U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 09:50 PM

11,822 posts, read 9,811,723 times

Advertisements

Yes. That is why there are warnings about it.

Hebrews 10:38
But my righteous one will live by faith. And if he shrinks back, I will not be pleased with him."

2 Peter 3:17
Therefore, dear friends, since you already know this, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of lawless men and fall from your secure position.
__________________________________________________ ____
Listen then to what the parable of the sower means:
The one who received the seed that fell on rocky places is the man who hears the word and at once receives it with joy....When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, he quickly falls away
__________________________________________________ __________
Galatians 5:4
You who are trying to be justified by law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace.

Hebrews 6:4-6
It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened...if they fall away, to be brought back to repentance

1 Corinthians 10:12
So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don't fall!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2009, 10:02 PM

580 posts, read 632,096 times
Default Saved and Unsaved

You can grieve and reject the Holy Spirit. Remember? Matthew 12:45 Then it goes and takes with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there. And the final condition of that man is worse than the first. That is how it will be with this wicked generation."
matthew 9: 16"No one sews a patch of unshrunk cloth on an old garment, for the patch will pull away from the garment, making the tear worse. 17Neither do men pour new wine into old wineskins. If they do, the skins will burst, the wine will run out and the wineskins will be ruined. No, they pour new wine into new wineskins, and both are preserved."

Ezekiel 3 Prophecy
Warning to Israel

16 At the end of seven days the word of the LORD came to me: 17 "Son of man, I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning from me. 18 When I say to a wicked man, 'You will surely die,' and you do not warn him or speak out to dissuade him from his evil ways in order to save his life, that wicked man will die for his sin, and I will hold you accountable for his blood. 19 But if you do warn the wicked man and he does not turn from his wickedness or from his evil ways, he will die for his sin; but you will have saved yourself.
20 "Again, when a righteous man turns from his righteousness and does evil, and I put a stumbling block before him, he will die. Since you did not warn him, he will die for his sin. The righteous things he did will not be remembered, and I will hold you accountable for his blood. 21 But if you do warn the righteous man not to sin and he does not sin, he will surely live because he took warning, and you will have saved yourself." 22 The hand of the LORD was upon me there, and he said to me, "Get up and go out to the plain, and there I will speak to you." 23 So I got up and went out to the plain. And the glory of the LORD was standing there, like the glory I had seen by the Kebar River, and I fell facedown. 24 Then the Spirit came into me and raised me to my feet. He spoke to me and said: "Go, shut yourself inside your house. 25 And you, son of man, they will tie with ropes; you will be bound so that you cannot go out among the people. 26 I will make your tongue stick to the roof of your mouth so that you will be silent and unable to rebuke them, though they are a rebellious house. 27 But when I speak to you, I will open your mouth and you shall say to them, 'This is what the Sovereign LORD says.' Whoever will listen let him listen, and whoever will refuse let him refuse; for they are a rebellious house.

Ezekiel 18:
The Soul Who Sins Will Die

1 The word of the LORD came to me: 2 "What do you people mean by quoting this proverb about the land of Israel:
" 'The fathers eat sour grapes,
and the children's teeth are set on edge'?
3 "As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign LORD, you will no longer quote this proverb in Israel. 4 For every living soul belongs to me, the father as well as the sonóboth alike belong to me. The soul who sins is the one who will die.
5 "Suppose there is a righteous man
who does what is just and right.
6 He does not eat at the mountain shrines
or look to the idols of the house of Israel.
He does not defile his neighbor's wife
or lie with a woman during her period.
7 He does not oppress anyone,
but returns what he took in pledge for a loan.
He does not commit robbery
but gives his food to the hungry
and provides clothing for the naked.
8 He does not lend at usury
or take excessive interest.
He withholds his hand from doing wrong
and judges fairly between man and man.
9 He follows my decrees
and faithfully keeps my laws.
That man is righteous;
he will surely live,
declares the Sovereign LORD.
10 "Suppose he has a violent son, who sheds blood or does any of these other things 11 (though the father has done none of them):
"He eats at the mountain shrines.
He defiles his neighbor's wife.
12 He oppresses the poor and needy.
He commits robbery.
He does not return what he took in pledge.
He looks to the idols.
He does detestable things.
13 He lends at usury and takes excessive interest.
Will such a man live? He will not! Because he has done all these detestable things, he will surely be put to death and his blood will be on his own head.
14 "But suppose this son has a son who sees all the sins his father commits, and though he sees them, he does not do such things:
15 "He does not eat at the mountain shrines
or look to the idols of the house of Israel.
He does not defile his neighbor's wife.
16 He does not oppress anyone
or require a pledge for a loan.
He does not commit robbery
but gives his food to the hungry
and provides clothing for the naked.
17 He withholds his hand from sin
and takes no usury or excessive interest.
He keeps my laws and follows my decrees.
He will not die for his father's sin; he will surely live. 18 But his father will die for his own sin, because he practiced extortion, robbed his brother and did what was wrong among his people.
19 "Yet you ask, 'Why does the son not share the guilt of his father?' Since the son has done what is just and right and has been careful to keep all my decrees, he will surely live. 20 The soul who sins is the one who will die. The son will not share the guilt of the father, nor will the father share the guilt of the son. The righteousness of the righteous man will be credited to him, and the wickedness of the wicked will be charged against him.
21 "But if a wicked man turns away from all the sins he has committed and keeps all my decrees and does what is just and right, he will surely live; he will not die. 22 None of the offenses he has committed will be remembered against him. Because of the righteous things he has done, he will live. 23 Do I take any pleasure in the death of the wicked? declares the Sovereign LORD. Rather, am I not pleased when they turn from their ways and live?
24 "But if a righteous man turns from his righteousness and commits sin and does the same detestable things the wicked man does, will he live? None of the righteous things he has done will be remembered. Because of the unfaithfulness he is guilty of and because of the sins he has committed, he will die. 25 "Yet you say, 'The way of the Lord is not just.' Hear, O house of Israel: Is my way unjust? Is it not your ways that are unjust? 26 If a righteous man turns from his righteousness and commits sin, he will die for it; because of the sin he has committed he will die. 27 But if a wicked man turns away from the wickedness he has committed and does what is just and right, he will save his life. 28 Because he considers all the offenses he has committed and turns away from them, he will surely live; he will not die. 29 Yet the house of Israel says, 'The way of the Lord is not just.' Are my ways unjust, O house of Israel? Is it not your ways that are unjust? 30 "Therefore, O house of Israel, I will judge you, each one according to his ways, declares the Sovereign LORD. Repent! Turn away from all your offenses; then sin will not be your downfall. 31 Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heart and a new spirit. Why will you die, O house of Israel? 32 For I take no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Sovereign LORD. Repent and live! There is much on this subject.

Old 10-12-2009, 10:14 PM

Also, the Parable of the Sower,
Matthew 13: 18 "Listen then to what the parable of the sower means: 19 When people hear the message about the kingdom and do not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what was sown in their hearts. This is the seed sown along the path. 20 The seed falling on rocky ground refers to people who hear the word and at once receive it with joy. 21 But since they have no root, they last only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, they quickly fall away. 22 The seed falling among the thorns refers to people who hear the word, but the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke the word, making it unfruitful. 23 But the seed falling on good soil refers to people who hear the word and understand it. They produce a crop, yielding a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown."

These heard the Word, recieved the Word and the Word was sown in their hearts.

Many are invited, few chosen.

Old 10-12-2009, 10:16 PM

Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, "With human beings this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."

Old 10-12-2009, 10:18 PM

Praise God, he has shown you this!

Old 10-12-2009, 10:24 PM

Romans 1:11 I long to see you so that I may impart to you some spiritual gift to make you strongó 12 that is, that you and I may be mutually encouraged by each other's faith
1 Corinthians 14:3 But those who prophesy speak to people for their strengthening, encouragement and comfort.
2 Corinthians 13:11
[ Final Greetings ] Finally, brothers and sisters, rejoice! Strive for full restoration, encourage one another, be of one mind, live in peace. And the God of love and peace will be with you.

Old 10-12-2009, 10:29 PM

5,261 posts, read 6,234,778 times
One can fall back FROM the faith if they are not stedfast, diligent and patient to wait upon God...

Hebrews 6:1-12 states:

Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection, not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

Of the doctrine of Baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgement.

And this will we do if God permit.

For it is impossible for those who were once enlightned, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
And have tasted the good Word of God, and the powers of the world to come;
If they shall fall away, to renue them again unto repentance: seeing they crucified to themsleves the Son of God afresh, and put Him to an open shame.

For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by [or for] whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God.

But that which beareth thorns and briers, is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing, whose end is to be burned.

But beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak.

For God is not unrighteous, to forget your work and labor of love, which ye have shewed toward His Name, in that ye have ministered to the Saints, and do minister.

And we desire, that every one of you do shew the same diligence, to the full assurance of hope unto the end:

That ye be not slothful, but followers of them, who through faith and patience inherit the promises.

Old 10-12-2009, 10:39 PM

2,981 posts, read 4,304,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by (901) View Post
Cool deal. I gave my life to the Lord watching a Billy Graham Crusade from my prison cell in 1996

Once you have given your life over to the Lord and have repented of your known sins the Holy Spirit dwells within you from that point till death. So the answer is NO you cannot lose your Salvation if in fact you had it in the 1st place
Since you are not in the regenerated body then you have salvation by faith.
And many Scriptures tell us quite plainly not to draw back.
Paul said that he would be a reject, a reprobate, a cast away, if he did not bring his [dead in Adam flesh] body under subjection [to the Spirit of Christ within]

1Cr 9:27But I keep under my body, and bring [it] into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway/adokimos.

adokimos AVreprobate 6, castaway 1, rejected 1

Hbr 6:4 For [it is] impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, Hbr 6:6 If they shall fall away/parapiptō, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put [him] to an open shame.

1) to fall beside a person or thing
2) to slip aside
a) to deviate from the right path, turn aside, wander
b) to error
c) to fall away (from the true faith): from worship of Jehovah

Backsliders can repent. As long as they are breathing, there is hope; but there are those who reject Christ as LORD God and Savior after tasting the power of the Holy Spirit, and they are not able to crucify Christ anew, and they are no longer "saved by faith".

To teach that one can continue to walk in subjection to the desires of the fallen nature =the dead in Adam flesh nature, willfully and wantonly, after they have recived the Holy spirit of promise, and remain "saved", is blasphemy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or