U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 08:22 AM

862 posts, read 642,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cokatie View Post
Eusebius, I know I must be missing something, but it seems like you are asking about the issue of circumcision on both your points above? What does the issue of circumcision have to do with any group that fell away from the Roman Catholic Church?
You have to understand that Eusebius is deluded in thinking he is an Catholic expert since he once was a Catholic. If he was a knowledgeable Catholic, he'd still be Catholic.

"To be steeped in history is to cease to be protestant." ~Cardinal Newman
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2011, 04:50 PM

3,803 posts, read 4,805,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
'It seemed like the antithesis of "walk in love".. something being a Christian is supposed to evoke'

REPLY: Even Jesus himself chose a path of righteous anger toward the Money Changers in the Temple and proceeded to let them know why it was an abomination for them to have their own philosophy to do what they were doing. Paul in Galatians 1:1-10 sure didnt hold back when he said if any Teacher proclaims anything else but The Gospel for salvation...let them be accursed (eternally damned) , then, he even repeated it.

It isnt very loving not to correct someone who is walking in drastic error in the form of a different 'gospel' which cannot save if we really care about them . It is wrong and apathetic not to show them the error of their ways and to point out that their Teachers are heretics in accordance to The Bible (and not based on Ones opinion or personal bias....but on the objective BIBLE -- the Word of God whom both sides are supposed to be treating as the Truth Source) .

it is unchristian and prideful to think your way is the only true path to God and judgemental and really not loving--there are many ways to Him and various intrepretations to biblical passages

Old 04-23-2012, 07:21 AM

943 posts, read 1,499,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodToBeHome View Post
The fact that all these lovely Christian denominations bash the Catholic Church is not a problem for me. I take it as a compliment.
shame, shame on you

Old 04-23-2012, 07:25 AM

26,249 posts, read 13,920,882 times

Sure...It is called the Ecumenical Movement...Combining all the worlds religions into one...Smart move, huh?...

Old 04-23-2012, 07:42 AM

943 posts, read 1,499,757 times
Everybody has an answer, don't they.. just like politics.. everyone's answer is the right answer.

Final word.. over and out. talk to the wind

Old 04-23-2012, 03:01 PM

14,752 posts, read 27,525,279 times
Catholics typically get along with Episcopals and Lutherans, and even better with eastern Orthodox religions, from what I've seen. The Greek Orthodox folks put their kids in Catholic schools without batting an eye instead of sending them to public school.

With the other Protestant sects, it's not a guarantee.

Old 04-23-2012, 03:10 PM

14,752 posts, read 27,525,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodToBeHome View Post
The fact that all these lovely Christian denominations bash the Catholic Church is not a problem for me. I take it as a compliment.
The more they bash, the more "hick" they are. That's what I see. Repeatedly.

Old 04-23-2012, 04:13 PM

6,776 posts, read 7,488,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Catholics typically get along with Episcopals and Lutherans, and even better with eastern Orthodox religions, from what I've seen. The Greek Orthodox folks put their kids in Catholic schools without batting an eye instead of sending them to public school.

With the other Protestant sects, it's not a guarantee.
where i come from , thier are little if any tensions between catholics and anglicans - episcopalians but more between catholics and presbyterians who are seen as much more rigidly dogmatic and orthodox , other protestant denominations would be too small to make any real impact

Old 04-27-2012, 07:01 PM

74 posts, read 99,351 times
Red face I'm from a Catholic-Protestant marriage.

My dad is an African Methodist and my mom is a Catholic. I did sometimes go to African Methodist services as a little girl, but I consider myself Catholic.

My parents are divorced now, but they're still friendly with each other. My Protestant relatives accept me despite the fact that I'm not Protestant. I think it's better if we set aside our differences and get along.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or