Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2009, 10:37 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,499,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
NO, the Gospel of Christ is clear read it. I don't have to prove you wrong, because you are wrong.
translation: I have no scripture to back up what I teach. But I know that`s what they say in church,so I believe it.

Quote:
I don't spend time jabbering with the blind.
Translation: I never talk to myself
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2009, 10:40 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,499,363 times
Quote:
I don't duck and hide like most, I answered the question. LOL

the Bible records that David said: “While the child was alive, I fasted and wept; for I said, ‘Who can tell whether the Lord will be gracious to me, that the child may live?’ But now he is dead; why should I fast? Can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me.” It is clear that David’s dead infant son would never return to this Earth, but David also said that one day, he would go to be with his son.
So you now believe God can,will and is able to save ALL?

Old 10-11-2009, 10:40 PM

112 posts, read 212,651 times
Default My six year old son

I believe in what is known as the age of accountability. When a child is old enough or mature enough to understand who Jesus is and why He was sent to earth then he has reached the age of accountability. My six year old son does not understand these things. If he were to die I would hope that God would have mercy on him but my personal emotions are involved here. God gives life and we all must die at some point. Who are we to question the creator of all things, including us and our children.

Old 10-11-2009, 10:41 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,759,564 times
Quote:
Some churches say, that is what is wrong with the world today, they are listening to he say she say.

It is not man made doctrine as you believe.

I take you don't read the bible enough.

the Bible records that David said: “While the child was alive, I fasted and wept; for I said, ‘Who can tell whether the Lord will be gracious to me, that the child may live?’ But now he is dead; why should I fast? Can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me.” It is clear that David’s dead infant son would never return to this Earth, but David also said that one day, he would go to be with his son.
King David and his baby were both Hebrews covered by the old Covenant. What about heathen babies? What about Canaanite babies?

So then i guess that original sin is not true then. Babies are truly innocent until the age of accountability. At least then you can still believe in ET and not have the doctrinal contradiction.

But we are still left with people who never heard of Christ, and the mentally handicapped and the mentally insane ... etc.

Old 10-11-2009, 10:41 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,526,082 times
Quote:
Some churches say, that is what is wrong with the world today, they are listening to he say she say.

It is not man made doctrine as you believe.

I take you don't read the bible enough.

Ok.. I will take that verse at face value... however.. Christ had not come to save mankind from their sins so David was talking about Hades or the holding place of the dead... the grave.. David would go to the grave as his child was in the grave..

This by no means says that the only way to get out of burning forever is to be an infant.

If infants are excluded from hell then how is it that any other unbelievers go to hell? Just because you cannot believe that God would send a newborn baby to hell does not mean that God won't send innocents to hell..

ET says that ALL who don't believe and repent are going to hell...

ALL means ALL... no exceptions.. God is not gonna rewrite the law of ET just so babies that you think are cute can go to heaven rather than hell.

Either that or you can just succumb to the UR stance that babies are not doomed to hell but are subjected to the consequences of their sin... but then they can't have sinned so in UR... babies cannot be punished..

ET or UR... you decide. but don't tell me there are exceptions fro ET because after all I have heard from ETers.. that is complete smoke up my.. well you get the drift..

Old 10-11-2009, 10:42 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,303,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
translation: I have no scripture to back up what I teach. But I know that`s what they say in church,so I believe it.

OH, Wow, you will follow a church even if that mean sending you to Hell. A church could be wrong, but God's word is His truth.

Geeeze, what is the world coming to, when they say they can't find scripture to back up what you teach but follow your church. If that is the case you are teaching herecy.

I know of churches that are following after satan and his demons. I heard of a man that is calling himself Jesus.

Advice if you can't find scripture to back up what you teach, then you are teaching herecy and lies.

Oh my I can't believe that someone would even say that out loud. I can't find scripture to back up what I teach. Atleast you are honest, but you are not teaching God's Word, if you can't find it in scripture.

Please don't teach anyone else.

Old 10-11-2009, 10:44 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,759,564 times
Quote:
OH, Wow, you will follow a church even if that mean sending you to Hell. A church could be wrong, but God's word is His truth.

Geeeze, what is the world coming to, when they say they can't find scripture to back up what you teach but follow your church. If that is the case you are teaching heracy.

I know of churches that are following after satan and his demons. I heard of a man that is calling himself Jesus.

Advice if you can't find scripture to back up what you teach, then you are teaching hearcy and lies.

Oh my I can't believe that someone would even say that out loud. I can't find scripture to back up what I teach. Atleast you are honest, but you are not teaching God's Word, if you can't find it in scripture.

Please don't teach anyone else.
Something tells me you have difficulty understanding what people mean when you read their posts. Or are you deliberately trying to confuse their message so that you don't have to answer it?

Old 10-11-2009, 10:44 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,526,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post

Right... I feel good about babies going to heaven.. I feel bad about babies going to hell...

But let Uncle Fred burn cuz he was over 50 and shoulda known better .

Old 10-11-2009, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Ok.. I will take that verse at face value... however.. Christ had not come to save mankind from their sins so David was talking about Hades or the holding place of the dead... the grave.. David would go to the grave as his child was in the grave..

This by no means says that the only way to get out of burning forever is to be an infant.

If infants are excluded from hell then how is it that any other unbelievers go to hell? Just because you cannot believe that God would send a newborn baby to hell does not mean that God won't send innocents to hell..

ET says that ALL who don't believe and repent are going to hell...

ALL means ALL... no exceptions.. God is not gonna rewrite the law of ET just so babies that you think are cute can go to heaven rather than hell.

Either that or you can just succumb to the UR stance that babies are not doomed to hell but are subjected to the consequences of their sin... but then they can't have sinned so in UR... babies cannot be punished..

ET or UR... you decide. but don't tell me there are exceptions fro ET because after all I have heard from ETers.. that is complete smoke up my.. well you get the drift..
Quote:
Christ had not come to save mankind from their sins
What part of Christ is God do you not understand? What part of Christ was in the beginning don't you understand? Christ was the one that came up with the temporary animal sacrifice, until He came and walked on the earth.

There were people in heaven with Christ before He came and walked the earth. The wicked will not be judge until He comes back.

Old 10-11-2009, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Something tells me you have difficulty understanding what people mean when you read their posts. Or are you deliberately trying to confuse their message so that you don't have to answer it?
Nope, you just have a writing issue. I just don't take you serious when I read some of your stuff. Especially when you wright before the time of Christ. You didn't wright BC, even if you did, Christ was before that. If you read your bible, then you should know what they do before Christ came and walked the earth.

I am done with this dead end conversation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity