Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2009, 08:14 PM

723 posts, read 1,046,061 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any opinions on this video???

YouTube - Obama and Religion

Religion doesn't allow for compromise???
Religion is the art of the impossible???
We can only believe what we ALL see and hear???
He claims to believe in God so he must have seen, and spoken to him!!
Either that, or he is using Christianity as a smoke-screen.
This does NOT sound like a man who believes in God, let alone a Christian!! Here is more of his religious views from his book: The audacity of hope:

YouTube - Barack Obama's Religion

Portion of the book edited out of the audio version:

"I was not raised in a religious household. My maternal grandparents, who hailed from Kansas, had been steeped in religion as chldren

Moderator cut: snippet and link only please from copywrite material

Church fathers who uttered racial epithets???
Sounds like a reverand that I know!! (Rev. Wright anyone??)

According to Obama, the heaven and earth was not created in 7 days because, science says otherwise. He is again using a smoke-screen in his Mother. His Mother was a Secular Humanist, and raised him to be so. The way Obama talks, I would believe that he has followed the religious footsteps of his Mother. I could be wrong. But his religion looks to be some kind of fake Christianity!!! I would love to hear some thoughts on Obama's religious views!! Thank You.

GOD BLESS!!!
ALMOST2L8

Last edited by Miss Blue; 10-14-2009 at 10:02 AM.. Reason: edited your quote from the book for copywrite rules
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2009, 08:34 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
I agree with you. But then I think ALL christianity is fake.

Old 10-12-2009, 09:54 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,717,817 times
He's either atheist or deist. That's for sure.

All the fracas about his alleged religious activities are a political gimmick. I mean, which running candidate has the balls to profess such an ideology publicly, when there's a telling christian vote bank across the electorate

Old 10-12-2009, 11:49 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
But then I think ALL christianity is fake.
You are certainly entitled to be wrong.

Old 10-13-2009, 06:58 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,564,901 times
His speech sounds like that weak speech made by the actor playing the President in West Wing

IMO President Obama is not a Christian but a universalist, just like George Bush. He has an extremely limited knowledge of true Christianity....."Al Sharpton" christianity?! If Obama is a Christian which I myself seriously doubt then he would be a very, very spiritually immature Christian.

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 10-13-2009 at 08:10 AM..

Old 10-13-2009, 08:03 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,069,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMOST2L8 View Post
Does anyone have any opinions on this video???

YouTube - Obama and Religion
The speech was discussing the role of religion in politics.

Some quotes from the text of the speech:

"Unwilling to go there, I answered with what has come to be the typically liberal response in such debates - namely, I said that we live in a pluralistic society, that I can't impose my own religious views on another, that I was running to be the U.S. Senator of Illinois and not the Minister of Illinois."

and

"So we all have some work to do here. But I am hopeful that we can bridge the gaps that exist and overcome the prejudices each of us bring to this debate. And I have faith that millions of believing Americans want that to happen. No matter how religious they may or may not be, people are tired of seeing faith used as a tool of attack. They don't want faith used to belittle or to divide. They're tired of hearing folks deliver more screed than sermon. Because in the end, that's not how they think about faith in their own lives."

Obama Speech - “'Call to Renewal” Keynote Address - Complete Text

Thanks for the video! I like him more than ever now!

Old 10-13-2009, 06:52 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
The speech was discussing the role of religion in politics.

Some quotes from the text of the speech:

"Unwilling to go there, I answered with what has come to be the typically liberal response in such debates - namely, I said that we live in a pluralistic society, that I can't impose my own religious views on another, that I was running to be the U.S. Senator of Illinois and not the Minister of Illinois."

and

"So we all have some work to do here. But I am hopeful that we can bridge the gaps that exist and overcome the prejudices each of us bring to this debate. And I have faith that millions of believing Americans want that to happen. No matter how religious they may or may not be, people are tired of seeing faith used as a tool of attack. They don't want faith used to belittle or to divide. They're tired of hearing folks deliver more screed than sermon. Because in the end, that's not how they think about faith in their own lives."

Obama Speech - “'Call to Renewal” Keynote Address - Complete Text

Thanks for the video! I like him more than ever now!

That's because birds of a feather............!!

Last edited by Betsey Lane; 10-13-2009 at 07:01 PM..

Old 10-13-2009, 07:26 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,572,548 times
I liked the speeches that he gave.

I do not think that he hates Christianity. Rather, I think he is more level minded and understanding that there are other religions.

Instead of saying "Oh yes. We are just Christian-nothing else. Everyone else is wrong!", he says we are a nation of Christians, Jews, Hindus, and Buddhists.

And whatever he said about teaching Christianity in school....what is wrong with it? Which Bible would we teach? Which scriptures? What about non Christians and non believers?

Old 10-13-2009, 07:41 PM

1,417 posts, read 2,180,685 times
A thoughtful, fair minded and inclusive speach I thought. Tolerant of all faiths because we are a nation of many faiths. He is the leader of the USA....not just the leader of part of the USA.

Old 10-13-2009, 08:45 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,003,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicket View Post
A thoughtful, fair minded and inclusive speach I thought. Tolerant of all faiths because we are a nation of many faiths. He is the leader of the USA....not just the leader of part of the USA.
I agree wholeheartedly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity