U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2009, 07:46 AM

4,883 posts, read 5,119,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
I know wihout a doubt that I am a born-again, spirit filled, child of the Living God through Christ. I know that I not only talk the talk, but I walk the walk required of me according to His Word...and I know that I know that I know that I will stand with confidence before Jesus my King, and He will know me because He knows I live my life to please Him. I haven't become all that He wants me to be, and I will not until He comes again and completes the work that He has begun in me...but I hear His voice...and know His voice...and I submitt to Him and His will above my own...daily He teaches me...daily He leads me...daily He convicts my heart, but I hear Him, and I love His corrections...I love His attention to me...even when it is because I've said or done something wrong that displeased Him...He is perfecting me...and the purification process, though it is painful to my flesh...is precious to me. I do not fear death...and I do not fear hell...I also do not fear being separated from Him...ever...because I live to please Him. I stay in His Word, constantly...and I do work out my salvation with fear and trembling...and I am a living sacrifice unto Him.

So, yes...I can say with confidence, that I will be accepted into His Kingdom...according to His holy Word...and He is not a God who can lie...and His Word will not return void. I stand upon His every promise to me. I live with peace and joy, in hope...patiently enduring. Amen.
I'm glad your feel so "confident"...I am humble enough to admit with all humility and no pride whatsoever, that I fall far short of the perfection required to enter into the Kingdom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2009, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
"Be perfect as your father is perfect"....

Remember when we are told by Jesus to become this?
Was he kidding?
Was this said to be some sort of joke, a type of unreachable goal?

No!
It's something we have to become...and do become in Him.

However there are some ways to understand the term "Perfect" that make it something out of reach.

Here is a test....look around your house, or your yard, or your life, and name the things you think are perfect????

There should be a nice list of things that you come up with.
If you cant name even one thing, then you are mixed up as to the bible's meaning of "Perfect" of you live in a damp cave
=============================================

What is the best meaning in the whole world for the term "Perfect"?

(I feel a story coming on....)
This example will give you the perfect meaning to the word "Perfect"

You and your wife have just had your first baby.
You bring the child home from the hospital and are filled with joy and pride.
You know that your mom is about to come to town that day to see your new baby for the first time.
So you go to all the best baby stores and you bring home lots of new outfits to try on your baby so that when Grandma sees her new grandchild for the first time the baby will shine.

The hour of grandmas visit is at hand.
the baby is washed, and dressed in the best baby clothes.
The baby is then wrapped in blanket after blanket and placed in the brand new baby bed .
You make one last adjustment to the blankets, and the door bell rings...

Its Grandma!

You answer the door, greet your mom, and watch her as she walks over to see the child .
She reaches down, moves aside the blankets and picks up the new born...
Then you watch as grandma strips away the coverings to count all the fingers and toes.

Satisfied, and with tears in her eyes, she pronounces the child "Perfect!"

That is the perfection that Jesus asks of us....

To be lacking in nothing.....
See my response to Verna

Old 10-15-2009, 07:51 AM

3,067 posts, read 3,488,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
I'm glad your feel so "confident"...I am humble enough to admit with all humility and no pride whatsoever, that I fall far short of the perfection required to enter into the Kingdom.
That may be so, I dont know you nor can I but guess as to he state of your walk.

All I know is that I do not suffer a lack of something that would keep me from entering the Kingdom.

(and you posted about what I had written before I was done fixing a lot of the spelling errors, so my story was not in it's final form yet,,,go read it again)

Old 10-15-2009, 07:52 AM

5,261 posts, read 6,237,725 times
Quote:
"Be perfect as your father is perfect"....

Remember when we are told by Jesus to become this?
Was he kidding?
Was this said to be some sort of joke, a type of unreachable goal?

No!
It's something we have to become...and do become in Him.

However there are some ways to understand the term "Perfect" that make it something out of reach.

Here is a test....look around your house, or your yard, or your life, and name the things you think are perfect????

There should be a nice list of things that you come up with.
If you cant name even one thing, then you are mixed up as to the bible's meaning of "Perfect" of you live in a damp cave
=============================================

What is the best meaning in the whole world for the term "Perfect"?

(I feel a story coming on....)
This example will give you the perfect meaning to the word "Perfect"

You and your wife have just had your first baby.
You bring the child home from the hospital and are filled with joy and pride.
You know that your mom is about to come to town that day to see your new baby for the first time.
So you go to all the best baby stores and you bring home lots of new outfits to try on your baby so that when Grandma sees her new grandchild for the first time the baby will shine.

The hour of grandmas visit is at hand.
the baby is washed, and dressed in the best baby clothes that make.
The baby is then wrapped in blanket after blanket and placed in the brand new baby bed .
You make one last adjustment to the blankets, and the door bell rings...

Its Grandma!

You answer the door, greet your mom, and watch her as she walks over to see the child .
She reaches down, moves aside the blankets and picks up the new born...
Then you watch as grandma strips away the coverings to count all the fingers and toes.

Satisfied, and with tears in her eyes, she pronounces the child "Perfect!"

That is the perfection that Jesus asks of us....

To be lacking in nothing.....
Good morning Alan......Having just become a new grandmother...this post made my eyes tear up...as this is what I experienced when my first "perfect" little grandbaby was born 10 months ago...and what I am experiencing in my life each day...I lack in nothing...God is so good to me. God Bless you...and thank you for this precious "story"...

Old 10-15-2009, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Good morning Alan......Havng just become a new grandmother...this post made my eyes tear up...
I wrote it for you....

Old 10-15-2009, 07:56 AM

5,261 posts, read 6,237,725 times
Quote:
I wrote it for you....
Thank you Alan...You have touched my heart in a very deep way...God Bless you.

Old 10-15-2009, 07:58 AM

8,567 posts, read 14,524,507 times
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist
Quote:
No a Christian is someone who believes in virgin birth, death and ressurection of Christ. belief in hell doctrine crosses into heresy but I believe there are heretics in heaven
And yet there is no need to believe in a virgin birth or a resurrection of Christ to follow the philosophy of Jesus.
To me they are simple unnecessary dogmas, which I do not need to love & treat others the way I want to be loved and treated.

BTW wasn't your initial question to define condemning people instead of defining what a Christian is?
Quote:
It's the one's who know they need to change and help to grow are the saved ones and not the ones who think they are complete and need nothing else.
Be that as it may, there are Christians who act like they already know that they will enter heaven (in the afterlife).

Originally Posted by Verna Perry
Quote:
So, yes...I can say with confidence, that I will be accepted into His Kingdom...according to His holy Word...and He is not a God who can lie...and His Word will not return void. I stand upon His every promise to me. I live with peace and joy, in hope...patiently enduring. Amen.
I'm sure the Inquisition believed the same like you, yet they've tortured people in God's name.
What does this say about Christianity?
My point simply is that the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Old 10-15-2009, 08:08 AM

1,895 posts, read 4,042,236 times
Quote:
daily He convicts my heart, but I hear Him, and I love His corrections...I love His attention to me...even when it is because I've said or done something wrong that displeased Him...
You've brayed on several occasions, that you never sin; yet now you are saying this. You're contradicting yourself.
What are you doing that displeases the Lord, yet it is not sin?

Old 10-15-2009, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Thank you Alan...You have touched my heart in a very deep way...God Bless you.
and on a side note...

Not to try to drag this out,,,but there is one more part to that story that I left out until now...

The new parents in the story had went to the best baby stores, and took home the best baby clothes, and had their child dressed and looking sharp.
Then the baby is wrapped in the best baby blankets and placed in the newest and best baby bed,

One last adjustment and the two new parents back up to look at the baby and how the child appears "Just perfect" the parents think to themselves as they admire the bed and the new blankets and baby clothes.

Then...

Then in walks grandma, and what does she do right away?

She reaches down and pulls the blankets out of the way.
The Lifts the baby from the new shiny bed,
Strips off the baby clothes and then carefully examines the child counting the fingers and toes...

In a very real way, this is like the view of the Lord of us too.

We tend to look on the outsides when we think about the question of how we are doing?

Am I perfect?..."Are you perfect Alan?"...and we search in our outward life for the answer to that question.

But God is not at all interested in such things we pile on top of our lives and hide underneath.
In fact God strips away that stuff when he looks at us to judge the state of our "perfection"

God is like Grandma, All that we had so carefully prepared to be judged upon, is stripped away, because it was in the way of seeing the real us....

Old 10-15-2009, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
You've brayed on several occasions, that you never sin; yet now you are saying this. You're contradicting yourself.
What are you doing that displeases the Lord, yet it is not sin?
Christy thinks there will be alot of very shocked people, those who pridefully and confidentally assert that they lack nothing, when they stand before God one day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or