Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 09:56 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,528,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
again, you have a clear teaching in the Bible that says you can not do evil that good may come.

So you can not kill people before they are born to help them get to heaven....
Nor can you kill Jews because they need to repent after they die....

Nor can you rape little kids so that God can have a chance to forgive you later...

You can not do evil that good might come from it...
That is wrong... where is the verse...

Romans 5 says that as sin increases so does Grace...
Rom. 5:20-21 The law was added so that the trespass might increase. But where sin increased, grace increased all the more, so that, just as sin reigned in death, so also grace might reign through righteousness to bring eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

So should I sin to increase Grace... NO but it does increase Grace nonetheless... all things are lawful for me...but not all things are beneficial to me... (1 Cor. 6:12)

I don't see where it says that we can't slaughter people for their own good to save them from the burning lake of fire before they sin...

(again... disclaimer... being the devil's advocate does not mean that I advocate killing children before they sin...I don't believe in hell and so killing people before they sin would not mean I save them in my own belief.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2009, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
No, a baby would not be in hell, because a baby does not understand the full knowledge of heaven and hell. The Lord would not send a baby to hell.
But that same baby if he/she died at 15 would go to hell... right? I count a 15 year old as not able to comprehend fully the consequences of their actions... what age do you say they are able to fully comprehend the knowledge of heaven and hell...

Old 10-11-2009, 09:59 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,761,215 times
Quote:
You are reading the words from Man and not from God. God will not send a baby to Hell. Why would God send a baby to hell without knowing why it is not there?

You put what man says, but what does God say?

Miss Shawn, i don't believe in hell, or in eternal torture, I believe in universal reconciliation ... remember? The whole point is that fundamentalists believe in original sin, and in eternal torture. Put them together and you get babies in hell like Augustine taught and like some believe today.

Old 10-11-2009, 10:04 PM

Quote:
You are reading the words from Man and not from God. God will not send a baby to Hell. Why would God send a baby to hell without knowing why it is not there?

You put what man says, but what does God say?
God would send them to hell for the same reason he sends all people who don't believe to hell... UNBELIEF...

You say that you MUST believe to escape hell but babies are exempt?

If anyone must believe to escape hell then logically babies are not excluded...God does not waver in his decree that ALL who do not believe must go to hell for flesh is evil...WE ARE ALL WRETCHED AND ARE BORN WRETCHED... therefore if you are born evil.. you must go to hell... even babies...

But that is the fallacy of ET...you cannot make exceptions that are not in the scripture.

Old 10-11-2009, 10:07 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,304,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
God would send them to hell for the same reason he sends all people who don't believe to hell... UNBELIEF...

You say that you MUST believe to escape hell but babies are exempt?

If anyone must believe to escape hell then logically babies are not excluded...God does not waver in his decree that ALL who do not believe must go to hell for flesh is evil...WE ARE ALL WRETCHED AND ARE BORN WRETCHED... therefore if you are born evil.. you must go to hell... even babies...

But that is the fallacy of ET...you cannot make exceptions that are not in the scripture.
NO, I am saying based on scripture!!

Old 10-11-2009, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
But that same baby if he/she died at 15 would go to hell... right? I count a 15 year old as not able to comprehend fully the consequences of their actions... what age do you say they are able to fully comprehend the knowledge of heaven and hell...
THe age when you come into the full knowledge of right and wrong, understanding and comprehending

Old 10-11-2009, 10:13 PM

Quote:
THe age when you come into the full knowledge of right and wrong, understanding and comprehending
Okay then that brings into question the mentally handicapped, the mentally insane, people who never heard of Christ, especially the heathen nations before the time of Christ ... etc ... The fundamental doctrinal slope begins to get really slippery from here on ...

Old 10-11-2009, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Okay then that brings into question the mentally handicapped, the mentally insane, people who never heard of Christ, especially the heathen nations before the time of Christ ... etc ...
Geeeze you mean to tell me you are a person that reads the bible and don't know what are going to happen to the people in the OT, I take that is what you meant.

Because if you understood who Christ was, you would understand that no one was before Him, He is God, He was always there.

God had animal sacrifices set up temporary to cover the person sins that would allow them to come to God. You do know that there are people in heaven now, Elijah was taken up into a world wind and Enoch was taken.

Quote:
Christ, especially the heathen nations before the time of Christ
THis shows your lack of knowledge of the bible and God. No one was before Christ. , and you say that I am looking for weakness in your armor. Like I said before you do a perfect job of that on your own. LOL

Old 10-11-2009, 10:23 PM

Quote:
NO, I am saying based on scripture!!
And what scripture tells you that babies are exempt for the "original sin" of Adam? Are babies born sinful or not?

I can admit if I am wrong about ET... I would love to agree but the doctrine of ET says that if you don't believe you go to hell... unfortunately babies don't believe so they must go to hell for their unbelief just like everyone else.

Just show me the verses that say there is an exception and that will be fine with me..

Old 10-11-2009, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Geeeze you mean to tell me you are a person that reads the bible and don't know what are going to happen to the people in the OT, I take that is what you meant.

Because if you understood who Christ was, you would understand that no one was before Him, He is God, He was always there.

God had animal sacrifices set up temporary to cover the person sins that would allow them to come to God. You do know that there are people in heaven now, Elijah was taken up into a world wind and Enoch was taken.

THis shows your lack of knowledge of the bible and God. No one was before Christ.

What are you talking about? I said before the time of Christ ... BC ... Before Christ came and delivered the gospel. And I'm not talking about old testament Hebrews, I'm talking about the gentile nations ... Anyone who never heard the gospel and were not Jews.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity