Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2016, 05:03 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,434,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision67 View Post
Wow

668 posts

People really believe in hell?

Amazing!
No more amazing that people believe in heaven that is mouthed by Jesus but then not about hell mouthed by the same Jesus.

Somebody is double-minded (and it isn't Jesus).

Last edited by twin.spin; 04-19-2016 at 06:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2016, 06:10 PM

76,981 posts, read 47,311,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Please, who are you kidding?
I am not kidding. I do not think you have understood the issue correctly. I have already explained why, and you refused to admit the obvious, so I won't bother repeating it. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 04-19-2016 at 06:20 PM..

Old 04-19-2016, 06:21 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,267,461 times
Quote:
"The Bible says" and then "the Bible remains silent" on certain topics.
When the answer requires a "we don't know" that is not "hiding" or "ducking", it's guarding against suppositions and appeasing arrogant demands for specific answers where none is given.

Pout on if you like.

Your lame attempts at insults are meaningless and irrelevant , but continue on if that's all you have in the bag.

You were asked yes, no or maybe . Until this last post you steadfastly refused to give anything about what YOUR theology is. It's all there for the forum to see , some others have commented on your avoidance, and your posts will not change that any.

You seem to feel that babies might go to Hell. The only words I can think of to describe a mentality that can make themselves accept such a notion because they think " the Bible says so so I have to accept it " is

mindless sheeple.

You admitted your beliefs. I have nothing else I desire from you .

Old 04-19-2016, 09:05 PM

18,438 posts, read 9,065,805 times
Quote:
This is yet but another indication that you never were or carried the title like a deer in headlights of wanton confoundedness or was listening to a very ... very ... very .... v e r y .... poorly worded pastor.

But then I doubt any correct wording can overcome wanton confoundedness.
You forget, I know this stuff.

I went to St. Luke's Lutheran School in Cabot, PA. Lutheran Church Missouri Synod. My cousin came down with a serious illness that almost killed her. The pastor baptized her in the hospital "just in case" she died.
I was confirmed at Immanuel Lutheran (LCMS) church in Olivette, MO near St. Louis. My father is still an LCMS pastor.

If you think I'm confused about basic Lutheran theology, take it up with them. I don't claim to have an advanced degree in theology, but I know the basics all too well.

Old 04-19-2016, 09:15 PM

31,374 posts, read 20,045,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Does anybody really believe that an infant would go to hell?

There aren't people who really think that is there? Besides the understanding of what hell really is, I wouldn't think that anyone would claim to really believe this.
When one lacks empathy and is possessed of a dark spirit, like twin has demonstrated time and time again, it is possible for some to think that way.

Take heart, that it is only a very, very few, even of the evangelical fundamentalist mindset, who possess such a dark spirit.

Thankfully, twin walks a near-solitary path towards his sad end.

Old 04-19-2016, 09:19 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,267,461 times
This seems to be an obsession with twin. If you look down below the last post, under Similar Threads, you will find another one on this exact same issue started by twin with identical musings from 3-4 yrs ago.

You will also see Moderator cut: deleted cheering him on from the bleachers in that thread also , as here .

What a weird subject to spend your time obsessing on .

Last edited by june 7th; 04-20-2016 at 02:33 AM.. Reason: Per request

Old 04-19-2016, 09:27 PM

31,374 posts, read 20,045,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
This seems to be an obsession with twin. If you look down below the last post, under Similar Threads, you will find another one on this exact same issue started by twin with identical musings from 3-4 yrs ago.

You will also see Moderator cut: orphaned cheering him on from the bleachers in that thread also , as here .

What a weird subject to spend your time obsessing on .
Neither poster has exhibited rational thinking, or empathy, in my experience.

But their continued postings are helpful for deterring those who DO possess at least a semblance of rationality and/or empathy, from following the fundamentalist path to uselessness and extinction.

Last edited by june 7th; 04-20-2016 at 02:35 AM..

Old 04-19-2016, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
You forget, I know this stuff.

I went to St. Luke's Lutheran School in Cabot, PA. Lutheran Church Missouri Synod. My cousin came down with a serious illness that almost killed her. The pastor baptized her in the hospital "just in case" she died.
I was confirmed at Immanuel Lutheran (LCMS) church in Olivette, MO near St. Louis. My father is still an LCMS pastor.

If you think I'm confused about basic Lutheran theology, take it up with them. I don't claim to have an advanced degree in theology, but I know the basics all too well.
Why? Finally your situation is nobody's responsibility but yours, even if a very ... very ... very .... v e r y poorly worded pastor said something.

For you forget, I know this stuff too.

Old 04-19-2016, 10:55 PM

18,438 posts, read 9,065,805 times
Quote:
Why? Finally your situation is nobody's responsibility but yours, even if a very ... very ... very .... v e r y poorly worded pastor said something.

For you forget, I know this stuff too.
You'd better get your message out to a wider audience, then. Call up Concordia Publishing House and see if they will publish books with your views.

Old 04-19-2016, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
You'd better get your message out to a wider audience, then. Call up Concordia Publishing House and see if they will publish books with your views.
Which shows yet once more what you're so confident about only proves that you're confused about basic Lutheran theology.

LCMS and Concordia doesn't need anything more to attract a wider audience than what is already published

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity