U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 08:51 AM

51,364 posts, read 50,627,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Yes we haft to get along, Jesus said`` the accuser of the breathern is caste down`` ...... there are days coming soon when Protestant, Catholic churches WILL BE ABSORBED INTO ONE church of Jesus Christ....... Catholic prophecy says that The next pope will be called Pope Peter and he will be a Roman pope, he will be the last Pope of the Vatican, as the result Jesus needs the Vatican for his salvations in the earth...... That means the Protestant churches will also come to an end and be absorbed into one church with our Catholic brothers under the authority and lead of Jesus........ The name of present Pope Benedict came from the same prophet Malachy in the years 1095 A.D.-1148 A.D. This Pope today is over 90 years old, the next Pope is the Last
I just read the novel The Third Secret, which uses Malachy's predictions as part of the story (in addition to the apparitions at Fatima). It sent me to the Internet to read more. Interesting stuff--I was raised Protestant, so I didn't know this stuff. It would be as dismissable to me as the Mayan's calendar ending in 2012, except that this Malachy character already got so much right regarding previous popes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2009, 09:05 AM

125 posts, read 251,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I just read the novel The Third Secret, which uses Malachy's predictions as part of the story (in addition to the apparitions at Fatima). It sent me to the Internet to read more. Interesting stuff--I was raised Protestant, so I didn't know this stuff. It would be as dismissable to me as the Mayan's calendar ending in 2012, except that this Malachy character already got so much right regarding previous popes.

Sure would like to know truthfully what was the 3rd secret of Fatima.

Old 12-31-2009, 09:19 AM

3,540 posts, read 5,963,414 times
Default Can Catholicism and Protestantism get along?

Many of us do.

Old 12-31-2009, 11:29 AM

2,996 posts, read 4,760,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Yes we haft to get along, Jesus said`` the accuser of the breathern is caste down`` ...... there are days coming soon when Protestant, Catholic churches WILL BE ABSORBED INTO ONE church of Jesus Christ....... Catholic prophecy says that The next pope will be called Pope Peter and he will be a Roman pope, he will be the last Pope of the Vatican, as the result Jesus needs the Vatican for his salvations in the earth...... That means the Protestant churches will also come to an end and be absorbed into one church with our Catholic brothers under the authority and lead of Jesus........ The name of present Pope Benedict came from the same prophet Malachy in the years 1095 A.D.-1148 A.D. This Pope today is over 90 years old, the next Pope is the Last
Im sorry, but ecumanism is not what Jesus and the Disciples taught ; in fact, Paul in Galatians 1:6-10 strictly seperated those who taught a different 'gospel' because it was evil and doesnt save . I can share a ProLife Demonstration with Roman Catholics , break bread with them, and have a Bonfire with them....but cannot share in their view of 'salvation' and putting a Catholic CHurch Majesterioum on the same level as the inspired word of God , especially considering all the many madeup doctrines the RCC has come up with over the centuries which nullify much of biblical teachings. See the online book called 'Understanding Roman Catholicism' by Rick James to see approx. 33 major differences between the RCC teachings and The Bible because of madeup papal doctrines.

Finally, I urge you to get your teaching from the Bible and not the madeup doctrines, philosophy, and religiousity of men in silk garb . Ephesians 2:8-10 . Regards.

Old 12-31-2009, 11:41 AM

3,540 posts, read 5,963,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
Im sorry, but ecumanism is not what Jesus and the Disciples taught ; in fact, Paul in Galatians 1:6-10 strictly seperated those who taught a different 'gospel' because it was evil and doesnt save . I can share a ProLife Demonstration with Roman Catholics , break bread with them, and have a Bonfire with them....but cannot share in their view of 'salvation' and putting a Catholic CHurch Majesterioum on the same level as the inspired word of God , especially considering all the many madeup doctrines the RCC has come up with over the centuries which nullify much of biblical teachings. See the online book called 'Understanding Roman Catholicism' by Rick James to see approx. 33 major differences between the RCC teachings and The Bible because of madeup papal doctrines.

Finally, I urge you to get your teaching from the Bible and not the madeup doctrines, philosophy, and religiousity of men in silk garb . Ephesians 2:8-10 . Regards.
So let's see where we can get the information to discern the spirit of the text of scripture;

Rick James
Puffy Haired televangilists
Forumites
Silk Garbed men in high hats
cerebral tweed jacketed theologians
Hoppin boppin slain in the spirit preachers
street corner preachers on a milk crates with cheap sound systems
young WWJD preachers on the boardwalk
Focus on the family
EWTN
the list goes on, and on ,and on

all of the above
none of the above
some of the above

Old 12-31-2009, 11:55 AM

4,368 posts, read 4,094,643 times
Actually in many areas like the NorthEast they do get along.
It seems that only areas such as in the Bible Belt where Catholics only make up a very small part of the population that there seems to be the most problems.
Also forums like this one where you often have posters that take extreme positions there can be problems.
It seems that only conservative fundies be they Catholic or Protestants are the ones that have all the problems. I never see progressive christians be they Catholic, Protestants etc. have the problems that the first group has.
The first group thinks it is all about religion , while the second group believes it is all about the gospels.

Old 12-31-2009, 11:59 AM

1,959 posts, read 4,644,369 times
No. Not as long as the RCC continues to teach heresy.

Old 12-31-2009, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
So let's see where we can get the information to discern the spirit of the text of scripture;

Rick James
Puffy Haired televangilists
Forumites
Silk Garbed men in high hats
cerebral tweed jacketed theologians
Hoppin boppin slain in the spirit preachers
street corner preachers on a milk crates with cheap sound systems
young WWJD preachers on the boardwalk
Focus on the family
EWTN
the list goes on, and on ,and on

all of the above
none of the above
some of the above

Fortunately, The BIble being inspired by God for ALL generations, clearly explains critical doctrines especially on how one can get to heaven by having all their many sins forgiven since that is Gods universal salvation plan for mankind. It is up to the Reader to discover how by appealing to Scripture rather than trusting what someone tells them. Paul commended the Bereans in Acts. 17;11 for them checking everything he taught them against the Word of God. Contrast that to the R.C. Canon which says (paraphrased) : The faithful shall submit their entire mind and will to the teaching of the Majesterioum any not question the 'infallable' teaching of The Pope or R.C. church Teachers.

So, we need to see how a Teacher lines up with scripture ; take for instance the following verbatim prayer JP2 prayed in public to celebrate the Marion Year which can be proved to be heretical in light of scripture :

(quote) 'To you, Mother of human family and of the nations,
we confidently entrust the whole humanity,
with its hopes and fears.
Do not let it lack the light of true wisdom.
Guide its steps in the ways of peace.
Enable all to meet Christ,
the Way, the Truth, and the Life.
Sustain us, O Virgin Mary, on our journey of faith
and obtain for us the grace of eternal salvation.
O clement, O loving, O sweet Mother of God
and our Mother, Mary! [SIZE=2]-- John Paul II [/SIZE

The Bible says explicitly that a False Teacher should not be followed and we should disassociate ourselves from him/her because the truth is not in them . The action we choose to take is up to us ... but its a wise man that draws on Gods Word for truth and guidance in his life . Regards.

Old 12-31-2009, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
Actually in many areas like the NorthEast they do get along.
It seems that only areas such as in the Bible Belt where Catholics only make up a very small part of the population that there seems to be the most problems.
Also forums like this one where you often have posters that take extreme positions there can be problems.
It seems that only conservative fundies be they Catholic or Protestants are the ones that have all the problems. I never see progressive christians be they Catholic, Protestants etc. have the problems that the first group has.
The first group thinks it is all about religion , while the second group believes it is all about the gospels.
1 Cor. 15:1-4 and Romans 1:16-17 and Romans 10:8-12 says it IS all about The Gospel Message which saves people and get them to heaven. In fact, it is the Gospel from start to finish . Thats what Christ and his Apostles taught without apology ... but today, we have Leaders teaching its Christ PLUS additional methods/ways/doctrine both in Protestant Churches but especially in the R.C Church --- there is no doubt whatsoever that Jesus and the Apostles were and are Evangelical Christians , or 'fundie' to the core because they all vehemently taught truth comes from the Word of God . God wants each of us to be diligent in searching the Scriptures instead of hoping we are getting the truth from pulpit Speakers.

Old 12-31-2009, 12:31 PM

1,315 posts, read 1,530,103 times
Matthew 7: 13Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: 14Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. 15Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. 16Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

The fruit of the false prophet is being ecumenical in nature as in gathering grapes of thorns and figs of thistles.

The fact that Jesus had prophesied that false prophets will come in should be the kicker for all those "Catholics' that love Him to be aware that the RCC is not exempted from that prophesy.

Proof can be seen in the RCC ecumenical drive with all the other religions of the world.

2 Corinthians 6: 14Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? 15And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? 16And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 17Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you. 18And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

And since the RCC is being ecumenical, and the Eucharist is an unclean thing as the RCC had turned it into an idol, making communion, the bread and the wine more than what it is to be taken for more than what Christ taught us to take it for and that was in remembrance of Him.... not for the continual sacrifice of sins as the RCC are doing it in the Mass..... it is time for Catholics to consider leaving the RCC to come to God through the Lord Jesus Christ in having that reconciled relationship with Him... so as to be witnesses of the Son and their faith in Him and not the RCC nor the works within.

Protestants should know that the RCC has not changed it spots, and because of apostasies in the latter days, no Protestant church is safe, and that is why the call is to come to Jesus for life.

Last edited by Enow; 12-31-2009 at 12:41 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or