Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 02:30 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,560,693 times

Advertisements

without the law?

Please will love to hear answers and at least one verse or one delusion (optional)

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 10-14-2009 at 03:06 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2009, 02:40 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,959,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
How do you know what sin is?without the law?

Please will love to hear answers and at least one verse or one dilusion (optional)
We of the nations that were never under the law of Moses still sinned for "all sinned and are wanting of the glory of God." Paul lays down in Romans about the nations that had no law by nature did what the law demands . . .

Rom 2:12 for whoever sinned without the law, without law also shall perish, and whoever sinned in law, through law will be judged."
Rom 2:13 For not the listeners to law are just with God, but the doers of law shall be justified."
Rom 2:14 For whenever they of the nations that have no law, by nature may be doing that which the law demands, these, having no law, are a law to themselves,
Rom 2:15 who are displaying the action of the law written in their hearts, their conscience testifying together and their reckonings between one another, accusing or defending them,
Rom 2:16 in the day when God will be judging the hidden things of humanity, according to my evangel, through Jesus Christ."

To sin is to miss the mark.

If for example we fail to love our associate as ourselves we sin. We don't sin because it is a failure to fulfill the law but it is sin because it is against our nature written in our hearts.

Old 10-14-2009, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
We of the nations that were never under the law of Moses still sinned for "all sinned and are wanting of the glory of God." Paul lays down in Romans about the nations that had no law by nature did what the law demands . . .

Rom 2:12 for whoever sinned without the law, without law also shall perish, and whoever sinned in law, through law will be judged."
Rom 2:13 For not the listeners to law are just with God, but the doers of law shall be justified."
Rom 2:14 For whenever they of the nations that have no law, by nature may be doing that which the law demands, these, having no law, are a law to themselves,
Rom 2:15 who are displaying the action of the law written in their hearts, their conscience testifying together and their reckonings between one another, accusing or defending them,
Rom 2:16 in the day when God will be judging the hidden things of humanity, according to my evangel, through Jesus Christ."

To sin is to miss the mark.

If for example we fail to love our associate as ourselves we sin. We don't sin because it is a failure to fulfill the law but it is sin because it is against our nature written in our hearts.
I didn't ask that....................How do you know sin without the law?

Old 10-14-2009, 02:45 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
without the law?

Please will love to hear answers and at least one verse or one dilusion (optional)
Before you ever believed did you know the difference from right and wrong ? , did your conscience convict you when you did ?.

Like for example looking over you shoulder while having your hand in the cookie jar you were told to keep out of.

Kindergarden stuff Fundy

What is it with you Fundamentalists that you love sin,the law,judgement,et so much ?, you go to great lengths to lift it up over the Good news.

Old 10-14-2009, 02:46 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,657,614 times
Quote:
without the law?

How do you know what sin is without the law?

Answer: You don't.

Sin is the transgression of the law. Going against God's law is sin...and if you don't know what God's laws are, you don't know what sin is. If you don't know what God's laws are, you don't know God...therefore you don't know His heart...therefore you don't know His Word, Jesus...Living OR Written...therefore you are lost and really need to seek Him before it is too late.

Old 10-14-2009, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Before you ever believed did you know the difference from right and wrong ? , did your conscience convict you when you did ?.

Like for example looking over you shoulder while having your hand in the cookie jar you were told to keep out of.

Kindergarden stuff Fundy
You conscience (with knowledge) tells you what is right and wrong, Yes I know atheist have them as well but they explain them away. Furthermore atheist do not believe they are sinners. Your conscience does not tell you specifically that you are a sinner and in need of God's forgiveness.

So how do you know what sin is without the Law?

Old 10-14-2009, 02:49 PM

One answer tells me so far that they know the bible inside out but does not know themselves.

Old 10-14-2009, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
One answer tells me so far that they know the bible inside out but does not know themselves.
(Romans 7:7)
What shall we say then? Is the Law sin? May it never be! On the contrary, I would not have come to know sin except through the Law; for I would not have known about coveting if the Law had not said, "YOU SHALL NOT COVET."

I am trying to understand. The Apostle Paul himself said, he wouldn't know sin if not for the Law. Is there another way to know sin?

Old 10-14-2009, 03:01 PM

Quote:
(Romans 7:7)
What shall we say then? Is the Law sin? May it never be! On the contrary, I would not have come to know sin except through the Law; for I would not have known about coveting if the Law had not said, "YOU SHALL NOT COVET."

I am trying to understand. The Apostle Paul himself said, he wouldn't know sin if not for the Law. Is there another way to know sin?
Well how do you think those before the law was introduced knew sin ?

Old 10-14-2009, 03:05 PM

988 posts, read 1,902,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
How do you know what sin is without the law?

Answer: You don't.

Sin is the transgression of the law. Going against God's law is sin...and if you don't know what God's laws are, you don't know what sin is. If you don't know what God's laws are, you don't know God...therefore you don't know His heart...therefore you don't know His Word, Jesus...Living OR Written...therefore you are lost and really need to seek Him before it is too late.

That is what the Bible says Verna.....

1 John 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

1 John 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

1 John 3:6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

HK
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity