U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2011, 04:02 PM

37,579 posts, read 25,282,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
John 20:31
But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.

You are actively promoting people to look else where than "these are written" John 20:31. The very thing that God want people to use that we may believe in Christ for salvation you're opposing.
Your opposition of the "written" makes you enemy of the source for those who may come to believe ( John 20:31), period.
Information about the messenger is for the purpose of identifying and receiving the messenger . . . NOT His message(Gospel). If that were true why was the messenger even necessary . . . if the "written" already contained His message?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2011, 04:02 PM

3,540 posts, read 5,964,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
This link has more cookies than a bakery.

I didn't accept them and the link will not open.

Kinda like how the church works.
This may work better for you. But it's a longer read.

General Instruction of the Roman Missal

Old 10-31-2011, 11:02 PM

11,825 posts, read 9,825,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Information about the messenger is for the purpose of identifying and receiving the messenger . . . NOT His message(Gospel). If that were true why was the messenger even necessary . . . if the "written" already contained His message?
To fulfill what was written about him from the prophets to as to prove the written scriptures from the the prophets was true and from God.

Matthew 5:17
“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; (the OT Bible) I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

Matthew 26:54
But how then would the Scriptures be fulfilled

Matthew 26:56
But this has all taken place that the writings of the prophets might be fulfilled

Mark 14:49
But the Scriptures must be fulfilled.”

Luke 4:21
and he began by saying to them, “Todaythis scripture is fulfilled in your hearing.”

Luke 18:31
Jesus took the Twelve aside and told them, “We are going up to Jerusalem, and everything that is written by the prophets about the Son of Man will be fulfilled.

Luke 21:22
For this is the time of punishment in fulfillment of all that has been written.

Luke 24:44
He said to them, “This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.”

" the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.” was the Bible of Jesus' time.

Old 10-31-2011, 11:42 PM

37,579 posts, read 25,282,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
To fulfill what was written about him from the prophets to as to prove the written scriptures from the the prophets was true and from God.

Matthew 5:17
“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; (the OT Bible) I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

Matthew 26:54
But how then would the Scriptures be fulfilled

Matthew 26:56
But this has all taken place that the writings of the prophets might be fulfilled

Mark 14:49
But the Scriptures must be fulfilled.”

Luke 4:21
and he began by saying to them, “Todaythis scripture is fulfilled in your hearing.”

Luke 18:31
Jesus took the Twelve aside and told them, “We are going up to Jerusalem, and everything that is written by the prophets about the Son of Man will be fulfilled.

Luke 21:22
For this is the time of punishment in fulfillment of all that has been written.

Luke 24:44
He said to them, “This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.”

" the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.” was the Bible of Jesus' time.
You are not paying attention, Twin . . . This all agrees with ME. The scriptures were ALL about who Christ is, how to know when He arrived, what He would do and how to validate His status. etc. . . . NOT what His message (Gospel) was or what God wanted Him to teach us. If the OT scriptures had that in them . . . why would Christ need to teach us anything???

Old 11-01-2011, 12:38 AM

5,965 posts, read 5,575,817 times
Quote:
Yeah, and if the law could save people, why did Christ need to come into the world? No need to fear thinking these things through. May we have the mind of Christ so that his body can function freely in the earth.

Old 11-01-2011, 08:45 AM

2,996 posts, read 4,762,143 times
Quote:
Limiting our knowledge to that of 2000 - 4000+ years ago is foolish and ignorant. We are to be wise and show ourselves to be well studied if we would presume to interpret scripture intelligently. As to the Catholic hierarchy . . . it is and has been an abomination against humanity in direct contradiction of Christ's admonishments against anyone being "first."
And we are to get our studied facts from Gods Word as concrete truth , and not madeup inventions of Men and Councils that occured subsequently ... many of which demote the actual finished work of Christ on the cross and force God to share his divine abilities with a human (sinful) Mary now in Heaven . Its amazing how people will proclaim Christ as their Saviour yet stay in the midst of apostacy .... perhaps because they come from a long heritage of Catholics , they dont want to cause riffs with their loved ones, and/or , because theyre being held captive by such madeup Church traditions with threat of anathema (eternal damnation) or as a minimum , ex-communication from an Institution.

Last edited by 007.5; 11-01-2011 at 09:13 AM..

Old 11-01-2011, 09:23 AM

1,263 posts, read 1,046,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
And we are to get our studied facts from Gods Word as concrete truth , and not madeup inventions of Men and Councils that occured subsequently ... many of which demote the actual finished work of Christ on the cross and force God to share his divine abilities with a human (sinful) Mary now in Heaven . Its amazing how people will proclaim Christ as their Saviour yet stay in the midst of apostacy .... perhaps because they come from a long heritage of Catholics , they dont want to cause riffs with their loved ones, and/or , because theyre being held captive by such madeup Church traditions with threat of anathema (eternal damnation) or as a minimum , ex-communication from an Institution.
Great post.

Old 11-01-2011, 09:29 AM

862 posts, read 643,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
Great post.
Paul would have wrote a letter to you both. And it wouldn't be good.

You folks believe in free-will? Do you believe that Jesus died on the cross and spilled His precious blood for the forgiveness of the sins of mankind? If you answered true to both, which I think is a good possibility, then understand one other incredibly important fact that you seem to overlook.

Mary, using her free-will, agreed to be the vessel for the Messiah and Redemptor of mankind. If she says no to the angel, there's no Jesus, and no hope of salvation for the rest of us. So without Mary, YOU are DOOMED. Was Mary's role and actions important in your salvation? You betcha it was. And you better start appreciating it. And you know another reason you should appreciate Mary? Because she is Jesus' mother, that's why? Have a little respect. You pray to Jesus and then behind His back call His mother Mary just another sinner. Disgraceful!

Last edited by GoodToBeHome; 11-01-2011 at 09:43 AM..

Old 11-01-2011, 09:34 AM

16,301 posts, read 24,263,079 times
After the British Army spent decades in Northern Ireland they have at least achieved a cease fire.

People that believe in absurdities will always find absurd reasons to hate.... a reality proven time and time again throughout history.

Old 11-01-2011, 09:36 AM

1,263 posts, read 1,046,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodToBeHome View Post
Paul would have wrote a letter to you both. And it wouldn't be good.
26 So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are ALL ONE in Christ Jesus. 29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise. (Galatians 3:26-29).

There is no mention of belonging TO a church, I am IN Jesus Christ and belong to Him through faith in Him, which makes me His child and an heir according to His promise. Those who believe in Jesus Christ as their savior are ALL ONE IN HIM.

Believing in your church will not save you! Can't you see that?!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or