Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 01:51 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,560,693 times

Advertisements

The question isn't whether there are but can we reconcile them?

YouTube - Beware of Those Who Claim "Irreconcilable Paradox".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2009, 08:56 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,943,763 times
We love God "Because" he loved us first.

Problem solved.

Old 10-14-2009, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
We love God "Because" he loved us first.

Problem solved.
Problem not solved because there are paradox"es" and I will be sure to point the many thousands of scholarly theologians towards you since you have all the "one line" answers Which came first regeneration or repentance?

Old 10-14-2009, 06:42 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,209,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Problem not solved because there are paradox"es" and I will be sure to point the many thousands of scholarly theologians towards you since you have all the "one line" answers Which came first regeneration or repentance?
The scripture clearly teaches that regeneration comes first...we we, as carnal man who does not seek God, could never seek Him until He gives us a heart to do so. But you already know this don't you?

Old 10-14-2009, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
The scripture clearly teaches that regeneration comes first...we we, as carnal man who does not seek God, could never seek Him until He gives us a heart to do so. But you already know this don't you?
That is a paradox because I and many others see in scripture repentance comes first but I wouldn't be dogmatic about it because this a non essential

Old 10-14-2009, 07:00 AM

Quote:
That is a paradox because I and many others see in scripture repentance comes first but I wouldn't be dogmatic about it because this a non essential
I believe in the total Sovereignty of God...we are what we are and where we are because that's what God planned for us. Everything that happens to us or will happen to us is directed expressly by the hand of God. God is not at the mercy of puny man's decisions. I do not believe God has turned the reigns over to us at any time and there is plenty of scripture to back that up, as you well know.

Old 10-14-2009, 07:02 AM

Quote:
I believe in the total Sovereignty of God...we are what we are and where we are because that's what God planned for us. Everything that happens to us or will happen to us is directed expressly by the hand of God. God is not at the mercy of puny man's decisions. I do not believe God has turned the reigns over to us at any time and there is plenty of scripture to back that up, as you well know.
I believe that as well but I still see that repentance come first. Go figure

Old 10-14-2009, 07:07 AM

Quote:
I believe that as well but I still see that repentance come first. Go figure
Yep...that's just the lot of carnal man.

Last edited by ChristyGrl; 10-14-2009 at 07:18 AM..

Old 10-14-2009, 11:35 AM

63,776 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Dominion means dominion, Christy. There would be nothing for us to do but walk through our robotic already determined existence if what you and Fundy believe were true. That is ridiculous. What would be the point? Talk about infinite waste of time!

Old 10-14-2009, 10:10 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,522,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Dominion means dominion, Christy. There would be nothing for us to do but walk through our robotic already determined existence if what you and Fundy believe were true. That is ridiculous. What would be the point? Talk about infinite waste of time!
I think she means the reins of our salvation, not just reins in general.

IMO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity