U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2009, 07:50 AM

8,989 posts, read 12,448,301 times

Advertisements

Sheep Among Wolves, Part 1 :: Grace to You

Sheep Among Wolves, Part 2 :: Grace to You

Jesus says, "I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves; be ye, therefore, wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. But beware of men; for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues, and ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles. But when they deliver you up, be not anxious how or what ye shall speak; for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak. For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father who speaks in you. And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child; and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death. And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake, but he that endures to the end shall be saved. But when they persecute you in this city, flee into another; for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come......"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2009, 10:50 AM

7,788 posts, read 10,444,975 times
June read. June found a few things rather 'compelling.'

What she found the most compelling, however, was the fact that (the articles) seemed to convey to her but one side of the overall equation. June says that, in part, as a nonbeliever for whom your religion has more or less caused her to think the exact opposite from what the author writes. June has no doubt -and history has clearly proven- that Christians have and at times will be treated badly; even persecuted. However, to depict the persecution of individuals as the "mission" behind how they are meant or called to live their lives as Christians would seem a bit odd to June. June bolded the last sentence, below (taken from the first article) as she has always thought the opposite to be true:

That when someone genuinelly, truly represents Christ, (due to His living within them) June was the last one who ever wished to savagely tear the person to shreds like the vicious 'wolf' indicated in the article. To the contrary, those times when June has encountered Christians who truly seemed to possess "something" that one might attribute as being of/from Christ, representing Christ and acting accordingly, June quite easily found herself attracted to that person.

--Because June is attracted to those who possess a kind and loving spirit. -Along with a sense of compassion and acceptance of a wolf such as herself, June would have to say that she has, in fact, been oh so very drawn to just such Christians. Even as an atheist.

So June respectfully, humbly, as the little heathen though she may be, refutes your posted article(s). She also, (just for the record) is not a wolf. (Even when she is called upon to act as a moderator having to do the occasional, unfortunate things that mods sometimes have to do...Still not a wolf! Nope, not June! Uh-uh, no.)

"Look at verse 22 again. "You shall be hated of all for My name's sake." The concept of 'name' there refers to all that Christ is. 'In the name of Christ' is the sum of all that He is. It's because of who He is and what He's done that we are persecuted. Mark this: if we are persecuted because of who Christ is and what He has done, it has to be very obvious that we and Christ are doing together what we are doing. In other words, if Christ is not made manifest, no one will persecute Him in me. But when I am persecuted, it is because I represent Christ; it is because He is in me, living His life. It is because I reflect Christ in the world that I am persecuted."

Take gentle shepard care.

Old 10-12-2009, 11:00 AM

8,989 posts, read 12,448,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
June read. June found a few things rather 'compelling.'

What she found the most compelling, however, was the fact that (the articles) seemed to convey to her but one side of the overall equation. June says that, in part, as a nonbeliever for whom your religion has more or less caused her to think the exact opposite from what the author writes. June has no doubt -and........
I like what you had to say June but one problem. You are not the "wolf" Macarthur refers to.

Old 10-12-2009, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I like what you had to say June but one problem. You are not the "wolf" Macarthur refers to.
"phew!"

After that last thread in which you informed June that she was a child of the devil, she figured that quite possibly being a wolf (or at least a little 'wolverette') would be a step up!

P.S. ...Does this mean that June's still goin' to heaven?

Old 10-12-2009, 12:09 PM

30,138 posts, read 19,964,744 times
Quote:
"phew!"

After that last thread in which you informed June that she was a child of the devil, she figured that possibly being a wolf (or at least a little 'wolverette') would be a step up!

P.S. ...Does this mean that June's still goin' to heaven?
Not according to Macarthur you won't and guess whose a disciple of Macarthur , and it's not little red riding hood .

Old 10-12-2009, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post

it's not little red riding hood.

Now don't make June sad.

(Oh, and be nice, or even June'll sick the wolves on ya!)

Old 10-12-2009, 12:27 PM

30,138 posts, read 19,964,744 times
Quote:
Now don't make June sad.

(Oh, and be nice, or even June'll sick the wolves on ya!)
June just trying to help you dodge the bullet .And it's not friendly fire no matter how much they dress it up , after they have taken aim at you.

Old 10-12-2009, 12:34 PM

4,512 posts, read 6,579,874 times
as the irish would say, or rather have a song ending with the "refrain" (=chorus):.. it's a service to the nation..

good piece, imho.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity