U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 10:29 PM

1,405 posts, read 2,111,322 times

Advertisements

The Bema seat is more like an awards ceremony for the Christian. Since we aren’t saved by our works, but by our faith, this judgment is not related to salvation, but to the things the Christian has done since becoming saved that have furthered the work of the Kingdom. The “race we’ve run,” so to speak.

My heart's desire is to hear these words from my Lord, the King of Kings . . "WELL DONE, THOU GOOD AND FAITHFUL SERVANT" (Matt. 25:21).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2009, 11:17 PM

580 posts, read 632,725 times
Hebrews 8:12
For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more." [ Jer. 31:31-34]
Hebrews 10:17
Then he adds: "Their sins and lawless acts I will remember no more." [ Jer. 31:34]
Acts 3:19
Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord,
All your sins have been paid for with the blood of Jesus. He took all your sins of yesterday, today and tomorrow and nailed them to the cross. Judgement for the saved is their good deeds.
God cannot lie. (Just a few scriptures. Hope they encourage you.)

Old 10-14-2009, 10:17 AM

10,191 posts, read 10,567,261 times
Quote:
God cannot lie. (Just a few scriptures. Hope they encourage you.)
Thank you much, Mercy. That gives me great encouragement!

Old 10-17-2009, 12:57 AM

580 posts, read 632,725 times
Talking Judgement Seat of Christ

Just happened to be doing a Bible study with my Son and the Lord was giving me more scripture on this subject, so I thought I would share.

John 3:16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. 19This is the verdict: (judgement has already taken place)Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God."
John 5:24
"Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life.
This also does not say anything about being judged for good deeds.
John 12:47 "As for those who hear my words but do not keep them, I do not judge them. For I did not come to judge the world, but to save the world. (Judgement was already pronounced in John 3:19)

John 12:48 There is a judge for those who reject me and do not accept my words; the very words I have spoken will condemn them at the last day.
1 Corinthians 11:27 So then, whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord. 28 Everyone ought to examine themselves before they eat of the bread and drink of the cup. 29 For those who eat and drink without discerning the body of Christ eat and drink judgment on themselves. 30 That is why many among you are weak and sick, and a number of you have fallen asleep. 31 But if we were more discerning with regard to ourselves, we would not come under such judgment. 32 Nevertheless, when we are judged in this way by the Lord, we are being disciplined so that we will not be finally condemned with the world. We are judged now and disciplined.
1 Peter 4:6 For this is the reason the gospel was preached even to those who are now dead, so that they might be judged according to human standards in regard to the body, but live according to God in regard to the spirit.
If we that are saved and judged by human standards, then when the body is dead, there is no judgement. The gospel is preached so all have a chance through Christ to be judged and disciplined now, while our bodies are alive on earth. Remember the world is already condemned.
This last scripture I reread over and over.
Revelation 20:12 And I saw the dead,(We are not dead) great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead (again, we that are saved, not dead, we have passed from death to life on earth, through Christ our Savior)were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books.

Have you ever had your heart do somersaults?

Old 10-17-2009, 01:17 AM

3,586 posts, read 5,348,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Thank you much, Mercy. That gives me great encouragement!
I was sensing that you were asking for a personal reason. Just my opinion, but God says that once He forgive us of our sins, He forgives them to not remember them any more. God is not choosing to have a bad memory, but for His shake He puts the sin of us repented out of His mind.

So, by that being said, God said that He want remember our sins, so God want lie and then bring the sin back up during judgement. If He did, that means that God would be a lier and we know that God does not lie.

In Isaiah 43:25 it says, "I, even I, am He who blots out your transgressions for My own sake; and I will not remember your sins."

Have you ever noticed ( if you have the Holy Spirit) that He will bring up a unrepented sin, not to condemn you but for you to repent of it, then He never brings it up again. But what happens sometimes is that satan will keep bringing the sin up to condemn you, and God does not condemn.

He may bring your sin up so you can repent of it and He never brings it up again. Now if you keep sinning, God will keep bringing that sin to your mind wanting you to repent and turn away from that sin.

So, if you are condemned from a past repented sin, that is satan, not God.

But if you are sinning the Holy Spirit will aggitate your conscious to turn away from it wanting you to repent. Sadly, people override the Holy Spirit in their conscious,and there concious is scared and they are not sensitive enough anymore when they sin. Sin becomes their life because they ignore what they spirit is saying and grieve Him. Often times you find that these people have hardened their heart also towards God.

Old 10-17-2009, 08:59 AM

20,323 posts, read 15,678,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercy777 View Post
Just happened to be doing a Bible study with my Son and the Lord was giving me more scripture on this subject, so I thought I would share.

John 3:16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. 19This is the verdict: (judgement has already taken place)Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God."
John 5:24
"Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life.
This also does not say anything about being judged for good deeds.
John 12:47 "As for those who hear my words but do not keep them, I do not judge them. For I did not come to judge the world, but to save the world. (Judgement was already pronounced in John 3:19)

John 12:48 There is a judge for those who reject me and do not accept my words; the very words I have spoken will condemn them at the last day.
1 Corinthians 11:27 So then, whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord. 28 Everyone ought to examine themselves before they eat of the bread and drink of the cup. 29 For those who eat and drink without discerning the body of Christ eat and drink judgment on themselves. 30 That is why many among you are weak and sick, and a number of you have fallen asleep. 31 But if we were more discerning with regard to ourselves, we would not come under such judgment. 32 Nevertheless, when we are judged in this way by the Lord, we are being disciplined so that we will not be finally condemned with the world. We are judged now and disciplined.
1 Peter 4:6 For this is the reason the gospel was preached even to those who are now dead, so that they might be judged according to human standards in regard to the body, but live according to God in regard to the spirit.
If we that are saved and judged by human standards, then when the body is dead, there is no judgement. The gospel is preached so all have a chance through Christ to be judged and disciplined now, while our bodies are alive on earth. Remember the world is already condemned.
This last scripture I reread over and over.
Revelation 20:12 And I saw the dead,(We are not dead) great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead (again, we that are saved, not dead, we have passed from death to life on earth, through Christ our Savior)were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books.

Have you ever had your heart do somersaults?

1)Sin was judged at the Cross. Romans 8:3 For what the law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, God did; sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh.

2)Works of the believer are judged (evaluated) for the purpose of rewards at the judgment seat of Christ, 2 Corinthians 5:10 For we (believers) must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may be recompensed for his deed in the body, according to what he has done, whether good (gold, silver, and precious stones) or bad (wood, hay, and stubble.)

3)The unbeliever is sentenced at the Great White Thrown Judgment to the eternal lake of fire on the basis of his works because he rejected the work of Christ on the Cross. Revelation 20:11:15 v12) And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and the books were opened; and another book was opened, which is the book of life; and the dead were judged from the things which were written in the books, according to their deeds. 13) And the sea gave up the dead which were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead which were in them; and they were judged, every one of them according to their deeds.

Old 10-17-2009, 09:41 AM

11,825 posts, read 9,826,600 times
When We Appear Before the Judgment Seat of Christ
.......who asks this question....

'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink?'

Old 10-17-2009, 09:47 AM

3,067 posts, read 3,490,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
.......who asks this question....

'
The people who were placed on the right side...the righteous

Old 10-17-2009, 10:28 AM

11,825 posts, read 9,826,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
The people who were placed on the right side...the righteous
Yes and also the unrighteous, those on Jesus' left.

They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?'

The point is that both groups ask the same question, yet Jesus has two very different answers with two very different outcomes.

What made the difference if your judged on your deeds?

Old 10-17-2009, 10:59 AM

3,067 posts, read 3,490,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post

What made the difference if your judged on your deeds?
the actions of each...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or