U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 09:51 AM

2,996 posts, read 4,763,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Yes, the majority of church fathers professed that the rock was Christ.

Jesus gave the power to bind and loose to the Circumcision believers. He did not tell the apostle Paul to tell the nations we have that right.
The Nations who ARE Born Again in Christ and are a Child of the most High God...have that right and so much more ... even to the extreme of taking authority over satanic attacks in the life of a Believer which are visited on us daily . Every true Follower of Christ who has been redeemed, has the authority of Heaven behind him just as the local Policeman has the entire Law Enforcement Community behind him in case he is tragically murdered, etc..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2011, 11:02 AM

1,785 posts, read 2,926,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
The Nations who ARE Born Again in Christ and are a Child of the most High God...have that right and so much more ... even to the extreme of taking authority over satanic attacks in the life of a Believer which are visited on us daily . Every true Follower of Christ who has been redeemed, has the authority of Heaven behind him just as the local Policeman has the entire Law Enforcement Community behind him in case he is tragically murdered, etc..
Your own mouth condemns you, not mine; your own lips testify against you. (Job 15:6).

The local Policeman has the authority because he is a sworn member of the Law Enforcement Community, which is in turn governed by State Authorities so that all actions taken by said policeman are carried out in adherence to both State and Federal laws. He does not, and cannot, act alone on his own authority.

Whatever authority is exercised in the Church, is exercised in virtue of the commission of Christ. He is the one Prophet, Who has given to the world the revelation of truth, and by His spirit preserves in the Church the faith once delivered to the saints. He is the one Priest, ever pleading on behalf of the Church the sacrifice of Calvary. And He is the one King the chief Shepherd (1 Peter 5:4) Who rules and guides, through His Providence, His Church's course. Yet He wills to exercise His power through earthly representatives. He chose the Twelve, and charged them in His name to teach the nations (Matthew 28:19), to offer sacrifice (Luke 22:19), to govern His flock (Matthew 18:18; John 21:17).

They, as seen above, used the authority committed to them while they lived; and before their death, they took measures for the perpetuation of this principle of government in the Church. From that day to this, the hierarchy established has claimed and has exercised this threefold office. The prophecies of the Old Testament have been fulfilled which foretold that to those who should be appointed to rule the Messianic kingdom it should be granted to participate in the Messias' office of prophet, priest, and king.

Old 11-05-2011, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cokatie View Post
Your own mouth condemns you, not mine; your own lips testify against you. (Job 15:6).

The local Policeman has the authority because he is a sworn member of the Law Enforcement Community, which is in turn governed by State Authorities so that all actions taken by said policeman are carried out in adherence to both State and Federal laws. He does not, and cannot, act alone on his own authority.

Whatever authority is exercised in the Church, is exercised in virtue of the commission of Christ. He is the one Prophet, Who has given to the world the revelation of truth, and by His spirit preserves in the Church the faith once delivered to the saints. He is the one Priest, ever pleading on behalf of the Church the sacrifice of Calvary. And He is the one King — the chief Shepherd (1 Peter 5:4) — Who rules and guides, through His Providence, His Church's course. Yet He wills to exercise His power through earthly representatives. He chose the Twelve, and charged them in His name to teach the nations (Matthew 28:19), to offer sacrifice (Luke 22:19), to govern His flock (Matthew 18:18; John 21:17).

They, as seen above, used the authority committed to them while they lived; and before their death, they took measures for the perpetuation of this principle of government in the Church. From that day to this, the hierarchy established has claimed and has exercised this threefold office. The prophecies of the Old Testament have been fulfilled which foretold that to those who should be appointed to rule the Messianic kingdom it should be granted to participate in the Messias' office of prophet, priest, and king.
Re-read the Great Commision in Matthew to Christ Followers, from Jesus himself. He sends his Followers out in and with all authority , the authority which is from and of him...and in heaven. Each and every true Follower of Christ has the power of Heaven behind him/her . And you dont have to be a Council-ordained Saint who determines such....EVERYONE is a Saint who is IN Christ . This is the inheritance we get when we become Born Again in Christ...and it is not just for deceased Popes who have proven themselves worthy of such an honor due to meritorious works (including 3 bonified confirmed miracles) they performed while alive on earth.

Old 11-05-2011, 06:06 PM

3,803 posts, read 4,813,538 times
Quote:
Re-read the Great Commision in Matthew to Christ Followers, from Jesus himself. He sends his Followers out in and with all authority , the authority which is from and of him...and in heaven. Each and every true Follower of Christ has the power of Heaven behind him/her . And you dont have to be a Council-ordained Saint who determines such....EVERYONE is a Saint who is IN Christ . This is the inheritance we get when we become Born Again in Christ...and it is not just for deceased Popes who have proven themselves worthy of such an honor due to meritorious works (including 3 bonified confirmed miracles) they performed while alive on earth.

please focus on your own religious indoctrination------in saying that your way of thinking is the only correct way you yourself are being less Christlike----we Catholics have our own ideas and in ALL my years of teaching catholicism to students i have never heard unkind put downs from other staff towards non catholic religions(i,myself,spend time on talking about JESUS'S religion-judiaism) yet in my workplace there have been frequent putdowns and disparaging remarks from fundamentalists-----where in their bible is that approved----on topic-----catholics and protestants CAN get along only if they RESPECT and not try to tear apart the other's beliefs--btw--i have always read that christ did call peter the rock on which He would build His church

Old 11-06-2011, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
please focus on your own religious indoctrination------in saying that your way of thinking is the only correct way you yourself are being less Christlike----we Catholics have our own ideas and in ALL my years of teaching catholicism to students i have never heard unkind put downs from other staff towards non catholic religions(i,myself,spend time on talking about JESUS'S religion-judiaism) yet in my workplace there have been frequent putdowns and disparaging remarks from fundamentalists-----where in their bible is that approved----on topic-----catholics and protestants CAN get along only if they RESPECT and not try to tear apart the other's beliefs--btw--i have always read that christ did call peter the rock on which He would build His church
Yes, i know you Catholics have your own way of thinking ; the trouble is, it doesnt line up with holy inspired of God scripture .

But while i have you, can you shed some light on the catholic doctrine found in CCC1477 where it proclaims former (dead) Catholics ,including Mary , have deposited thier good works and deeds into a RCC Treasury whereby living Catholics can draw from and use toward their own eternal salvation ? Id appreciate you as a Catholic Teacher explaining why this is not rank heresy and an incredible slap in the face of the Saviour you claim to love . Thanks.

Old 11-06-2011, 02:23 PM

3,803 posts, read 4,813,538 times
Quote:
Yes, i know you Catholics have your own way of thinking ; the trouble is, it doesnt line up with holy inspired of God scripture .

But while i have you, can you shed some light on the catholic doctrine found in CCC1477 where it proclaims former (dead) Catholics ,including Mary , have deposited thier good works and deeds into a RCC Treasury whereby living Catholics can draw from and use toward their own eternal salvation ? Id appreciate you as a Catholic Teacher explaining why this is not rank heresy and an incredible slap in the face of the Saviour you claim to love . Thanks.
point number one-----it is your own interpretation that does not"line up in your eyes"------unless you have a direct link to jesus telling you a catholic bible is incorrect--you need to correct that statement

number 2------sounds like sarcastic misrepresentation to me--did some catholic offend you many years ago?-----your misrepresentations and outright lies about catholicism smack of a very unchristian attitude and if u are a member of an organized religion u r not representing it in a christian way--my catholic prayers go out to you to heal the bitterness in your heart

'

\

\
\

point number one----------------------------------------------------------------------

Old 11-06-2011, 04:04 PM

3,540 posts, read 5,965,910 times
Quote:

Perhaps you could read CCC 946-959.

Old 11-06-2011, 08:24 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,046,476 times
Quote:
point number one-----it is your own interpretation that does not"line up in your eyes"------unless you have a direct link to jesus telling you a catholic bible is incorrect--you need to correct that statement

number 2------sounds like sarcastic misrepresentation to me--did some catholic offend you many years ago?-----your misrepresentations and outright lies about catholicism smack of a very unchristian attitude and if u are a member of an organized religion u r not representing it in a christian way--my catholic prayers go out to you to heal the bitterness in your heart
But are you going to answer the question?

Old 11-07-2011, 09:13 AM

Quote:

'

\

\
\

point number one----------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is the exact Catechism source for what i mentioned in case you are not familiar with this official RCC teaching , starting with #1475 :

1475 In the communion of saints, "a perennial link of charity exists between the faithful who have already reached their heavenly home, those who are expiating their sins in purgatory and those who are still pilgrims on earth. between them there is, too, an abundant exchange of all good things."[86] In this wonderful exchange, the holiness of one profits others, well beyond the harm that the sin of one could cause others. Thus recourse to the communion of saints lets the contrite sinner be more promptly and efficaciously purified of the punishments for sin.
1476 We also call these spiritual goods of the communion of saints the Church's treasury, which is "not the sum total of the material goods which have accumulated during the course of the centuries. On the contrary the 'treasury of the Church' is the infinite value, which can never be exhausted, which Christ's merits have before God. They were offered so that the whole of mankind could be set free from sin and attain communion with the Father. In Christ, the Redeemer himself, the satisfactions and merits of his Redemption exist and find their effficacy."[87] 1477 "This treasury includes as well the prayers and good works of the Blessed Virgin Mary. They are truly immense, unfathomable, and even pristine in their value before God. In the treasury, too, are the prayers and good works of all the saints, all those who have followed in the footsteps of Christ the Lord and by his grace have made their lives holy and carried out the mission the Father entrusted to them. In this way they attained their own salvation and at the same time cooperated in saving their brothers in the unity of the Mystical Body."[88

Do you care to defend this as truth in light of Gods Word ?

No, Ive not had a Catholic offend me .... Im just called , by Gods Word, to expose all manner of evil and defend the real Gospel of Christ while trying to help you see the error of your ways so you can get back on the right track.

Old 11-07-2011, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
But are you going to answer the question?
I did...see above.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or