U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 08:00 PM

7,788 posts, read 10,457,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
I`m sure they will be expressing their regret at saying such things one day.
They won't have to.

They know June loves them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2009, 08:16 PM

30,279 posts, read 20,017,000 times
Quote:
Wise? But don`t you teach that unbelievers are going to burn in hellfire for eternity? Don`t you also teach that they have the choice? Doesn`t God let them make the decision where they choose to spend eternity? Since June is a self professed unbeliever, wouldn`t she fit your description of an unwise person who is headed for hell of her own accord? Or do you just hold hell as a place for people you don`t particularly like but they don`t really have to accept Christ as their personal savior?
Tell us again, what the bible says about people who do not acept Jesus as their personal savior while alive on earth.

Old 10-14-2009, 08:23 PM

3,553 posts, read 4,376,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
This has nothing to do with why i posted that verse, obviously. You said logic had nothing to do with it, and according to the bible it does.
"Come, let us reason" is not a command for logic. The reason is shown by the later verses, and for us to come to the understanding of what it is God is trying to tell us, which is why I posted them.

Quote:
You just cant seem to get past the fact that everyone's works will be tried by fire.
No, as actually that is scriptural. But I understand it, but you do not.

Quote:
And those who have no good works will be saved as though by fire.
Really? Are these believers, or nonbelievers?

Quote:
You cant seem to understand that we all die, and we will all be resurrected.
No, I uderstand that as well.

"These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

Who are the "these"?

Then He will also say to those on His left, 'Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels;'

ok, got it. Now I suppose you believe the devil will be saved as well?

Quote:
The contempt and shame that those who are wicked will suffer in the judgments is the knowledge they will come to have concerning their own faithlessness and evil ways when they are face to face with the almighty God.
It won't last long, as they will be remembered no more.

Quote:
They will no longer have a corruptible body after the resurrection, so the sin that is in them now will be destroyed, and they will no longer be predisposed to rebelling against God as they are in this life.
Umm, who are these people you are referring to, since the wicked are destroyed?

Quote:
That is when the shame they will experience for the things they did in this life will be poured over their heads like hot coals, and many of them will wish that they had never been born.
Now that sounds a lot like torture. I thought your god didn't torture? So a little torture is ok, but it all depends on the length of time it is administered? Really?

Quote:
Then the righteous judgment of God will turn to teaching them righteousness, and they will bow before him and swear fealty and worship his name in songs of joy for his endless mercies.
Nope, sorry. If these are the unbelievers, they just won't have the opportunity past this life. There is NO salvation without the blood of Christ. There is no hope of salvation for the wicked past this life.

Old 10-14-2009, 08:32 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,776,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Isn`t it funny that a fundamentilist religious church follower who has been so outspoken and adamant about their idea of the truth and hellfire damnation backs away from that belief when confronted with a real person that they like? All of a sudden their zeal and self righteous, prideful attitude isn`t so much on display. Is it because they are really embarrassed by their belief. I thought they had a duty to stand up and proclaim the truth to the world (even to those who may not want to hear it) without shame or reservation!
I ask those ET`ers on here again, do you proclaim without reservation that a self professed atheist,unbeliever,like June, who has heard the gospel but has refused to accept Jesus as her personal savior will spend an eternity being tortured and burned alive because she was not WISE enough to accept Christ as her personal savior?
Yes or no?

Old 10-14-2009, 08:34 PM

10,290 posts, read 8,049,469 times
Quote:
Isn`t it funny that a fundamentilist religious church follower who has been so outspoken and adamant about their idea of the truth and hellfire damnation backs away from that belief when confronted with a real person that they like? All of a sudden their zeal and self righteous, prideful attitude isn`t so much on display. Is it because they are really embarrassed by their belief. I thought they had a duty to stand up and proclaim the truth to the world (even to those who may not want to hear it) without shame or reservation!
I ask those ET`ers on here again, do you proclaim without reservation that a self professed atheist,unbeliever,like June, who has heard the gospel but has refused to accept Jesus as her personal savior will spend an eternity being tortured and burned alive because she was not WISE enough to accept Christ as her personal savior?
Yes or no?

God isn't finished......and June isn't dead!!!

Old 10-14-2009, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Yes or no?
Yes it's hard to comprehend ,it seems they believe for a moment that He truely is the Savior of all when it comes to June's salvation.

Old 10-14-2009, 08:40 PM

10,290 posts, read 8,049,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Yes it's hard to comprehend ,it seems they believe for a moment that He truely is the Savior of all when it comes to June's salvation.
That's because you don't have the Holy Spirit to comprehend spiritual things!!!

Old 10-14-2009, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
That's because you don't have the Holy Spirit to comprehend spiritual things!!!
I think even an athiest can comprehend what fundamentalist's believe is contradictory. June being one of them.

Hypocrisy

Old 10-14-2009, 08:47 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,776,332 times
Quote:
God isn't finished......and June isn't dead!!!
No, but if june died today, believing as she does right now, you believe that she would live the rest of her life being tortured because she wasn`t wise enough to accept Chrsit as her personal savior,don`t you?
Just answer the question. No need to wiggle.
Here is your chance to stand up in a public forum and proclaim to June and everyone else that if she doesn`t wise up and change her ways, God will torture her for all of eternity and it will be HER choice!
This your chance to witness to June straight out. Tell her personally what you know will happen to her and those like her because she and all the rest are asking for it and God is only giving them what they want. She is choosing of her own accord to deny Christ and so therefore will be tortured forevermore. Isn`t that what you know to be true, latte?

Old 10-14-2009, 08:48 PM

7,788 posts, read 10,457,588 times
Quote:

June isn't dead!!!

Oh good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or