Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2010, 08:37 AM

1,897 posts, read 2,112,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
You are absolutely correct which is why I said I believe. I didn't say for sure this is fact. I personally believe that once a child can comprehend what is wrong/right and that they are sinning, they are accountable. A mentally retarded person does not understand like babies; therefore, they will be in heaven. This is just my belief.
You probably believe babies and retarded people will be in heaven because you are a good and merciful person. If you take it a little further, there are many reasons for other people to be shown the same mercy. I could name examples, but you've probably thought, "But what about the person who.......(fill in the blank)?"

It just doesn't make sense that God would have rules where some people are excused from believing and others are not. He is no respecter of persons. This is one reason I believe in God's ultimate mercy for all. Jesus' sacrifice was sufficient to cover the sins of all mankind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2010, 08:43 AM

23,015 posts, read 34,378,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
I definitely agree that babies don't go to hell since I don't believe in a literal lake of fire anyway. However, you won't find any scripture to back up your belief. This well-accepted rule in most denominations was created because people believe God is merciful enough to give babies a pass. However, some don't think he's merciful to those who were ignorant of the gospel, didn't understand it, believed what they were taught as a child, deceived, etc. For those who believe this rule, it's very difficult to figure out where the "age of accountability" begins since there's no scripture to even confirm it.
This is funny (in a sad way) because there are is NO Scripture to back up the belief that hell is not a real place where people will spend eternity away from God.

Old 03-25-2010, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
This is funny (in a sad way) because there are is NO Scripture to back up the belief that hell is not a real place where people will spend eternity away from God.
You should spend some time on these forums and read the posts so you can learn that isn't true.

Old 03-25-2010, 01:06 PM

Quote:
You should spend some time on these forums and read the posts so you can learn that isn't true.
You should spend some time reading the Bible so you can learn what is true.

Old 03-25-2010, 01:16 PM

Quote:
You should spend some time reading the Bible so you can learn what is true.
Very good comeback, I must admit! I should have said that to you instead of saying you should read the forums. However, just reading the Bible isn't good enough if you insist on reading it through the filter of what someone else taught you. You need to read it through the guidance of the Holy Spirit, and pray for understanding of God's true character, and then you'll find out what is true.

God bless!

Old 03-25-2010, 01:18 PM

Quote:
However, just reading the Bible isn't good enough if you insist on reading it through the filter of what someone else taught you. You need to read it through the guidance of the Holy Spirit, and pray for understanding of God's true character, and then you'll find out what is true.

God bless!
Yes I agree

Old 03-25-2010, 02:13 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,525,301 times
Quote:
There is absolutely no scripture to back up the belief that hell IS a real place. I have yet to see someone prove, with scripture, that hell exists or that anyone resides there....

Care to take the challenge? I will start a new thread.

Old 03-25-2010, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
There is absolutely no scripture to back up the belief that hell IS a real place. I have yet to see someone prove, with scripture, that hell exists or that anyone resides there....

Care to take the challenge? I will start a new thread.
Guess you haven't read The Book or you have and just don't understand it or believe it.

Old 03-25-2010, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdawg77 View Post
1 Thessalonians 4:13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
Yes my friend you have done your research . Now the fun part of all of this is getting the Indoctrinites to see that , we all will bow and confess that christ is lord. ALL OF US. I can also give you a list of this being said in the BIBLE..
1) 1Tim 2:4 God will have all to be saved. (KJV) Can His will be thwarted?
2) 1Tim 2:4 God desires all to come to the knowledge of truth Will His desire come to pass?
3) 1Tim 2:6 Salvation of all is testified in due time Are we judging God before due time?
4) Jn 12:47 Jesus came to save all Will He succeed?
5) Eph 1:11 God works all after the counsel of His will Can your will overcome His?
6) Jn 4:42 Jesus is Savior of the world Can He be Savior of all without saving all?
7) 1Jn 4:14 Jesus is Savior of the world Why don’t we believe it?
8) Jn 12:32 Jesus will draw all mankind unto Himself To roast or to love?
9) Col 1:16 By Him all were created Will He lose a part of His creation?
10) Rm 5:15-21 In Adam all condemned, in Christ all live The same all?
11) 1Cor 15:22 In Adam all die, in Christ all live Again, the same all?
12) Eph 1:10 All come into Him at the fulness of times Are you getting tired of seeing the word, all?
13) Phl 2:9-11 Every tongue shall confess Jesus is Lord Will the Holy Spirit be given to everyone?
14) 1 Cor 12:3 Cannot confess except by Holy Spirit See what I mean?
15) Rm 11:26 All Israel will be saved But most Jews don’t believe yet!
16) Acts 3:20,21 Restitution of all How plain can you get?
17) Luke 2:10 Jesus will be joy to all people Is there joy is "hell"?
18) Heb 8:11,12 All will know God How long, O Lord?
19) Eph 2:7 His grace shown in the ages to come Have we judged Him before the time?
20) Titus 2:11 Grace has appeared to all Experientially or prophetically?
21) Rm 8:19-21 Creation set at liberty How much of creation?
22) Col 1:20 All reconciled unto God There’s that word "all" again.
23) 1Cor 4:5 All will have praise of God What for?
24) Jms 5:11 End of the Lord is full of mercy Is "hell" mercy?
25) Rev 15:4 All nations worship when God’s judgments are seen Could His judgment be mercy?
26) Rm 11:32 All subject to unbelief, mercy on all All?
27) Rm 11:36 All out of, through, and into Him All into Him?
28) Eph 4:10 Jesus will fill all things Including "hell?"
29) Rev 5:13 All creation seen praising God Including Satan?
30) 1Cor 15:28 God will be all in all What does that mean?
31) Rev 21:4,5 No more tears, all things made new "All" made new?
32) Jn 5:25 All dead who hear will live How many will hear?
33) Jn 5:28 All in the grave will hear & come forth How will the "righteous" judge?
34) 1 Cor 3:15 All saved, so as by fire How can fire save you?
35) Mk 9:49 Everyone shall be salted with fire Including you?
36) Rm 11:15 Reconciliation of the world Will fire save the world instead of destroy it?
37) 2Cor 5:15 Jesus died for all Did He die in vain?
38) Jn 8:29 Jesus always does what pleases His Father What pleases the Father? (1Tim 2:4)
39) Heb 1:2 Jesus is Heir of all things Does "things" include people?
40) Jn 17:2 Jesus gives eternal life to all that His Father gave Him How many did the Father give Him?
41) Jn 3:35 The Father gave Him all things (Repeated for emphasis) Study the word "things" in the Greek.
42) 1 Tim 4:9-11 Jesus is Savior of all! Jesus is Savior of all! Can’t seem to get away from that word "all."
43) Heb. 7:25 Jesus is able to save to the uttermost How far is "uttermost?"
44) 1Cor 15:26 Last enemy, death, will be destroyed Including "lake of fire" which is "second death?"
45) Is 46:10 God will do all His pleasure Does Old Testament agree with the New?
46) Gen 12:3 All families of the earth will be blessed Here comes that word "all" again.
47) Dan 4:35 God’s will done in heaven and earth What can defeat His will?
48) Ps 66:3,4 Enemies will submit to God Can any stay rebellious in "hell?"
49) Ps 90:3 God turns man to destruction, then says return How can one return from "destruction?"
50) Is 25:7 Will destroy veil spread over all nations All nations?
51) Deut 32:39 He kills and makes alive Kills to bring life?
52) Ps 33:15 God fashions all hearts "All" hearts, including men like "Hitler?"
53) Prv 16:9 Man devises, God directs his steps What about "free will?"
54) Prv 19:21 Man devises, but God’s counsel stands So much for "free will."
55) La 3:31,32 God will not cast off forever Why does He cast off in the first place? (1 Cor 11)
56) Is 2:2 All nations shall flow to the Lord’s house "All" nations?
57) Ps 86:9 All nations will worship Him "All" nations!
58) Is 45:23 All descendants of Israel justified Including the wicked ones?
59) Ps 138:4 All kings will praise God Are you catching on?
60) Ps 65:2-4 All flesh will come to God That sounds wondrous.
61) Ps 72:18 God only does wondrous things I wish we would believe that.
62) Is 19:14,15 Egypt & Assyria will be restored Really?
63) Ezk 16:55 Sodom will be restored to former estate Sounds impossible.
64) Jer 32:17 Nothing is too difficult for Him Nothing? No, nothing!
65) Ps 22:27 All ends of the earth will turn to Him For what purpose?
66) Ps 22:27 All families will worship before Him Praise His name!
67) Ps 145:9 He is good to all Including your worst enemies.
68) Ps 145:9 His mercies are over all his works Let’s start believing that.
69) Ps 145:14 He raises all who fall Who hasn’t fallen in sin?
70) Ps 145:10 All His works will praise Him For "eternal torment?"
71) Is 25:6 Lord makes a feast for all people And you are invited.
72) Jer 32:35 Never entered His mind to eternally torture his children with fire Came from man’s mind.
73) Jn 6:44 No one can come to Him unless He draws them You can’t "chose" to follow Him.
74) Jn 12:32 I will draw all mankind unto Myself Amen!!!
Now read all these passages , and see what i am saying.. There need not be Hell for anyone. For He saves ALL. Life is a process of learning to be what God intended us to be. This Process of Learning can continue when we are awakened from Death , and we are punished for our sins as we learn. Punishment / Chastisement will happen , just not in the eternal way everyone has been indoctrined to think. Before Jesus can return all to the father , for him to be ALL in ALL everything must return. In order for that to happen all must be perfected in Grace and Love. Hell as we know it nowdays is a pagan belief the King James ( as well as others ) used to draw the pagan into the church. It was for control. Mind you that King James being a PAGAN King also reinforced this false doctrine , simply because it brought his kingdom to him. He was not the first to have this added to our texts. People that do the research will see , God is wrathful , yes , but is he rathful enough to send you to eternity ? No. Jesus taught on the prodigal son , who left the father and then came back and was welcomed with open arms.Luke 15:11-32 . Mind you he was treated well even though he made bad decisions. I believe in punishment for sins. I however do not believe there is a sin that can't be forgiven. Before or after death , you will become what God intended for you to become. Every single solitary one of us. His word will not return VOID. If It does return void , then God himself would be a liar. So it can only be THIS way. He cannot be all in all , or reign forever if one soul is not reconciled , and he loses that soul. The shepard Left the entire flock to find one lost lamb, and would it be right for a simple shepard to do what or God is not willing to ? Hardly. There are going to be a lot of surprises when you wake up come out of your graves , and realize the truth. There are going to be a lot of " How did this happen" and "why didn't we know this" going on. I can simply tell you this. The indoctrination of ou r minds has put eyes of sleep upon most christians , we do not seek , we shall not find. We do not knock , so the door shall not be opened. We do not look past our explainations to see the full picture of God's Words , and above all we wouldn't believe it if our eyes were opened. The temple of God lies within you , not a building deemed " Church" by man.
We are all pastors for God , once we believe that we are saved. Were we not told to go out and spread the word of the love of God to everyone ? Yet all I hear about from Christians is Hell and Death . When in all actuality it is not there in the original manuscripts ? We must not allow the blinders of Indoctrination to lead us down a path such as that. Everything returns to GOD. How can you miss that ? This means all shall return to his maker , in purity and grace. For eternity. If your pastor tells you , you are going to hell , explain to him this little verse. EVERY KNEE SHALL BOW, EVERY TONGUE CONFESS, THAT JESUS CHRIST IS LORD. The wicked will be reconciled or that cannot be so. PERIOD. Confessing Christ as Savior / Lord of your life is how you get saved. It happens right there in black and white. I believe when we wake from the grave , we will see that the correct version of the events has happened just like It is said in our bible. Take off the blinders Christians , and realize that we are being fed false doctrine. God's mercy and grace will be shown then. We will all glorify God , for that was why we were created. To give God praise , and glorify him . To bless him. How can we miss our sole purpose ? Think for yourselves, pray that you will be opened up to the real reason we are here , and see what the man made religious doctrine really is , and then pull yourself out of it , so that you may see God's truth , and grace. His mercy , and his love for his children. ( his children aren't we all ) Prayers and Blessings for all of you . May God open your eyes , and instill his love , so that you may see , and believe him. In the Precious name of Jesus I pray . AMEN .
Awesome post! Welcome to the forum.

Old 03-29-2010, 04:18 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,405,274 times
Jesus said not to stop the children from coming to him. He will save all that the father gives him-no more and no less, from every walk of life, from all ethnic groups, etc; unless Jesus is a rattled brain and has no idea what he is talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity