Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 06:03 PM

388 posts, read 855,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
I was in a Christian fellowship meeting once where we were talking about the role of a husband over his wife in the family.
There was one wife there that objected to about every verse that was talked about dealing with the duty of a Christian wife to submit at all times to her husband.

She told me that she could never be submissive, and that her marriage was fine without paying attention to all that bible "crap"

Well my answer put her in her place , I tell you!

I told her that I was happy her marriage had lasted as long as it had with her attitude.
I told her that I hope your husband stays true to his wedding vows for as long as you both shall live.
But then I told her something else....

Then I said-
"If your husband ever does cheat on you, I cant predict off-hand what that girl he cheats on you with looks like.
I cant predict that she is thinner than you
I don't know if she is prettier than you
I don't know if she has bigger boobs.
But there is one thing I know about her just from talking to you for these few moments.
I know she has learned the value of submitting to attract your man and keep him interested."

That shut her up...

Is this how you think for real? You think a man cheats because of some submission issue? Most women are not even into "submission" if you didn't notice. Women's lib and all that...Aren't you guys supposed to love your wife as Christ loved the church? That includes shutting them up huh? Show me that scripture. And I notice you didn't answer about Sarah getting her "master" to have sex with their help to conceive a child. This is our example of a woman to be looked up to?

Old 10-13-2009, 06:12 PM

3,067 posts, read 4,102,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueman_fan1 View Post
That includes shutting them up huh? Show me that scripture.
1 Timothy 2:12
"I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent."

Old 10-13-2009, 06:15 PM

Quote:
And I notice you didn't answer about Sarah getting her "master" to have sex with their help to conceive a child. This is our example of a woman to be looked up to?
Yes, Sarah only wanted her husband to be happy.
She put her husbands need for a son above her own feelings, so much so that she came up with the idea that her husband should have sex with the young slave girl....

Now thats what I call a wife being a really good sport...

Old 10-13-2009, 08:34 PM

Quote:
1 Timothy 2:12
"I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent."
Quote:
Yes, Sarah only wanted her husband to be happy.
She put her husbands need for a son above her own feelings, so much so that she came up with the idea that her husband should have sex with the young slave girl....

Now thats what I call a wife being a really good sport...

Your other post had nothing to do with a woman teaching a man. It was about getting cheated on, not teaching. Nice try.

Well since Sarah is a woman's shining example I suppose that couples who can't conceive should just have a stand in sex slave if it is okay with the wife. Isn't that what you are suggesting? If it happened anywhere in the Bible it surely must be good and right. Especially if it is degrading to women.

Old 10-13-2009, 08:41 PM

1,413 posts, read 2,462,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
This sort of reminds me of how the church I once attended took up for my H when he cheated on me with another married woman..They said I HAD to have done something wrong.. Then they wanted to know when I was going to rededicate
Good Grief!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-13-2009, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Your other post had nothing to do with a woman teaching a man. It was about getting cheated on, not teaching. Nice try.
Yes it did!!!!

My post was about a Christian wife in my Bible class that said she would not follow the Bible on the topic of a woman submitting to her husband.

In my story of that event that I posted on the forum here, I told you how as the marriage class went on she objected to every Bible verse that was listed to show she was in error about her teachings.

I said that my answer to her really shut her up.

You then posted that you would like to see where getting a woman to be silent is supported in the Bible?
, and I have shown you a great example that is right on the numbers with all that I have said.....

Trust me,
if I have posted it, I got a verse to support it....

Old 10-13-2009, 10:04 PM

Quote:

Well since Sarah is a woman's shining example ....
Yes, the Bible lifts up the person of Sarah as a good example for all Christian wives to follow.

The thing we can learn from her life is that she always put the needs of her husband above her own.

She was not afraid to call her husband "Master"

This type of submitting to authority within the marriage is something that should be seen by all wives as their goal...

Can I get an "Amen!" my brothers?.......

Old 10-14-2009, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Yes it did!!!!

My post was about a Christian wife in my Bible class that said she would not follow the Bible on the topic of a woman submitting to her husband.

In my story of that event that I posted on the forum here, I told you how as the marriage class went on she objected to every Bible verse that was listed to show she was in error about her teachings.

I said that my answer to her really shut her up.

You then posted that you would like to see where getting a woman to be silent is supported in the Bible?
, and I have shown you a great example that is right on the numbers with all that I have said.....

Trust me,
if I have posted it, I got a verse to support it....
No it didn't. That woman was not teaching you anything.

Old 10-14-2009, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Yes, the Bible lifts up the person of Sarah as a good example for all Christian wives to follow.

The thing we can learn from her life is that she always put the needs of her husband above her own.

She was not afraid to call her husband "Master"

This type of submitting to authority within the marriage is something that should be seen by all wives as their goal...

Can I get an "Amen!" my brothers?.......

Well you heard it ladies. Adultery is okay because Sarah was submissive. Just as long as you ladies are okay with it.

Old 10-14-2009, 05:15 AM

Quote:
That woman was not teaching you anything.
Oh you got that Right!

I shut her down!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.