U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 04:31 PM

32,238 posts, read 21,119,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
The guide here is said to be Sarah, the wife of Abraham.
Remember she was not ashamed to call her husband "Master"

While the term "My Master" is a bit old now, I do expect "Sir" when addressing me in front of the kids or in church...

When we are alone, then the more friendly "Mr Alan" will do fine.
lol

Old 10-12-2009, 04:31 PM

8,989 posts, read 12,720,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred0005 View Post
This is exactly why I'm no longer a Christian. Why should the woman, especially today's woman, be subservient to ANYONE? I can understand being subservient to God, but man? Uhh, no. This is just another example of how women in the bible are considered inferior. This is not suprising when the whole religion is male-centered, Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. There is no room for the female, much less the female divine and that's why I personally can't subscribe to this faith and I can't understand how any woman would. What is to be accomplished by having the male only as the head of the household, why can't man and wife be equal, and equally deferential to God?
NEWSFLASH! You were never a Christian. You cannot be saved and then unsaved. God is working in you as He brings you to Him for the first time in your life where you will truly understand things and put them in perspective. Moderator cut: edit

Last edited by june 7th; 10-12-2009 at 04:39 PM.. Reason: Members can post what they wish so long as they are adhering to the TOS.

Old 10-12-2009, 04:38 PM

7,813 posts, read 10,706,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post

I do expect "Sir" when addressing me in front of the kids or in church...

When we are alone, then the more friendly "Mr Alan" will do fine.

Really? (Genuine question.) You ask Mrs. Molstad to address you using "Mister" in more informal settings?

(Alan, are you pulling June's leg here?)

Old 10-12-2009, 04:49 PM

3,067 posts, read 3,574,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
You ask Mrs. Molstad to address you using "Mister" in more informal settings?
ask?.....ask?...

I dont ask....

Old 10-12-2009, 05:59 PM

124 posts, read 282,487 times
Moderator cut:

Orphaned (VERY orphaned) post!

Oh you are funny! But does she really call you Sir???? Say it isn't so....I've never heard such a weird thing!

Last edited by june 7th; 10-12-2009 at 07:40 PM..

Old 10-12-2009, 06:01 PM

124 posts, read 282,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
NEWSFLASH! You were never a Christian. You cannot be saved and then unsaved. God is working in you as He brings you to Him for the first time in your life where you will truly understand things and put them in perspective. Moderator cut: edit

No No No!!! You CANNOT make that judgment! God, assuming he is real, is the only one who can decide that! And that is also assuming that the bible is the real book....I'm just saying....

Old 10-12-2009, 06:09 PM

40,095 posts, read 26,755,929 times
Quote:
You really need to consider changing your screen name, Fundy. Moderator cut: deleted

Last edited by june 7th; 10-14-2009 at 08:43 AM.. Reason: Please don't post thiat.

Old 10-12-2009, 06:17 PM

8,989 posts, read 12,720,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Feel_Fat_2 View Post
No No No!!! You CANNOT make that judgment! God, assuming he is real, is the only one who can decide that! And that is also assuming that the bible is the real book....I'm just saying....
I didn't judge, I said that you cannot be saved and then unsaved. How does the Holy Spirit dwell in you and then leave you? what is that verse? Moderator cut: deleted by the MODERATOR. (That's June.)

Last edited by june 7th; 10-12-2009 at 07:41 PM.. Reason: Please use Report Post function...

Old 10-12-2009, 06:35 PM

24,889 posts, read 21,069,710 times
Quote:
Throwing strawman's of things you don't fully understand in the mosaic Laws to the New Covenant. Furthermore you are not even close to being accurate Moderator cut: deleted
If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, 29 he shall pay the girl's father fifty shekels of silver. [c] He must marry the girl, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives.

Deuteronomy 20 through 29 details rape quite well in biblical terms.

If a man and woman sleep together, and the woman is married, or pledged to be married they are both to be stoned to death.

If a man rapes a virgin, who is plaged to be married, and he is caught, then he has to pay the father.

Do you understand English?

Old 10-12-2009, 06:43 PM

3,067 posts, read 3,574,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Feel_Fat_2 View Post
Oh you are funny! But does she really call you Sir???? Say it isn't so....I've never heard such a weird thing!
Last week my family was helping the local church Pastor do some work around the church building..
I was at work, but I called my wife on her cellphone and she talked to me while the Head Pastor was in the church kitchen with her.

After the call ended, the head Pastor called outside to his wife and had her join them in the Kitchen.

He told his wife, "Do you know what this your girl just called her husband?....she called him "Sir"....I think that was wonderful!"

Now I cant speak for any of the heathen Moderator cut: "young ladies" would have sufficed some guys marry, but I think that every good "Christian" women knows deep down in her heart that there is nothing more pleasing to God, then for Him to hear her call her husband "Sir"

"my Lord" works too, but "Sir" is acceptable.

Last edited by june 7th; 10-12-2009 at 07:06 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or