Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2009, 10:25 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,526,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
THe age when you come into the full knowledge of right and wrong, understanding and comprehending
What age does THE BIBLE say that is? I fully came to and understanding and knowledge of right and wrong when I was about 32?

But I would like to know what age is specified in the bible that says not understanding of right and wrong makes you exempt from hell... as far as I know ET teaches that EVERYONE who does not believe is doomed/condemned to hell...

Please... Please prove me wrong about ET.. I welcome it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2009, 10:25 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,303,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
And what scripture tells you that babies are exempt for the "original sin" of Adam? Are babies born sinful or not?

I can admit if I am wrong about ET... I would love to agree but the doctrine of ET says that if you don't believe you go to hell... unfortunately babies don't believe so they must go to hell for their unbelief just like everyone else.

Just show me the verses that say there is an exception and that will be fine with me..
What scriptures say that they are not? NO, the Gospel of Christ is clear read it. I don't have to prove you wrong, because you are wrong. I don't spend time jabbering with the blind. If you don't believe it, then that is you.

Old 10-11-2009, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post

What are you talking about? I said before the time of Christ ... BC ... Before Christ came and delivered the gospel. And I'm not talking about old testament Hebrews, I'm talking about the gentile nations ... Anyone who never heard the gospel and were not Jews.
That is still an ignorant statement, there is no one before the time of Christ. You should stop beating yourself over the head, you need those brain cells.

You should be more specific, like I said before I don't need to try to pull your weakness out.

Old 10-11-2009, 10:31 PM

Quote:
What scriptures say that they are not? NO, the Gospel of Christ is clear read it. I don't have to prove you wrong, because you are wrong. I don't spend time jabbering with the blind. If you don't believe it, then that is you.
What?

You say that babies not being sentenced to hell upon death is scriptural but you refuse to provide scripture?

Obviously it is a man-made idea that ALL people who don't believe go to hell....except those who don't believe because they are unable...

What about me? I say I am unable to believe that I go to hell... am I also exempt?

Some churches say that if the father and mother of the child pray for the child then the child is saved; but if the father and mother of the child are not of God then the child is doomed... If you watch the videos that fundamentalist posted in a thread.. can't remember the name.... then you will see that an 18 month old child is EVIL.. and if that same child were 18 years old he would slaughter you ,take your valuables, and step over your bloody body without remorse...

EVIL BABIES! they may seem innocent but they would kill you if they were 18 years old... that is why in ET theology... they must burn with the rest of the unbelievers!

Old 10-11-2009, 10:32 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,434,005 times
Matthew 18:3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
Matthew 19:14 But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.

No babies do not go to hell. Neither do children. And I am a Full Preterist Calvinist!

Old 10-11-2009, 10:33 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,499,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
There is an age of accountability.

Of course, babies go to heaven.
10 years later they can? Wow what a difference 10 years can make in a person`s life. A short ten years on earth can get you burned alive forever in hellfire.

Old 10-11-2009, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
What?

You say that babies not being sentenced to hell upon death is scriptural but you refuse to provide scripture?

Obviously it is a man-made idea that ALL people who don't believe go to hell....except those who don't believe because they are unable...

What about me? I say I am unable to believe that I go to hell... am I also exempt?

Some churches say that if the father and mother of the child pray for the child then the child is saved but if the father and mother of the child are not of God then the child is doomed... If you watch the videos that fundamentalist posted in a thread.. can't remember the name.... then you will see that an 18 month old child is EVIL.. and if that same child were 18 years old he would slaughter you , take you watch, and step over your bloody body without remorse...

EVIL BABIES! they may seem innocent but they would kill you if they were 18 years old...
Some churches say, that is what is wrong with the world today, they are listening to he say she say.

It is not man made doctrine as you believe.

I take you don't read the bible enough.

the Bible records that David said: “While the child was alive, I fasted and wept; for I said, ‘Who can tell whether the Lord will be gracious to me, that the child may live?’ But now he is dead; why should I fast? Can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me.” It is clear that David’s dead infant son would never return to this Earth, but David also said that one day, he would go to be with his son.

Old 10-11-2009, 10:35 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,759,564 times
Quote:
Ah the classic fundamentalist bow-out ... They cant answer a question they say the bible says so and all the sudden it magically true ...

Old 10-11-2009, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Matthew 18:3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
Matthew 19:14 But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.

No babies do not go to hell. Neither do children. And I am a Full Preterist Calvinist!
I agree that babies and children (hey all people) do not go to hell... but that verse you provided is talking about being converted and as newly converted are like children. There is no free pass for kids to go straight to heaven... if there was we would be justified in killing them as kids so they don't have a choice to go to hell later..

But then again.. I don't believe in any of this hogwash of ET... so....

Old 10-11-2009, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Ah the classic fundamentalist bow-out ... They cant answer a question they say the bible says so and all the sudden it magically true ...
I don't duck and hide like most, I answered the question. LOL

the Bible records that David said: “While the child was alive, I fasted and wept; for I said, ‘Who can tell whether the Lord will be gracious to me, that the child may live?’ But now he is dead; why should I fast? Can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me.” It is clear that David’s dead infant son would never return to this Earth, but David also said that one day, he would go to be with his son.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity