Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 05:43 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,154,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Indeed ... Fundamentalist backward logic supremely exemplified in so many words.
Of course, but hey. I am just a normal guy with a limited IQ, so your fancy words sound so, so touching to the ear when read aloud in a extremely rich manner.

But, sorry. I am not a hard core fundamentalist. Otherwise I would have brushed you off long ago, while shaking the dust off from my feet. My logic is actually more sound than your fairy tale gospel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2009, 05:43 PM

420 posts, read 1,236,664 times
[quote=HotinAZ;11182033]I am not sure how to even start this topic, but I know that what I have been reading from the UR camp concerning Christians who believe that God will either send unbelievers to hell, or destroy them altogether as fear mongering fundamentalists and being called that is just plain wrong, and it is a lie.

They say we do not preach God's Love. This is also wrong. God's Love can be defined simply as Jesus Christ. His birth, ministry, sacrifice, and ressurection is the culmination of how much God loves us. By this, we can say He first loved us, because Jesus Christ was there from the beginning. God knew we would fall. He also had it already set up to redeem those who worship Him.

The fear of hell, or the fear of being destroyed is the by product to the proud person to whom the Spirit is convicting. Otherwise, why would they even have this fear? People who do not believe in God could care less about the after-life. Or if they believe there is an after-life, maybe they believe in another form.

Jesus said blessed are those who are poor in spirit. Those who mourn. Those who are gentle. Those who hunger and thirst for righteousness. Those who are merciful. Those who are pure in heart. Those who are peacemakers. Those who have been persecuted for righteousness' sake. Those who have been insulted and persecuted and spoken of as evil for speaking the Truth concerning Jesus.

Now, do those who truly believe and act in the above way, who are blessed, need to somehow come to a grip a fear, in order to believe in the sacrifice of Jesus, and submit to Him as King? No, as they can see the love for what it is, as they live IN this love already. For them, Jesus is simply beautiful. In the totality of the creation, Jesus' name is lifted above everything. It is all about Him. We are blessed to even know this, and more blessed to follow Him.

Now, concerning when the Spirit convicts a person who is filled with evil thoughts, emotions and acts on them. We know them as the Word talks of them consistantly. They are: lovers of self (proud, egotistical), lovers of money (thieves, plunderers), boastful, arrogant, revilers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy, unloving, IRRECONCILABLE, malicious gossips, without self control, brutal, haters of good, treacherous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure RATHER than lovers of God, holding to a FORM of Godliness, although they have denied it's power.

When the Holy Spirit takes hold of someone who is described in the above paragraph, and the Gospel is preached to them,,,usually(myself included), fear is the first thing that grips them. They SEE for the first time, how seperated they really are from God. They are broken. Thier carnal spirit is torn completely down, and they fall on their knees in complete and utter fear of the Living God. They cry out for redemption. When it happened to me, I was and KNEW I WAS forgiven, from all the evil I had committed. I cried for days, basking in His Glorious Love.

The fear was GONE. Yes, my fear of reverence is, to this day, present. But my fear of punishment was gone, as Jesus paid the price for me. I desire to please God, and try to make myself a worthy servant to the Kingdom of Christ.

Some people hear preaching that is geared towards believers who have not truly converted from their sinful ways. Some people hear preaching that is done in the wrong way. Hellfire and brimstone types who sometimes do more harm than good. But the thing we all need to remember, is that God is doing the tugging at the hearts. He has those He is working on, at the place in life where they need to be. He is the potter, we are the clay.

So, for those of you who continue to lie about people, like myself, concerning the "fear" of God, and the preaching the Gospel,,,get the facts straight before lumping an entire group of believers into fear mongering radical fundamentalists. Otherwise, we can just call you a liar, for that is what you would be.
Be looking for Prophet D.Howard Jr on youtube. I talk on a wide range of topics and I will begin my own church ANEW soon, maybe in your town!!!

Old 10-14-2009, 05:45 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,761,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
But if you don't believe you will be tortured you will never find the Love of God...You know...it's like there's an arrow pointing to God's Love and it says Eternal torture this way!

LOL ... Right. Its as if fundamentalist believe God is saying, "I love you ... If you don't believing me i will torture you forever!"

Old 10-14-2009, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
I am not sure how to even start this topic, but I know that what I have been reading from the UR camp concerning Christians who believe that God will either send unbelievers to hell, or destroy them altogether as fear mongering fundamentalists and being called that is just plain wrong, and it is a lie.

They say we do not preach God's Love. This is also wrong. God's Love can be defined simply as Jesus Christ. His birth, ministry, sacrifice, and ressurection is the culmination of how much God loves us. By this, we can say He first loved us, because Jesus Christ was there from the beginning. God knew we would fall. He also had it already set up to redeem those who worship Him.

The fear of hell, or the fear of being destroyed is the by product to the proud person to whom the Spirit is convicting. Otherwise, why would they even have this fear? People who do not believe in God could care less about the after-life. Or if they believe there is an after-life, maybe they believe in another form.

Jesus said blessed are those who are poor in spirit. Those who mourn. Those who are gentle. Those who hunger and thirst for righteousness. Those who are merciful. Those who are pure in heart. Those who are peacemakers. Those who have been persecuted for righteousness' sake. Those who have been insulted and persecuted and spoken of as evil for speaking the Truth concerning Jesus.

Now, do those who truly believe and act in the above way, who are blessed, need to somehow come to a grip a fear, in order to believe in the sacrifice of Jesus, and submit to Him as King? No, as they can see the love for what it is, as they live IN this love already. For them, Jesus is simply beautiful. In the totality of the creation, Jesus' name is lifted above everything. It is all about Him. We are blessed to even know this, and more blessed to follow Him.

Now, concerning when the Spirit convicts a person who is filled with evil thoughts, emotions and acts on them. We know them as the Word talks of them consistantly. They are: lovers of self (proud, egotistical), lovers of money (thieves, plunderers), boastful, arrogant, revilers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy, unloving, IRRECONCILABLE, malicious gossips, without self control, brutal, haters of good, treacherous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure RATHER than lovers of God, holding to a FORM of Godliness, although they have denied it's power.

When the Holy Spirit takes hold of someone who is described in the above paragraph, and the Gospel is preached to them,,,usually(myself included), fear is the first thing that grips them. They SEE for the first time, how seperated they really are from God. They are broken. Thier carnal spirit is torn completely down, and they fall on their knees in complete and utter fear of the Living God. They cry out for redemption. When it happened to me, I was and KNEW I WAS forgiven, from all the evil I had committed. I cried for days, basking in His Glorious Love.

The fear was GONE. Yes, my fear of reverence is, to this day, present. But my fear of punishment was gone, as Jesus paid the price for me. I desire to please God, and try to make myself a worthy servant to the Kingdom of Christ.

Some people hear preaching that is geared towards believers who have not truly converted from their sinful ways. Some people hear preaching that is done in the wrong way. Hellfire and brimstone types who sometimes do more harm than good. But the thing we all need to remember, is that God is doing the tugging at the hearts. He has those He is working on, at the place in life where they need to be. He is the potter, we are the clay.

So, for those of you who continue to lie about people, like myself, concerning the "fear" of God, and the preaching the Gospel,,,get the facts straight before lumping an entire group of believers into fear mongering radical fundamentalists. Otherwise, we can just call you a liar, for that is what you would be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ministers View Post
Be looking for Prophet D.Howard Jr on youtube. I talk on a wide range of topics and I will begin my own church ANEW soon, maybe in your town!!!
There, I fixed it for you

Old 10-14-2009, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Of course, but hey. I am just a normal guy with a limited IQ, so your fancy words sound so, so touching to the ear when read aloud in a extremely rich manner.

But, sorry. I am not a hard core fundamentalist. Otherwise I would have brushed you off long ago, while shaking the dust off from my feet. My logic is actually more sound than your fairy tale gospel.
How about ... "I know you are but what am I?"

Is that better?

But I mean really ... I'm sure your a stand up guy, but your logic is to me in regard these things complete and total irrationality ...

Old 10-14-2009, 05:48 PM

Quote:
LOL ... Right. Its as if fundamentalist believe God is saying, "I love you ... If you don't believing me i will torture you forever!"
Actually it is the false teachers that should be more worried than a person who does not know God. You know them,,just look in the mirror.

Old 10-14-2009, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Actually it is the false teachers that should be more worried than a person who does not know God. You know them,,just look in the mirror.
lol ... Whatever you will kind sir ... I still love you anyway, even if you are completely irrational in regard these things.

God bless, Amen and Selah.

Old 10-14-2009, 05:53 PM

Quote:
how about ... "I know you are but what am I?"

Is that better?

But I mean really ... I'm sure your a stand up guy, but your logic is to me in regard these things complete and total irrationality ...
Logic? where does logic have to play into this? If you want to get logical, then I am sure you do not perhaps believe in creation, miracles, and even the ressurection of the dead. How can you even believe in God? Logic has no say, and logic does not play a part in the teachings of the cross. For the "logical", it is foolishness, which is why weak minded people need to make stuff up about it to satisfy their carnal logic. Logically speaking, that is.

Old 10-14-2009, 05:56 PM

Quote:
lol ... Whatever you will kind sir ... I still love you anyway, even if you are completely irrational in regard these things.

God bless, Amen and Selah.
Sorry, but I truly do not believe you. Your posts regarding people who believe different than you are the evidence of your "feelings". Your insults being hurled around, and the belittling of the lesser "educated" people show your true arrogance towards the feelings of others.

Moderator cut: Just a little editing...

Old 10-14-2009, 05:58 PM

7,996 posts, read 12,275,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post

June, a lot of people on this vey site do not believe you are as wise as they are.
Well, that's okay. We're all "wise" in our own way, and no one would appear to have the exclusive corner on wisdom. (Except, perhaps, Miss Blue!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62

They say you are going to be tortured for all of eternity and they say that is what you really want.
Then June would have to say that they don't know June very well. June's no masochist.

Quote:

So let me ask an atheist.
June thought you'd never ask!

Quote:

June, since you have not shown the wisdom they have, do you desire to be tortured forever and ever and ever?
If June answers "no" does that mean she has to sign anything?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity