Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2009, 06:54 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I just worry that their efforts to frighten or threaten others does THEM more damage than good . . . because that state of mind is incompatible with the love of God.
Harms them, yes, but it can also harm those that they are trying to frighten and threaten as well as any who read their words, especially those who don't yet have the strength to comprehend the breadth and length and height and depth of the love of God.

But I realize that we don't fight against flesh and blood. It's not Verna or anyone else who teaches ET who is the Enemy. The Enemy is the powers and principalities of darkness and those powers & principalities are overcome with the armor of God. I am grateful for all of you who faithfully wield the sword of the Spirit here on this forum, not to cut down and destroy others, but to expose the darkness for what it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2009, 11:20 AM

63,810 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
The problem is this, none of you respect the Written Word of the Living God...called Scripture. It is beyond me how a group of "so-called" christians can sit there, in your seats and type all this crap about how much you know...rattleing off your little verses that you've picked up from someone somewhere that you can try and twist to support your lies, (to no avail by the way) only for me or someone else, (who honestly understands what the verses you choose truly mean), to be able to simply go and locate the verses and post them...IN CONTEXT...proving to you and the world reading this, that the Bible is saying that there are contengencies to receiving the promises and blessing of God! What part of, "You do not understand what the Word is saying!!!" do you not understand? You are all so deceived...SO BLIND...I'm just stunned at the ignorance!
I am stunned at the deliberate retention of ignorance and praising the rejection of the most current knowledge as "faith" in the ignorant primitive descriptions and understandings of God from savage minds thousands of years ago. If anyone needed proof of the power and principalities of evil and their triumph over human understanding using our human weaknesses . . . that would be it.
Quote:
None of you believe the Written Word. None of you! It's no secret! All anyone has to do with any intelligence at all, is read the Scripture, without twisting and turning it in any fashion, and come away understanding that what it is saying is what it is saying, which is NOT EVERYONE WILL BE SAVED!!!...PERIOD!!!

Any verse you choose can be proved to say that if a person is not born again...changed...tansformed...in the Spirit of Christ, by faith , through grace...and live and walk in the spirit and the will of God and not in the flesh...submitting to and obeying His commands...and obediently, with patience is waiting on the Lord, and accomplishing all of this BEFORE THEY DIE...THAT THEY WILL NOT ENTER INTO THE KINGDOM OF GOD!!! EVER!!! THERE IS NO SIN ALLOWED!
No one is claiming sin is allowed, Verna . . . that is your understanding . . . not ours. We are absolutely convinced that there will NOT be ANY ETERNAL consequence for what occurs in our finite (less than 100+ years) human life. THAT is what is ridiculous! Your obedience rationale is the primitive version produced by primitive minds incapable of even contemplating the idea of self-control for love because that is what WE would WANT . . . not just to avoid punishment or gain reward.
Quote:
So stop quoting verses from a Sacred Book, that is divinely inspired by God Himself, and respected by true Christians, who live and breath and stand upon and walk by!! If you think it is MISTRANSLATED...THEN DON'T USE IT!...PERIOD!!! Either it is ALL the truth or it isn't...take your pick, but stop tearing it apart and defiling it, and using it in your most profane way! STOP!!! If you cannot type an entire chapter, and support every word in that chapter...then you have no business quoting it in any way, shape or form, ESPECIALLY by your little "lone-maiden", out of context verses, that absolutely DO NOT mean what you so desperately want them to mean!
With all due respect to your zeal, Verna . . . YOU do NOT ABSOLUTELY KNOW ANYTHING about what the spiritual intent of the scriptures are. They are USEFUL for instruction . . . but they are only God-INSPIRED . . . NOT DICTATED. That means that the human receivers had to use their primitive CARNAL minds and understandings about God to try to present the SPIRITUAL messages. You mistakenly believe it is ONLY mistranslation . . . BUT it is also carnal MISUNDERSTANDING using human concepts of jealousy, wrath, anger, hatred, vengeance, etc. . . . and God has NONE of those characteristics. They are HUMAN weaknesses.
Quote:
This is a Christian forum...and a true Christian is someone who BELIEVES in the Living and the Written Word of the Living God above...BOTH the Living and the Written Word...BOTH!
Believing and understanding are two very different things, Verna. Besides ONLY God KNOWS who is a "true Christian" and who is not. You presume too much!
Quote:
And isn't it just amazing how I and others who are true Christians,
Prideful and dangerous, Verna.
Quote:
can quote an entire chapter and it TOTALLY...by EVERY WORD, supports what we are teaching about what God's heart is trying to teach us all!! And we don't have to change a single word!!! Isn't that just phenominal!!! That we actually teach what it says!!! Only for you all to totally ignore it! You totally ignore the truth..instead you just twist it...right in front of the whole world's eyes to see.
You fool no one...and especially a true Christian...a true Believer in the Word...and especially not me.
You're lost...and I pray to God that all your eyes will be opened to the truth.
All readers THINK that what they understand about what they read is correct . . . ALL. That does NOT make them correct. Education and knowledge are pre-requisites to clear and accurate understanding of modern writing . . to presume to understand ancient recordings by simple reading as if they were written for modern audiences is arrogant.

Old 10-14-2009, 07:14 PM

1,952 posts, read 4,789,944 times
Quote:
THAT THEY WILL NOT ENTER INTO THE KINGDOM OF GOD!!! EVER!!! THERE IS NO SIN ALLOWED!
So stop quoting verses from a Sacred Book, that is divinely inspired by God Himself, and respected by true Christians, who live and breath and stand upon and walk by!! If you think it is MISTRANSLATED...THEN DON'T USE IT!...PERIOD!!! Either it is ALL the truth or it isn't...take your pick, but stop tearing it apart and defiling it, and using it in your most profane way! STOP!!!
My goodness, I believe it's time for your Xanax, dear.

Old 10-14-2009, 07:26 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,761,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
She really gets worked up doesn't she? All angry and shouting threats of everlasting hellfire. She doesn't understand that she is on the verge of burning her own house down. Its just the symptoms of brainwashing rearing their ugly head at the prospect of true revelation.

Old 10-14-2009, 07:31 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
lol

Old 10-14-2009, 08:11 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,154,249 times
I think attacking her personally is very unChrist like. And then to go along with it is even worse.

Keep showing the true colors folks. They always do in the end.

Old 10-14-2009, 08:20 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,528,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
I think attacking her personally is very unChrist like. And then to go along with it is even worse.

It was funny in the sense that pills to solve anything to me but also I don't think they were trying to BE christ-like... I have a guy at my office who always says the same word wrong and he laughs at himself.... it's ok to admit that the post was a little harsh on the eyes with the caps and bolded words... add to that the starting sentence is accusatory... then the content is very abrasive...

All in all it seems as if it was put together by some one having a bad day, and some people taking xanax for that... There is a pill for every thing. Watch out for the side effects though...
  • unusual risk-taking behavior, decreased inhibitions, no fear of danger;
  • depressed mood, thoughts of suicide or hurting yourself;
  • hyperactivity, agitation, hostility, hallucinations;
  • feeling light-headed, fainting;
  • seizure (convulsions);
  • urinating less than usual or not at all;
  • muscle twitching, tremor; or
  • jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes).
Less serious Xanax side effects may include:
  • drowsiness, dizziness, feeling irritable;
  • amnesia or forgetfulness, trouble concentrating;
  • sleep problems (insomnia);
  • muscle weakness, lack of balance or coordination, slurred speech;
  • blurred vision;
  • nausea, vomiting, constipation, appetite or weight changes;
  • dry or watery mouth, increased sweating; or
  • loss of interest in sex.
Side effects other than those listed here may also occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.

Even pharmacuetical companies have a sense of humor!

Old 10-14-2009, 08:59 PM

1,952 posts, read 4,789,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post

But of course! I'm sure anything that I post, related to her, will be deemed by you as "very unChrist-like."

Yes, true colors always do show in the end, as does blatant hypocrisy - I agree with you there. Someone who always trumpets how they never sin, etc., while they are on here, gossiping mercilessly about their pastor, calling other folks liars.....if that sort of behavior is not worthy of being deemed a "personal attack," I surely don't know what is.

I cannot tolerate self-righteous hypocrisy.

Old 10-14-2009, 09:23 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,500,153 times
Quote:
But of course! I'm sure anything that I post, related to her, will be deemed by you as "very unChrist-like."

Yes, true colors always do show in the end, as does blatant hypocrisy - I agree with you there. Someone who always trumpets how they never sin, etc., while they are on here, gossiping mercilessly about their pastor, calling other folks liars.....if that sort of behavior is not worthy of being deemed a "personal attack," I surely don't know what is.

I cannot tolerate self-righteous hypocrisy.
Exactly. For him to call the reply to that post by verna un-christlike is unbelievable. The last line in your post above says it all.

Old 10-14-2009, 10:11 PM

3,067 posts, read 4,103,910 times
topic lost....

conversation ....is there any?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity