U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2016, 10:22 AM

11,825 posts, read 9,825,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Then answer:

Do you believe new born babies can talk? Yes, or no?

Have you ever seen/heard a new born baby talk? Yes, or no?

Did your own kids talk on day 1? Yes, or no?

You are not trusting God on this one, you are trusting yourself.
There are two options to believe
  1. Believe God what he says about human sinful inherited nature and being capable of which you're rebelling against him
    • Psalm 58:3
    • John 3:6
    • Psalm 51:6
    • Romans 3:9-19
    • Isaiah 6:46
    • Proverbs 10:16
    • Psalm 22:10
  2. Believe you and the other antagonists \ atheists \ agnostics who dispute it
God said in the Holy Bible:
“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord.
Your questions are irrelevant or worse from the view point realm of God's Truth found in the Holy Bible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2016, 10:34 AM

58,535 posts, read 31,936,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
There are two options to believe
[list=1][*]Believe God what he says about human sinful inherited nature and being capable of which you're rebelling against him
  • Psalm 58:3
  • John 3:6
  • Psalm 51:6
  • Romans 3:9-19
  • Isaiah 6:46
  • Proverbs 10:16
  • Psalm 22:10
I believe what the word of God says about our sin nature. We are all born with it, and it will cause everyone to sin. That is not the issue at hand however.

Once again, you present the verses which can only apply to adults for the reasons I have explained to you.

Are new born babies capable of this: “Their mouth is full of cursing and bitterness”.

Obviously not.

I agree with the verses, I just don't agree they condemn babies to hell.

IMO you are not understanding them correctly.

Quote:
[*]Believe you and the other antagonists \ atheists \ agnostics who dispute it
Such comment from you is always only a matter of time when people disagree with your personal views.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 04-19-2016 at 11:55 AM..

Old 04-19-2016, 12:08 PM

58,535 posts, read 31,936,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
I now can see why certain individuals hate to see you post !!!!!
Certain individuals also hated what Jesus had to say

Old 04-19-2016, 12:25 PM

12,920 posts, read 4,943,706 times
What I don't understand is this: why is the Creator and Sustainer of the Universe incapable of writing a clear revelation to mankind? Why is there so much disagreement over a book written by an omniscient and omnipotent being?

Apparently, God needs to brush up on his written communication skills. Maybe God should take a technical writing course at his local community college.

A clear revelation would look fairly simple. For example:

Section 6.1: Fate of Infants after Death

- so long as the child has Christian parents, the child shall be considered a Christian, and shall gain entry into Heaven.

- if one parent is Christian, and the other is not, the Child can be admitted to Heaven after a one month probationary period.

- etc.

Old 04-19-2016, 12:26 PM

20,598 posts, read 22,770,552 times
Quote:
Certain individuals also hated what Jesus had to say
And me too!

Old 04-19-2016, 05:14 PM

Quote:
I believe what the word of God says about our sin nature. We are all born with it, and it will cause everyone to sin. That is not the issue at hand however.

Once again, you present the verses which can only apply to adults for the reasons I have explained to you.
Right , these only applies to adults.
Obviously not.

Psalm 51:5
Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me.

Psalm 51:6
Yet you desired faithfulness even in the womb; you taught me wisdom in that secret place.

John 3:6 Flesh gives birth to flesh

Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death,

Romans 5:12
Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin,
and in this way death came to all people, because all sinned—

Quote:
Are new born babies capable of this: “Their mouth is full of cursing and bitterness”.

Obviously not.
Why don't you provide book\chapter\verse\translation first.
It doesn't come up in the KJV \ NIV \ ESV \ NASB \ AMP \ YLT and on .. and on ... and on

Quote:
I agree with the verses, I just don't agree they condemn babies to hell.

IMO you are not understanding them correctly.
Please, who are you kidding?
You are essentially inserting your IMO where God does not give such indication from either perspective or you exempting a certain group of people when and where it conflicts the supposition you're insisting on.
Quote:
*Believe you and the other antagonists \ atheists \ agnostics who dispute it
Such comment from you is always only a matter of time when people disagree with your personal views.
Well, what do you expect when you mimic ... that when one argues like a spade, that it doesn't sound like a spade?

Old 04-19-2016, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Sounds like it's possible for babies to go to hell then, according to this post (and many other posts of yours).

Twin, you use a lot of conservative Lutheran shibboleths, so I will assume you are a conservative Lutheran. When I was a Lutheran, we made sure to baptize babies "just to be on the safe side" so it was at least implied that babies could go to hell.
This is yet but another indication that you never were or carried the title like a deer in headlights of wanton confoundedness or was listening to a very ... very ... very .... v e r y .... poorly worded pastor.

But then I doubt any correct wording can overcome wanton confoundedness.

Old 04-19-2016, 05:36 PM

4,338 posts, read 4,373,849 times
Wow

668 posts

People really believe in hell?

Amazing!

Old 04-19-2016, 05:51 PM

13,339 posts, read 4,270,076 times
Does anybody really believe that an infant would go to hell?

There aren't people who really think that is there? Besides the understanding of what hell really is, I wouldn't think that anyone would claim to really believe this.

Old 04-19-2016, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
If you bother reading my question properly, I posed the question as " according to your belief and/or theology", so while it is true that God knows, my question was what do YOU think based on YOUR theological beliefs . Yes, no, or maybe.

But it seems we have finally settled on maybe . So in your worldview God just might decide that babies, infants, and young children need to be tormented eternally in Hell for some reason.

And I had figured it out a long time ago. I was just wanting to see if you possessed the courage to state it openly rather than hide behind " the Bible says".
"The Bible says" and then "the Bible remains silent" on certain topics.
When the answer requires a "we don't know" that is not "hiding" or "ducking", it's guarding against suppositions and appeasing arrogant demands for specific answers where none is given.

Pout on if you like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or