U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2016, 04:41 AM

580 posts, read 300,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Yep your god does a lousy job of helping those in a time of dire need.
Question is... have you experienced that yourself?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2016, 07:54 AM

17,745 posts, read 8,883,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The infernal hell of men, does not exist.

Quote:
It did for every person subjected to Nazi concentration camps.

It did for every person abused and tortured during every war on this planet.

It did and still does for every human and animal slave.

It does for every human, child and animal who is being tortured and abused and who cannot protect themselves nor have anyone to save them.

Yep your god does a lousy job of helping those in a time of dire need.
The INFERNAL HELL of RELIGION does not exists.
As for what man does, that's another story.

Or, is it?

Old 05-14-2016, 09:57 AM

21,280 posts, read 20,889,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by look3467 View Post
If" Jesus had not being able to convince all prisoners, then His mission would have failed.
Okay, I see what you're saying. Since you probably believe that everyone goes immediately to either Heaven or Hell after they die, your conclusion makes sense.

My belief is that no one goes immediately to either Heaven or Hell after they die, but to an intermediate realm where they await the resurrection. For those who accepted Christ during their mortal lives, this will be paradise but for those who didn't (particularly for those who never heard his gospel while alive), it will be prison. Those in paradise are spreading the gospel to those in prison, allowing them to accept the gospel and be released from prison and spend the rest of their time (before their resurrection) in paradise. By the time of the last judgment, all will have heard the gospel and will be judged accordingly.

Old 05-14-2016, 12:41 PM

10,077 posts, read 4,161,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The INFERNAL HELL of RELIGION does not exists.
Explain exactly what you mean in this sentence?

If you are saying what I think you are saying then I disagree on the grounds that religion has been the cause of unbelievable hell. Let's take the OT as an example.

The things described in that book are hell on earth. The god in that book is a hellish god demanding hellish acts upon it's people and commanding it's people to engage in hellish acts against others.

That's just one example. You can find the same kind of hellish things in the Quran.

Any cult or religion that oppresses, brainwashes, teaches and forces exclusiveness, expects you to stop asking questions and shuts down your mental faculties is a hellish religion. Yes it does exist.

Old 05-14-2016, 12:50 PM

15,029 posts, read 7,543,851 times
Quote:
Explain exactly what you mean in this sentence?

He's saying that the doctrine of eternal hell is a fabrication; it's not true and it's not real -- except in the minds of those who believe it. There it can become very real, and sometimes it causes some people to live hellish lives or do hellish things.

Old 05-14-2016, 12:56 PM

1,240 posts, read 1,022,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Okay, I see what you're saying. Since you probably believe that everyone goes immediately to either Heaven or Hell after they die, your conclusion makes sense.

My belief is that no one goes immediately to either Heaven or Hell after they die, but to an intermediate realm where they await the resurrection. For those who accepted Christ during their mortal lives, this will be paradise but for those who didn't (particularly for those who never heard his gospel while alive), it will be prison. Those in paradise are spreading the gospel to those in prison, allowing them to accept the gospel and be released from prison and spend the rest of their time (before their resurrection) in paradise. By the time of the last judgment, all will have heard the gospel and will be judged accordingly.
I believe all go to heaven. HELL/PRISON no longer exists as a holding place because Jesus holds the keys to both death and hell.

I believe all, and I mean all souls will bow at the feet of Jesus when they depart this world. When that happens, the un-believers will instantly be conversed.

Blessings, AJ

Old 05-14-2016, 01:24 PM

10,077 posts, read 4,161,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
He's saying that the doctrine of eternal hell is a fabrication; it's not true and it's not real -- except in the minds of those who believe it.
Thanks and I concur!
Quote:
There it can become very real, and sometimes it causes some people to live hellish lives or do hellish things.
I don't see how believing that there is a hell as described by the christian bible causes some people to live hellish lives or do hellish things. That makes no sense to me.

Old 05-14-2016, 01:43 PM

15,029 posts, read 7,543,851 times
Quote:
I don't see how believing that there is a hell as described by the christian bible causes some people to live hellish lives or do hellish things. That makes no sense to me.
What? You posted this:

Quote:
The things described in that book are hell on earth. The god in that book is a hellish god demanding hellish acts upon it's people and commanding it's people to engage in hellish acts against others.

That's just one example. You can find the same kind of hellish things in the Quran.

Any cult or religion that oppresses, brainwashes, teaches and forces exclusiveness, expects you to stop asking questions and shuts down your mental faculties is a hellish religion. Yes it does exist.

Old 05-14-2016, 01:43 PM

When you threaten your children with hell, it's nothing less-than, child-abuse.

Old 05-14-2016, 01:54 PM

Quote:
He's saying that the doctrine of eternal hell is a fabrication; it's not true and it's not real -- except in the minds of those who believe it. There it can become very real, and sometimes it causes some people to live hellish lives or do hellish things.
When, a relationship is based on fear, it takes years to undo the damage.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or