it.
You are a liar, Finn, in accusing me of saying babies talk. I have never said a baby can talk . Common sense says otherwise !! Don't play your games with me as you do everyone else . I won't put up with your behavior !

God says we will know them by their fruits and the fruit I am seeing is rotten to the core !!

Pleaaaasssssse. we are not making this about you, you are kidding, right ?
It's about God, and His truth !
You sure have a high opinion of yourself . Believing ppl are always trying too deflect and make it about you, LOL ? Don't flatter yourself so much, finn !!!

Your making all this about "babies talking" such a stupid questions when common sense says other wise. And then try to build an argument on such stupidity !! Now if anyone is deflecting that would be the case .....

Old 04-19-2016, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Sounds like it's possible for babies to go to hell then, according to this post (and many other posts of yours).

You use a lot of conservative Lutheran shibboleths, so I will assume you are a conservative Lutheran. When I was a Lutheran, we made sure to baptize babies "just to be on the safe side" so it was at least implied that babies could go to hell.
Does baptism make babies stop spewing all those lies?

Old 04-19-2016, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Does baptism make babies stop spewing all those lies?
I don't know. Ask twin.

Old 04-19-2016, 08:45 AM

4,851 posts, read 1,482,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
In other words you can't figure it out that in multiple posts like #485, #472 which references #448 has your answer to your "eithers".

Ok, for the last time to you
A) If they will exist in an afterlife , then they will exist somewhere .
A: Congratulations. They will exist somewhere.

B) And either your theology teaches that they:
1)will go to Heaven,
2)they will go to Hell,
3)their fate is uncertain and unknown ... so there is a possibility they will go to Hell
A: The closest answer to your scenario (keeping in the sphere of the OP) is modified

Short answer: their fate is certain and known only to God, but not to us.

Long answer: Here is what we know:
1) We know from God’s revelation in the Bible that all people are sinners and in need of forgiveness from the moment of their conception (Psalm 51:5)

2) We know from God’s revelation in the Bible that faith in Jesus Christ saves and unbelief condemns (Mark 16:16).

3) We know from God’s revelation in the Bible that God works saving faith in people through
the gospel.

4) We know from God’s revelation to us in the Bible is that people need to have the gospel of
Jesus Christ to be brought to saving faith in the Lord.

5) Going beyond what God has revealed in the Bible is speculation on our part.

Therefore suffice it to say that the OP question is an incentive for the Christian Church to do what Jesus commanded and left as:
“Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation” (Mark 16:15)

"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit," (Matthew 28:19)

If you bother reading my question properly, I posed the question as " according to your belief and/or theology", so while it is true that God knows, my question was what do YOU think based on YOUR theological beliefs . Yes, no, or maybe.

But it seems we have finally settled on maybe . So in your worldview God just might decide that babies, infants, and young children need to be tormented eternally in Hell for some reason.

And I had figured it out a long time ago. I was just wanting to see if you possessed the courage to state it openly rather than hide behind " the Bible says".

Old 04-19-2016, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
You are a liar, Finn, in accusing me of saying babies talk. I have never said a baby can talk . Common sense says otherwise !! Don't play your games with me as you do everyone else . I won't put up with your behavior !
Since you are firmly defending Twins view about lying babies, I assumed you actually agreed with him.

Turns out you do not agree with him. To be honest I am surprised you are so adamant in defending a view which you admit is defeated by common sense.

Quote:
God says we will know them by their fruits and the fruit I am seeing is rotten to the core !!
Lets leave the judgment to God, shall we. The fruit of judgment is rotten to the core.

Quote:
Pleaaaasssssse. we are not making this about you, you are kidding, right ?
Not kidding. You are making it about me. You keep telling be I should be ashamed, embarrassed, I am stupid, rotten to the core etc. I understand you do not like disagreement, but its a little over the top to be honest with you.

Quote:
It's about God, and His truth !
Sure. But, and I have managed to show why some verses cannot be taken literally, and yet they are being taken literally, and the literal understanding us being used as a foundation of certain views.

Quote:
Your making all this about "babies talking" such a stupid questions when common sense says other wise. And then try to build an argument on such stupidity !! Now if anyone is deflecting that would be the case .....
You are being increasingly rude and judgmental. The foundation of Twins view is built opon verses which say babies lie, and commit other sins from birth. Those are the verses he repeatedly offers to prove new born babies are sinful. But babies don't lie. Lying requires the ability to talk, and like you say, babies don't talk. This highlights the error in his view, which is why I keep pointing it out, and why he keeps avoiding it.

I have explained my POV, which says everyone is born with the sin nature, which will eventually cause everyone to lie/sin. Until we actually lie, we are not guilty of lying. Wages is sin is death, but is a baby dies after birth, he/she is not guilty of lies.

The verses he quote do not say what Twin thinks they say, they say the sin nature will cause everyone to sin.

You can attack me, insult me, accuse me, threaten me with "you defy God" comments, and call me stupid all day long, but I stick by my view, and I am very comfortable with it. David said he will be reunited with his baby, and I don't think he is the only one.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 04-19-2016 at 09:10 AM..

Old 04-19-2016, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Since you are firmly defending Twins view about lying babies, I assumed you actually agreed with him.

Turns out you do not agree with him. To be honest I am surprised you are so adamant in defending a view which you admit it defeated by common sense.

Lets leave the judgment to God, shall we. The fruit of judgment is rotten to the core.

Not kidding. You are making it about me. You keep telling be I should be ashamed, embarrassed, I am stupid, liar etc. I understand you do not like disagreement, but its a little over the top to be honest with you.

Sure. But, and I have managed to show why some verses cannot be taken literally, and yet they are being taken literally, and the literal understanding us being used as a foundation of certain views.

You are being increasingly rude and judgmental. The foundation of Twins view is built on verses which say babies lie, and commit other sins from birth. Lying requires the ability to talk, does it not? Like you say, common sense mandates it does. This highlights the error in his view, which is why I keep pointing it out.

I have explained my POV, which says everyone is born with the sin nature, which will eventually cause everyone to lie/sin. Until we actually lie, we are not guilty of lying. Wages is sin is death, but is a baby dies after birth, he/she is not guilty of lies.

The verses he quote do not say what Twin thinks they say, they say the sin nature will cause everyone to sin.
I didn't read your post ^^^^ I have no desire to read nor listen to someone who only comes here to find fault and argue with others and lie about others on a regular bases. I now can see why certain individuals hate to see you post !!!

SO MOVE ON, FINN !!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or