U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 06:42 PM

48 posts, read 83,224 times

Advertisements

How many of you church goers attend church three times a week.

Sunday AM
Sunday PM
Mid week bible study

Actually, only since WWII has there been a Sunday PM service with a mid week bible study.

Curious as the replies.

HAve a good evening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2009, 08:00 PM

15,141 posts, read 8,229,213 times
For most of my life, I did just that. The church I belong to now is quite large. The Sunday night service is a repeat of the AM services (IOW, some members just attend at night). My wife & I teach a Bible study on Thursday nights at a friends house.

Old 10-11-2009, 08:02 PM

7,374 posts, read 7,198,849 times
I "go to church" every hour of every day ... My body is my temple ... I don't however practice organized religion.

Old 10-11-2009, 08:14 PM

2,945 posts, read 11,937,729 times
I have a sneaking suspicion this will be one of a very few threads or posts from the op. It appears that when things get a bit slow or dull on this forum, you see a host of one-time posts to get things going. Are you one of of them? :-)

I have lived in many countries that practice a range of religions. Religion was created by man not by some devine entity.

Old 10-11-2009, 08:49 PM

1,405 posts, read 2,109,024 times
I live in the bible belt, Sabbath keepers I know go to church on Saturday morning and Wed. nights, most of the other Christian denominations go three times a week here, twice on Sunday and on Wed. nights.

For myself, I attend a Church building when my spirit prompts me, or when I hear of a bible study on Wed nights that I would like to attend. The denomination matters not to me for the most part.

Old 10-12-2009, 05:50 PM

580 posts, read 632,096 times
Sunday, adults 9 am and 10:30 am. all children 10:30 am, Teens have church at 10 am and 6 pm Sunday .
Tuesday, 6 pm Homeless outreach.
Wednesday, adults, teens, children, 7 pm,
Thursday, 11 am Bible Study. Music minstry 7pm

Old 10-12-2009, 06:08 PM

13,459 posts, read 21,202,746 times
Almost everyone in this area which is rather rural and most people if not related grew up beside one another...Church attendance Once, twice or three times a week is pretty much the norm around here. It is very much a part of their lives because their parents, and the generations before them attended church..

I respect and love these people and their vast differences in their worship services..I have come to know that although some of their doctrine may be different from the church just down the road that there is one thing in common.. We all believe that Jesus was the son of God who gave himself over the ultimate sacrifice for our sins..and that makes us all brothers and sisters in Christ..

Old 10-12-2009, 07:03 PM

15,141 posts, read 8,229,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Almost everyone in this area which is rather rural and most people if not related grew up beside one another...Church attendance Once, twice or three times a week is pretty much the norm around here. It is very much a part of their lives because their parents, and the generations before them attended church..

I respect and love these people and their vast differences in their worship services..I have come to know that although some of their doctrine may be different from the church just down the road that there is one thing in common.. We all believe that Jesus was the son of God who gave himself over the ultimate sacrifice for our sins..and that makes us all brothers and sisters in Christ..
Amen!

Old 10-15-2009, 11:38 AM

435 posts, read 1,048,273 times
I haven't been to church in years, believe or not.

Old 10-15-2009, 05:03 PM

4,883 posts, read 5,117,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
I "go to church" every hour of every day ... My body is my temple ... I don't however practice organized religion.
AMEN and pass the Cheetos to that my brother!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or