Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2016, 12:58 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,573,832 times

Advertisements

So many here remind me of my neighbor who has me in hell a long time ago since I don't believe...she reads her bible all day and totally so brainwashed. But was violated by her minster now deceased father.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2016, 01:21 PM

32,530 posts, read 21,849,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
Listen i'm an African American Christian so I don't attempt to jam my Dogma down other people's throat's

Only God knows the age of accountability because that's none of our business he's the one sending people to heaven and hades not us.

However this is just my opinion there are billions of age of accountability of each individual unique child and only God knows that age of accountability,
Yea...no....

Old 05-01-2016, 01:25 PM

32,530 posts, read 21,849,930 times
Quote:
Well to be honest with you the only thing that I have not thought out is what exactly is the age of accountability .

And to be honest with you there are probably billions of different ages of accountability totally unique to the individual child in question.

Listen I am not trying to jam my beliefs down anyone's throat if you want to believe this Believe It or by all means don't believe it but that's what the word of God says that's what the Bible says that's what Jesus said.
What exactly did the three of them say?...

Old 05-01-2016, 01:27 PM

27,895 posts, read 29,709,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I do agree but does the Bible agree?

I do understand the "suffer the little children" passage but that appears to be an illustration of how adults should enter into belief as "little children." It does not literally seem to be about a physical age. Jesus's style was parables and illustrations.
Well, I'm sure the true "age of accountability" so many people (including me) speak of is different for each individual. I just think that when Jesus says we must become "as little children," He is referring to their innocence and lack of guile. Children are already "as children," so they have nothing to repent of. We, on the other hand...

Quote:
OTOH Jesus is VERY clear about how certain actions or inaction will guarantee doom so I would think if he were also certain that only after a certain age or stage, one would be bound for heaven based on his/her thoughts or actions, then he'd have said so, but really he doesn't.
I'm actually about as close as a person can be to a believer in "universal reconciliation" (or whatever term the concept goes by on this forum).

Quote:
I don't see anything Biblical pointing to exemption from hell based specifically on age. I DO see a lot in the Bible about everyone being sinners, full stop.
To me, when the Bible says, "All have sinned," it's really saying that "all who are capable of sinning have sinned." I just see that as common sense logic. If sinning is the voluntary transgression of a religious law or moral principle, then it would require a choice (note the word "voluntary"). It only makes sense that a person can only voluntarily choose to transgress a law or principle they know exists.

Quote:
Therefore the only conclusion I can draw is that either a) the whole hell/sinning concept is wrong or b) God does in fact send children to hell.
Or, how about concluding that the Bible may not be complete. It may not contain everything God has ever revealed to mankind. You've got gospels and epistles, etc. that are included in it, but other gospels and epistles, etc. that aren't. The Bible doesn't even claim to be complete. As a matter of fact, it actually claims not to be. John says that Jesus did (and presumably taught) so many things that weren't even written down that all of the books in the world could not hold an accounting of them. Someone would just have to think that the only things Jesus ever talked about that weren't included in the Bible were mundane topics such as last night's storm over the Sea of Galilee in order to claim that everything we need to know can be found within its pages. Look at how little we actually have in terms of what Jesus Christ himself taught. Either (a) He said almost nothing for 90% of His waking hours during His 3-year ministry, or (b) He spent the vast majority of His valuable time engaged in small talk, or (c) imagine this: Not everything He said that was important got included in the Bible.

Quote:
Exactly what age children, who knows? But if it's "just" say an 11-year-old v. a newborn baby how would that make it any less horrific and nightmare-inducing an image? A bright 11-year-old who says "I've read the Bible...I just don't believe it!", horribly winds up struck by a car, dies and then stands shrieking in agony in the flames of hell for thousands and thousands of years? Still not adding up to anything really very palatable. And that's all this "child exemption" non Biblically-supported dogma is doing, really...making images of God as, well, ruthless more palatable for us by changing what the Bible says or doesn't say, to fit what doesn't make us cringe.

Is it is or is it ain't, as my mother used to say.

I personally feel the various writers of the various books didn't really think things through when they were issuing the threatening side of the Biblical edicts and instead thought they were frightening people into obeying the church hierarchy (or earlier, the Jewish religious hierarchy) in an effort to be doing what God "wants" so they would avoid hell. If God had truly inspired the Bible He surely would have seen these upcoming pitfalls and ditches and inconsistencies and would have inspired the thing to be written correctly. I'm not seeing correctness here, I'm seeing implied ruthlessness followed by hasty efforts to brush over same using man-made dogma that doesn't make us all burst into tears (like the image of an 11-year-old, 10-year-old or whatever shrieking in pain in the roaring licking flames for eternity).
I get what you're saying. And that's why I believe as I do: First, the Bible, while an excellent source of valuable information, is incomplete. Second, God didn't create any of us to be His eternal firewood -- not infants, not 11-year olds, not 35-year olds and not 90-year olds. Third, the more you understand about Jesus Christ's gospel, the more you realize that endings here in mortality really aren't endings at all. Death is not the end of the play. It's just the end of one act.

Old 05-01-2016, 02:47 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,252,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Yes....Just like any other human being...
The creator created to destroy? Or......did He create to save?

Because the creation was lost in the process of creating, due to the enable-meant of the gift of choice in a fleshly body, the Creator did not loose one soul......... save the one.

And that one.....He also saved. Psa_16:10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

So...you see? What a merciful and loving Creator He is?

Babies are His creation, via the flesh, and are as angels until the age of acknowledgement...in which at that point, become as like we all.

Blessings, AJ

Old 05-01-2016, 03:20 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,498,325 times
So you people at the city data Forum are still at
it .

It''s so hard trying to find the truth , well if I have any more time left today I just might join in on your quest for the ( honest to GOD Truth ) truth can be
totally liberating freedom (or) absolute bondage.

Old 05-01-2016, 03:45 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,252,059 times
Quote:
So you people at the city data Forum are still at
it .

It''s so hard trying to find the truth , well if I have any more time left today I just might join in on your quest for the ( honest to GOD Truth ) truth can be
totally liberating freedom (or) absolute bondage.
Question? How does one sharpen one's spiritual sword? Friction?

Were it not for adversity, there would be no gains, both physical and or spiritual.

Don't get dismayed at what you read. But rather interact with prayer that your understanding be enlightened.

Blessings, AJ

Old 05-01-2016, 06:34 PM

9,945 posts, read 4,883,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by look3467 View Post
The creator created to destroy? Or......did He create to save?
Because the creation was lost in the process of creating, due to the enable-meant of the gift of choice in a fleshly body, the Creator did not loose one soul......... save the one.
And that one.....He also saved. Psa_16:10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
So...you see? What a merciful and loving Creator He is?
Babies are His creation, via the flesh, and are as angels until the age of acknowledgement...in which at that point, become as like we all.
Blessings, AJ
Yes, saved - Psalm 16:10 Acts 2:27. God saved meaning: God resurrected Jesus out of biblical hell ( aka the grave )

Minor children can be ' saved ' by the believing parent - 1st Corinthians 7:14

We are nearing the soon coming ' time of separation ' on Earth - Matthew 25:31-33,37
Those counted as humble ' sheep ' are saved. ( saved/ rescued/ delivered through the coming great tribulation of Revelation 7:14 ) That means they and their minor children will also be spared, and can continue to live on Earth right into the start of Jesus' coming 1,000-year governmental rulership over Earth - Isaiah 26:20

Jesus likened our day to Noah's Day - Matthew 24:37 - so for the haughty ' goats ' they and their minor children will come to a final end as did the people of Noah's day and Sodom and Gomorrah.

Old 05-02-2016, 01:35 PM

18,423 posts, read 9,048,002 times
Question for those who believe babies can go to hell: wouldn't it be better to have an abortion then allow a baby to be born and possibly go to hell? Or is the soul created at conception?

Do all aborted babies go to hell, since they cannot be baptized?

Old 05-02-2016, 02:46 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,329,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whos'who View Post
Are new born babies who are not saved and who have not excepted Jesus as their lord and savior, comdemned to hell?
People who support the notion that babies who have not been saved are condemned to hell... should be condemned to hell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity