U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2009, 08:19 AM

1,534 posts, read 1,592,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
They just cant handle the truth. They are babes still suckling at the breast of exoteric traditional Christianity. They are addicted to the milk of the gospel which they have been fed. And are blinded by the traditions of men which keep them from growing past their own greedy appetites. They cannot stomache the strong meats of the word of reconciliation. They are still bound by fear ... and a desire to see their enemies suffer.
While I do not agree that God punishment goes on indefinitely these passages show the fate of God's ememies:

Matthew 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Jn. 12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

Dan. 12:2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

2 Thess. 1:8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

Isa. 51:7 Hearken unto me, ye that know righteousness, the people in whose heart is my law; fear ye not the reproach of men, neither be ye afraid of their revilings.

8 For the moth shall eat them up like a garment, and the worm shall eat them like wool: but my righteousness shall be for ever, and my salvation from generation to generation.

Re 11:13 And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven.

Ps 37:20 But the wicked shall perish, and the enemies of the LORD shall be as the fat of lambs: they shall consume; into smoke shall they consume away.

And if those are not prove enough here's the final word. Is it strong enough meat for you?

Mal. 4:1 For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.

2 But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.

3 And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the LORD of hosts.

Last edited by mshipmate; 10-13-2009 at 08:30 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2009, 09:32 AM

7,374 posts, read 7,198,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
LOL....I want the truth Jack Nicholson!!!!!!!!!!!

exoteric means

suitable for or communicated to the general public.not belonging, limited, or pertaining to the inner or select circle, as of disciples or intimates.popular; simple; commonplace.pertaining to the outside; exterior; external.

Sounds like true biblical qualities of the true gospel
No silly, that is what they teach the profane laity to "keep them in line".

You had to look that word up eh? Look up esoteric while your at it.

Old 10-13-2009, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshipmate View Post
While I do not agree that God punishment goes on indefinitely these passages show the fate of God's ememies:

Matthew 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Jn. 12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

Dan. 12:2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

2 Thess. 1:8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

Isa. 51:7 Hearken unto me, ye that know righteousness, the people in whose heart is my law; fear ye not the reproach of men, neither be ye afraid of their revilings.

8 For the moth shall eat them up like a garment, and the worm shall eat them like wool: but my righteousness shall be for ever, and my salvation from generation to generation.

Re 11:13 And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven.

Ps 37:20 But the wicked shall perish, and the enemies of the LORD shall be as the fat of lambs: they shall consume; into smoke shall they consume away.

And if those are not prove enough here's the final word. Is it strong enough meat for you?

Mal. 4:1 For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.

2 But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.

3 And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the LORD of hosts.

And here is the fate of all mankind in the fullness of times.

Rev 21:5
He who was seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new!" Then he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true."

Old 10-13-2009, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
LOL. The false gospel of UR is "strong meat"? Like somehow you have discovered the unknown secret, hidden for ages, and now that the jack is out of the box, you think you have an inside track to the entiire Word. It truly is sad. The only "strong meat" you have, is the stench of it as it is sacrificed to idols, and you wolf it down knowing full well that it places a stumbling block in front of weak minded people.

I think that you sir, or madam, whichever,,,need to really humble yourself in front of God and pray that your pride be made low, otherwise you will suffer for talking to His Children in the manner in which you are.
The gospel og UR is the original gospel of the early church which was taught be the vast majority of Christians in the first 5 centuries.

The Schaff-Herzog Encyclopedia of Religious Knowledge, vol. 12, p. 96; Retrieved April 29, 2007. “In the West this doctrine had fewer adherents and was never accepted by the Church at large. In the first five or six centuries of Christianity there were six theological schools, of which four (Alexandria, Antioch, Caesarea, and Edessa, or Nisibis) were Universalist; one (Ephesus) accepted conditional mortality; one (Carthage or Rome) taught endless punishment of the wicked.”
* Seymour, Charles. A Theodicy of Hell. p. 25. Springer (2000). ISBN 0792363647.
* Ludlow, Morwenna. Universal Salvation: eschatology in the thought of Gregory of Nyssa and Karl Rahner. Pp. 1-2. Oxford University Press (2000). ISBN 0198270224.

The False Gospel you believe wasn't accepted as orthodoxy until the 6th century. It is obvious that it is you and others like you who have and teach an apostate false gospel. These are the facts.

Old 10-13-2009, 10:14 AM

1,534 posts, read 1,592,955 times
Quote:

He who was seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new!" Then he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true."
Interesting word here in the N. T.....'new'. It has several meanings:

1.) #46 and means new cloth as in Matt. 19:16

2.) #3501 means to regenerate as in Matt. 19:17

3.) #2537 means new especially in freshness as used in Rev. 21:5

So we see that Rev. 21:5 is saying Behold, I make everything new/fresh.

Also another very important thing...

The word for renew/restore, which is the word Christ would have had John use if God was going to restore ashes back to people, is none of these numbers, but is #340.

So if you want to believe God is going to scoop up ashes 1,000 yrs later, or after 1,000 yrs have passed, and RESTORE his enemies, hey, go for it.

As for me...I will go with what the Holy Spirit had men write in both the O.T. and the N.T.

Old 10-13-2009, 10:54 AM

5,261 posts, read 6,234,778 times
Originally Posted by Verna Perry
You will not accept it if it smacked you in the face...but here you go anyway...

I beseech you therefore brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye precent your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good , that acceptable and perfect will of God.

For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith
Hebrews 12:1-3.[/quote]

[quote=Ironmaw1776;11164104]Thank you ...

And every man will have faith and in that faith will bow and confess that Jesus is lord to the glory of the father in the fullness of times.[/quote]

...my point exactly. You continue to show your ignorance of Scripture Ironmaw...and even moreso each time you type a verse to twist.

You fail to understand Ironmaw, that only those who are obedient to God and His commands is who these verses speak to...BELIEVERS, and no one else...and you are guilty of teaching a lie...and if you do not stop, you will never realize what it is like to be with God is His Kingdom for all of eternity...something I am sure you want more than anything...you better stop this nonsense, repent, and get right with the Lord or you are going to be so sorry...I am warning you.

Old 10-13-2009, 11:10 AM

Quote:

...now, the context in which this verse lives and breathes:

Revelation 21:5

(1) A new heaven and a new earth. (10) The heavenly Jerusalem, with a full description thereof. (23) She needeth no sun, the glory of God is her light. (24) The kings of the earth bring their riches unto her.

(1) And I saw a new heaven, and a new earth: for the first heaven, and the first earth were passed away, and there was no more sea.
(2) And I John saw the Holy City, new Jerusalem coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
(3) And I heard a great voice out of heaven, saying, Behold, the Tabernacle of God [Jesus Christ] is with men [His bride], and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself shall be with them, and be their God.
(4) And God shall wipe away all tears from their [His bride's] eyes: and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
(5) And He that sat upon the throne, said, Behold, I make all things new. And He said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

What verse 5 really means, in context:

God Himself is describing the Church, then describes the Church.

...all things new - not recent, but changed from the old (Greek "kaina," not "nea). An earnest of this regeneration and transfiguration of nature is given already in the regenerate soul.

The new heaven and the new earth will not be separated from each other, the earth of the Saints, their glorified bodies will be heavenly. The old world, with all its troubles and tumults will have passed away. This new Jerusalem is the Church of God in tis new and perfect state, the Church triumphant! All effects of former trouble shall be done away.

Christ, Maker of all things new, IF we are willing and desireous that the gracious Redeemer should make all things new in order of our heart and nature, He will make all things new in respect of our situation, till He has brought us to enjoy complete happiness.

The agonies and terrors of the first death will lead to the far greater terrors and agonies of the eternal second death.

(6) And He said unto me, It is done: I Am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is thirsty, of the fountain of the water of life, freely.
(7) He that overcometh, shall inherit all things, and I will be his God, and he shall be My son.
(8) But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the adominable, and murderers, and *****mongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liers, shall have their part in the lake which burnedth with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.

Old 10-13-2009, 11:14 AM

5,733 posts, read 4,581,672 times
Ironmaw is safe and sound in His Father's loving hands.

Old 10-13-2009, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Ironmaw is safe and sound in His Father's loving hands.
No sparrow, he is not, and neither are you if you continue to teach people that all are saved eventually...you are just as guilty as he is, and the rest who teach your lies. I feel so sorry for you all who teach such lies...leading those who believe you into utter destruction right along with you...permanentely separated from God forever. I'm warning you.

Old 10-13-2009, 11:30 AM

8,435 posts, read 8,386,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
The agonies and terrors of the first death will lead to the far greater terrors and agonies of the eternal second death.

(6) And He said unto me, It is done: I Am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is thirsty, of the fountain of the water of life, freely.
(7) He that overcometh, shall inherit all things, and I will be his God, and he shall be My son.
(8) But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the adominable, and murderers, and *****mongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liers, shall have their part in the lake which burnedth with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.
You do realize that you are fearful... that you have lied and are a liar... that you believe in demons/evil spirits which makes you a sorcerer (by definition of the word as a fortune-teller as you are telling that some have the misfortune of going to hell which you can discern as a sorcerer) and yet you don't think you will have your part in the second death??? interesting. All humanity qualifies for the lake of fire as all humanity has lied, cheated, stole...etc.

BUT- you of course are different because you are a believer and this verse is talking to believers only...right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or