U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2016, 03:50 PM

1,240 posts, read 1,022,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
I don't think so.

Something that bothers me about the thread title. Babies who die going to 'hell'. That would be the death and damnation, fire and brimstone, eternal torment hell that many people seem to think happens.

Here's a revelation for you all. There is no such thing! Never was and never will be. Here's more, there is no such thing as 'judgement day' either. Whatever is going to happen when you die, happens when you die. Furthermore, nothing you do or say or believe or don't do or don't say or don't believe is going to make any difference to the final outcome. The truth has now been revealed to you! Go and live your lives.
No difference, no how, no way?

Well......that certainly is a way to look at it.

As for the final outcome? Well, the hope is strengthened by faith, via the information, given to us by the Creator Himself.

Then again........well.....a choice.

Blessings, AJ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2016, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
An interesting irony but I understand the sentiment. I can NOT relate to ANYONE who actually believes there IS an eternal torment Hell for anyone. It is such a primitive and barbaric concept I cannot comprehend how any 21st-century mind could ever believe it.
"eternal hell" as a primitive concept prior to the resurrection of Jesus, I agree.

Had it not been for Jesus, eternal separation from God would still be in effect.

As far as the word "barbaric" used, I'd say-more of a sad state of being.

Heavens gates and prisons gate were all shut leaving departed spirits in a state of limbo. A prison, if you will.

Jesus visited them and broke down the gates of prison and opened the gates of heaven, hence? No more prison.

Hell is a word which has no alternative.

In the case of a prison, there always a way out.

Blessings, AJ

Old 05-13-2016, 08:54 PM

21,260 posts, read 20,865,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by look3467 View Post
"eternal hell" as a primitive concept prior to the resurrection of Jesus, I agree.

Had it not been for Jesus, eternal separation from God would still be in effect.

As far as the word "barbaric" used, I'd say-more of a sad state of being.

Heavens gates and prisons gate were all shut leaving departed spirits in a state of limbo. A prison, if you will.

Jesus visited them and broke down the gates of prison and opened the gates of heaven, hence? No more prison.

Hell is a word which has no alternative.

In the case of a prison, there always a way out.

Blessings, AJ
I've got to agree with you to some extent and disagree with you to another extent. I believe that the prison that Jesus visited still exists. Nowhere in the Bible are we told that it has ceased to exist, and there is still a reason for it. Yes, Jesus visited the prison while His body lay in the tomb, but it was to preach His gospel to those who had not had the opportunity to accept it during their mortality. Many people today die in exactly that same state. They need to be given the chance to hear the gospel before being judged as unwilling to accept it. I believe that the prison is still there, but that, as you said, there is always a way out.

Old 05-13-2016, 10:57 PM

580 posts, read 300,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whos'who View Post
Are new born babies who are not saved and who have not excepted Jesus as their lord and savior, comdemned to hell?
of course not......

Old 05-13-2016, 11:47 PM

17,689 posts, read 8,866,529 times
The infernal hell of men, does not exist.

Old 05-14-2016, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I've got to agree with you to some extent and disagree with you to another extent. I believe that the prison that Jesus visited still exists. Nowhere in the Bible are we told that it has ceased to exist, and there is still a reason for it. Yes, Jesus visited the prison while His body lay in the tomb, but it was to preach His gospel to those who had not had the opportunity to accept it during their mortality. Many people today die in exactly that same state. They need to be given the chance to hear the gospel before being judged as unwilling to accept it. I believe that the prison is still there, but that, as you said, there is always a way out.
Let's look at some scriptures

ISA 14:15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit. Who was broughtdown to hell? (Prison)

There the prisoners are awaken to their senses by this visitor to wonder:

ISA 14:16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms. "The man"?

ISA 14:17 That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners?

" The man" that could be said the one who held them prisoners because He alone had the keys?

"The man" that was to fulfill the following prophecy: Isa 61:1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;

...to them that are bound...? Were they not all bound?

Hos 6:1 Come, and let us return unto the LORD: for he hath torn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up.

Hos 6:2 After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.

Hos 6:3 Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the LORD: his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter and former rain unto the earth.

"If" Jesus had not being able to convince all prisoners, then His mission would have failed.

That is why I conclude that there is no prison to hold any departed spirits today for the gates of both heaven and hell were opened and still is.

Blessings, AJ

Old 05-14-2016, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by christianity View Post
of course not......
I agree!

Blessings, AJ

Old 05-14-2016, 01:02 AM

37,477 posts, read 25,224,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post

Old 05-14-2016, 01:20 AM

Quote:

Could we say....a burning hell in the hearts of evil men does exist?

You know hell is not just a place but a sensation, a vexation of spirit?

Blessings, AJ

Old 05-14-2016, 01:33 AM

10,007 posts, read 4,144,712 times
Quote:
It did for every person subjected to Nazi concentration camps.

It did for every person abused and tortured during every war on this planet.

It did and still does for every human and animal slave.

It does for every human, child and animal who is being tortured and abused and who cannot protect themselves nor have anyone to save them.

Yep your god does a lousy job of helping those in a time of dire need.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or