U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 06:25 PM

3,553 posts, read 4,372,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Im sorry if my honest approach is not as apparently magnanimous as you would have me to be ... But the truth of Gods reconciling all is not nearly so inscrutable as to be completey beyond the reach of persons with a lesser education than I. And it seems to me there is more to it when people cling to these obviously pernicious doctrines of the dark age Church.

By the way, i was pulled out of school by my parents in the 9th grade. Whatever education i have is only due to reading allot. Something i would suggest everyone do more of.

Amen and Selah.
Actually you say it yourself when quoting some book that Ephesus taught Annhialiation. Since that was a primary church that Paul wrote "good" letters to, I think I shall stick with them, and the Word. Not the "general" consensous of the other 6. This is not a democracy. It is a Monarchy, and Jesus Christ sits upon that throne who judges. "Depart from me, I never knew you" does not sound like a temporary fix to a lifetime of sin, without a Savior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2009, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Your welcome ...

You know the bible is certainly the written word of truth. But it is not the only place that truth can be found.
This may be true, but whatever is written out there MUST ALWAYS line up with scripture in the contexual entirety of the Word. Otherwise it is called a lie. There is no 90% and 10% lies. If so, it is ALL not to be taken seriously.

Old 10-14-2009, 06:31 PM

7,374 posts, read 7,199,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
This may be true, but whatever is written out there MUST ALWAYS line up with scripture in the contexual entirety of the Word. Otherwise it is called a lie. There is no 90% and 10% lies. If so, it is ALL not to be taken seriously.

Hey, i noticed that was your 1,666 post

Maybe it is a sign?

Just a joke ...

I'm catching up to ya' though ...

Old 10-14-2009, 06:33 PM

7,788 posts, read 10,447,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
No signature required, June.
Well "Amen" to that, says June!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62
I was just wondering what an unwise person who desires to be tortured feels about such things.
June is far wiser than she lets on.

(And equally as adorable, she might add.)

Quote:
I mean the Verna`s,hotinAz`a,latte`s,missshawn`s,ILNC`s,Alpha `s,mike55`s of the world say in addition to you not being as wise as they are, you desire to be tortured by God and seperated from him. You choose to have it this way.
June's friend Verna said that? ~~Latte said that!? But Latte told me in another thread that June was going to heaven! (And that she'd do my hair for me when we got there!) ~And HotinAZ, despite finding that wonderful August Rush parallel for her? ~~Even June's coon Sister ILNC said that?

Poor June.

Poor, poor June.

--Wait.

ALPHA said WHAT!?

Wait till I get my hands on him.

Quote:
So instead of having them speak for you, I thought I would get it straight from the horses mouth...er...uh..so to speak. I`m sure your not a horse.
June's not:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
June you have more lives than a cat.
I'm "just June."

Last edited by june 7th; 10-14-2009 at 06:54 PM..

Old 10-14-2009, 06:38 PM

Quote:
It seems i missed this post in my hasty answering of the others.

You said ...
God is logical and or reasonable. He is a God of peace and not a God of confusion. It is written ...

1Cr 14:33
For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

And ...

Isa 1:18
Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

And again ...

Job 13:3
Surely I would speak to the Almighty, and I desire to reason with God.

and again ...

Pro 26:16
The sluggard is wiser in his own conceit than seven men that can render a reason.
Again with the pulling of verses. Let us go to Isaiah 1 that you quoted. What are the verses, RIGHT after 18?

If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land: But if ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken.

Literal in the physical, or taken to mean spiritually?

Keep reading....all the way to verse 28

And the destruction of the transgressors and of the sinners together, and they that forsake the LORD shall be consumed.

Again, literal in the physical, or spiritually?

Keep going,,,down to verse 31. P.S. I am not leaving the rest out unintentionally, but to just make a certain point. ALL the verses go with this..

And the strong shall be as tow, and the maker of it as a spark, and they shall both burn together, and none shall quench [them].

Tow? This is the flax that is shaken off metal in the fire I am guessing? And the maker of this? As a spark, and they both are burned together and NONE shall quench them?

If I believedin ET, this verse could make the case for it. But since the verse above said "consumed", I can take it to mean destroyed.

Old 10-14-2009, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Hey, i noticed that was your 1,666 post

Maybe it is a sign?

Just a joke ...

I'm catching up to ya' though ...
What is 1666?
Do I get a cookie?? MMM..

Old 10-14-2009, 06:46 PM

10,290 posts, read 8,041,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
June is far wiser than she lets on.

(And equally as adorable, she might add.)

But Latte told me in another thread that June was going to heaven! Yep.... Latte' did!
(And that she'd do my hair for me when we got there!) Yep... Latte' is going to do it for sure.

I'm "just June."
I'm "just June." And that is what we love about ya.....and may I add my agreement ............ adorable and a very wise woman!!!

Old 10-14-2009, 06:50 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,772,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
June's friend Verna said that? ~~Latte said that!? But Latte told me in another thread that June was going to heaven! (And that she'd do my hair for me when we got there!) ~And HotinAZ means that despite finding that wonderful August Rush parallel for her? ~~Even June's coon Sister ILNC said that?
Hard to believe? If it makes you feel better,June,they didn`t mention you by name ,but they do say(adamantly, I might add) they those who are atheist like yourself will endure such a fate. Except for Hot, he/she just informed me earlier that he is not part of the ET crowd. He believes you will just be annihilated. So at least that is a better fate.

Quote:
Poor June.

Poor, poor June.
You`re not poor June. I`m sure they will be expressing their regret at saying such things one day. Maybe we`ll all be sitting around sipping a couple of cocktails about all of the nonsense we typed on CD

Quote:
ALPHA said WHAT!?

Wait till I get my hands on him.
Well as I said, he didn`t mention June by name but teaches as much about you and your ilk..you know..you nonbeliever types!
BTW,what`s going to happen when you get your hands on him?

Old 10-14-2009, 06:56 PM

7,374 posts, read 7,199,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Again with the pulling of verses. Let us go to Isaiah 1 that you quoted. What are the verses, RIGHT after 18?

If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land: But if ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken.

Literal in the physical, or taken to mean spiritually?

Keep reading....all the way to verse 28

And the destruction of the transgressors and of the sinners together, and they that forsake the LORD shall be consumed.

Again, literal in the physical, or spiritually?

Keep going,,,down to verse 31. P.S. I am not leaving the rest out unintentionally, but to just make a certain point. ALL the verses go with this..

And the strong shall be as tow, and the maker of it as a spark, and they shall both burn together, and none shall quench [them].

Tow? This is the flax that is shaken off metal in the fire I am guessing? And the maker of this? As a spark, and they both are burned together and NONE shall quench them?

If I believedin ET, this verse could make the case for it. But since the verse above said "consumed", I can take it to mean destroyed.
This has nothing to do with why i posted that verse, obviously. You said logic had nothing to do with it, and according to the bible it does.

You just cant seem to get past the fact that everyone's works will be tried by fire. And those who have no good works will be saved as though by fire. You cant seem to understand that we all die, and we will all be resurrected. The contempt and shame that those who are wicked will suffer in the judgments is the knowledge they will come to have concerning their own faithlessness and evil ways when they are face to face with the almighty God. They will no longer have a corruptible body after the resurrection, so the sin that is in them now will be destroyed, and they will no longer be predisposed to rebelling against God as they are in this life. That is when the shame they will experience for the things they did in this life will be poured over their heads like hot coals, and many of them will wish that they had never been born. Then the righteous judgment of God will turn to teaching them righteousness, and they will bow before him and swear fealty and worship his name in songs of joy for his endless mercies.

Amen and Selah.

Old 10-14-2009, 06:59 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,772,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
I'm "just June." And that is what we love about ya.....and may I add my agreement ............ adorable and a very wise woman!!!
Wise? But don`t you teach that unbelievers are going to burn in hellfire for eternity? Don`t you also teach that they have the choice? Doesn`t God let them make the decision where they choose to spend eternity? Since June is a self professed unbeliever, wouldn`t she fit your description of an unwise person who is headed for hell of her own accord? Or do you just hold hell as a place for people you don`t particularly like but they don`t really have to accept Christ as their personal savior?
Tell us again, what the bible says about people who do not acept Jesus as their personal savior while alive on earth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or