Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 11:11 AM

18,249 posts, read 16,907,876 times

Advertisements

or was the physical glorified body He inhabited for the 40 days after His Crucifixion used solely for the Apostles' sakes so they could visibly see Him while He remained on earth. Did He resume His original spiritual state when He ascended to heaven and are all of heaven's dwellers in spiritual bodies, or does He, along with everyone else there dwell in glorified bodies of flesh and bone but no blood?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2009, 11:15 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,561,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
or was the physical glorified body He inhabited for the 40 days after His Crucifixion used solely for the Apostles' sakes so they could visibly see Him while He remained on earth. Did He resume His original spiritual state when He ascended to heaven and are all of heaven's dwellers in spiritual bodies, or does He, along with everyone else there dwell in glorified bodies of flesh and bone but no blood?
That is what I believe

Old 10-13-2009, 11:50 AM

63,779 posts, read 40,047,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
That is what I believe
Our obsession with the physical is imprinted from birth . . . very difficult to let go.

Old 10-13-2009, 02:30 PM

79 posts, read 99,098 times
Quote:
That is what I believe, too. "Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him" - Romans 6:9
If Christ were to separate from his body again then he would "die" once more.

Old 10-13-2009, 02:32 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,209,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Our obsession with the physical is imprinted from birth . . . very difficult to let go.
I agree...it is one of the things that truly holds us back spiritually from attaining perfection and learning the mysteries of God.

Old 10-13-2009, 02:43 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,334,087 times
Not really sure if it matters to me exactly the definition of "form"
I do believe that whatever "form" or lack thereof, of Christ or any of the inhabitants of heaven take....it's perfect

Old 10-13-2009, 03:06 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,502,677 times
We spend a lot of time trying to humanize God, Christ and the Holy Spirit, giving them form and features and arguing about what they think when we should be seeking a spiritual relationship with them..

Old 10-13-2009, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
We spend a lot of time trying to humanize God, Christ and the Holy Spirit, giving them form and features and arguing about what they think when we should be seeking a spiritual relationship with them..
I agree somewhat and that is why we have essentials vs non essentials so why can't we do both? This thread obviously is a non essential but seeking Him RIGHTLY (Read 1st John) is very important in seeking your spiritual relationship with Him

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 10-13-2009 at 03:24 PM..

Old 10-13-2009, 03:21 PM

18,249 posts, read 16,907,876 times
Although all things are possible with God, I see a difficulty in corporeal bodies however glorified occupying a spiritual realm. It's like trying to make water and oil mix---the two just don't seem compatible. Heaven is a spiritual place, or so we're all taught. When we die we're not immediately implanted into a body of flesh and bone to stand before God---we're in spiritual form. The Bible is silent, best as I know, on if and when we get those physical bodies. My own feeling is that Jesus took on a glorified body for the sake of letting His apostles and the masses see Him and then reverted to a spirit like His Father and like the inhabitants of heaven. I'd just as soon dwell as a spirit for eternity anyhow because I just don't want any reminder of this fleshly body I'm in now regardless if it's glorified or not. But I was just wondering if there's any solid scripture that says "We get a glorified body after we die."

Old 10-13-2009, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Although all things are possible with God, I see a difficulty
Yes we might be too heavy for the cloud
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity