U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2009, 10:54 PM

7,374 posts, read 7,200,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
Nope, you just have a writing issue.
Well you're good for a laugh if nothing else ... And i have a great sense of humor so ...

I wish you would just be forthright and answer the questions. I suppose that is asking for too much ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2009, 10:57 PM

3,586 posts, read 5,344,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Well you're good for a laugh if nothing else ... And i have a great sense of humor so ...

I wish you would just be forthright and answer the questions. I suppose that is asking for too much ...
LOL, you give me much to laugh at when I read your post. If you read your bible then you should know what the people did before the time that Christ walked the earth. If you don't then you need to read your bible again.

Your conversation is starting to bore me. I'm done. I'm glad you do have a sense of humor, you need it.

Old 10-11-2009, 11:08 PM

7,374 posts, read 7,200,750 times
Quote:
LOL, you give me much to laugh at when I read your post. If you read your bible then you should know what the people did before the time that Christ walked the earth. If you don't then you need to read your bible again.

Your conversation is starting to bore me. I'm done. I'm glad you do have a sense of humor, you need it.
Indeed ... When dealing with fundamentalists and irrational threats of everlasting torture is certainly helps ...

Thanks for the chat.

Old 10-11-2009, 11:11 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,772,736 times
Quote:
Nope, you just have a writing issue. I just don't take you serious when I read some of your stuff. Especially when you wright before the time of Christ. You didn't wright BC, even if you did, Christ was before that. If you read your bible, then you should know what they do before Christ came and walked the earth.
I am done with this dead end conversation.
Who has the wrighting..er, I mean writing issue?

Old 10-11-2009, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
Who has the wrighting..er, I mean writing issue?
LOL, I even laugh at myself, I hope you don't teach anyone the things that you know, if you can't find them in scripture.

Old 10-11-2009, 11:28 PM

8,435 posts, read 8,389,248 times
Quote:
What part of Christ is God do you not understand? What part of Christ was in the beginning don't you understand? Christ was the one that came up with the temporary animal sacrifice, until He came and walked on the earth.

There were people in heaven with Christ before He came and walked the earth. The wicked will not be judge until He comes back.

Lost cause talking to me about Christ being God... as I don't believe Christ is God and also lost cause talking to me about the second coming of Christ as I believe it is already past.. but hey... I still don't get how you think ANYONE was in heaven since it is Christ that opened the way to heaven in the 1st century but ... still moot point with me since I don't believe in the doctrines of the trinity, nor futurists, nor ET..

But I am curious as to where you get that there were people in heaven before Christ was human.
Perhaps that is better left in DM or another thread.

Old 10-11-2009, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Lost cause talking to me about Christ being God... as I don't believe Christ is God and also lost cause talking to me about the second coming of Christ as I believe it is already past.. but hey... I still don't get how you think ANYONE was in heaven since it is Christ that opened the way to heaven in the 1st century but ... still moot point with me since I don't believe in the doctrines of the trinity, nor futurists, nor ET..

But I am curious as to where you get that there were people in heaven before Christ was human.
Perhaps that is better left in DM or another thread.
Oh, my do you read your bible? Just curious.

The Bible states that "Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven" (2 Kings 2:11).

Also Enoch was taken and never say death because He pleased the Lord. (Genesis 5:24)

It doesn't matter is you are a lost cause, Jesus will continue to be God.

Old 10-11-2009, 11:40 PM

Quote:
LOL, I even laugh at myself, I hope you don't teach anyone the things that you know, if you can't find them in scripture.
Ummm... no one pointed out that it was YOUR post that was translated as "cannot find the scripture but I believe it anyway...."

Again... IT WAS YOUR POST that said there was no scripture to back up your claim that babies are saved from hell just for being babies...

Can I show you?

Quote:
And what scripture tells you that babies are exempt for the "original sin" of Adam? Are babies born sinful or not?

I can admit if I am wrong about ET... I would love to agree but the doctrine of ET says that if you don't believe you go to hell... unfortunately babies don't believe so they must go to hell for their unbelief just like everyone else.

Just show me the verses that say there is an exception and that will be fine with me..
Reply to the above post:
Quote:
What scriptures say that they are not? NO, the Gospel of Christ is clear read it. I don't have to prove you wrong, because you are wrong. I don't spend time jabbering with the blind. If you don't believe it, then that is you.
Response to above post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
Quote:
NO, the Gospel of Christ is clear read it. I don't have to prove you wrong, because you are wrong.

translation: I have no scripture to back up what I teach. But I know that`s what they say in church,so I believe it.
Quote:
I don't spend time jabbering with the blind.
Translation: I never talk to myself
So it was your post that translated to "you have no scripture to back up that babies don't go to hell for the sin of Adam but you believe all that you have taught in church...

Yikes... you don't seem to read the posts in their entirety before you quote and comment. It may behoove you to do so in the future.. or not.. totally up to you.

Old 10-11-2009, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Ummm... no one pointed out that it was YOUR post that was translated as "cannot find the scripture but I believe it anyway...."

Again... IT WAS YOUR POST that said there was no scripture to back up your claim that babies are saved from hell just for being babies...

Can I show you?

Reply to the above post:

Response to above post:

So it was your post that translated to "you have no scripture to back up that babies don't go to hell for the sin of Adam but you believe all that you have taught in church...

Yikes... you don't seem to read the posts in their entirety before you quote and comment. It may behoove you to do so in the future.. or not.. totally up to you.
I already answered the question about babies. They do not go to hell, you don't have scripture to say other wise. It would behoove you to understand my post. I never said that I didn't have scripture, I said what scripture says that they are not (going to heaven), because you don't have scripture that says otherwise. LOL

Old 10-11-2009, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Oh, my do you read your bible? Just curious.

The Bible states that "Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven" (2 Kings 2:11).
Elijah went into the air... the word translated as Heaven.. is not the heaven you envision but the air... the whirlwind separated him from Elisha and he was GONE.. there is nothing to say he went to be with God in heaven because the thought in that day was that NOONE resided with God in heaven. The dead were in the grave. Just because noone saw his body doesn't mean that he was taken ALIVE to HEAVEN as you picture it...

Anyway.. (I told you it was a waste of your time because I don't believe in these things... but you decided it was worth it I guess)
Quote:
Also Enoch was taken and never say death because He pleased the Lord. (Genesis 5:24)

It doesn't matter is you are a lost cause, Jesus will continue to be God.
A better verse for supporting Enoch was taken without dying is Hebrews 11:5 but ....

That those two are not dead but still living somewhere.. boggles my mind.. Especially since God says all must be resurrected in purity in order to enter into his presence.. I wonder if Enoch and Elijah were slaughtered on their way into the heavens? That way they could be sinless..

Oh well.. I can live with not knowing..

Back to the OP... where is the verse again that says children of a certain age are exempt for eternal torture?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or