Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 06:16 AM

3,067 posts, read 4,102,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
It was Martha with the oil?
See what happens Iron when you type too fast and Alan is watching?...LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2009, 06:23 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,209,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Yes it is wrong. The begger is not the Gentiles. That Begger was an Israelite.

Paul
HMMM....back in those days anyone who was not a proselyte of the Pharisaical realm was considered a Gentile, whether they be Israelite, Samaritan, Greek, Roman etc.

Old 10-16-2009, 10:12 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,757,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Then tell me why would a gentile want to be laid outside the gait of the Israelites?

Ironmaw, you need to not be so fast to count everything that disagrees with you as false.

Paul
Because he desired the crumbs that fell from the masters table. It is symbolic, not literal. Symbolic of the desire to be accepted by God and receive spiritual sustenance, not to mention be in control of the holy city and the promised land which at that time was flowing with "milk and honey".

I am not counting it as false necessarily, but you have to look at the story and understand the symbolism. It is obviously symbolic. Do you really believe a man in a literal flaming hell would be able to talk to a man in paradise? Why is it that no other place in the bible describes the bosom of Abraham, or associates it with paradise? Also the fact the the rich-man is dressed in purple and linen and the fact he has 5 brothers? This is all obviously symbolic of the Jews. While there can be no doubt that dogs are symbolic of gentiles. If you take it literally all poor people go to heaven and all rich men go to hell, because there Christ says nothing about their personal merits or transgressions.

I am willing to listen to other interpretations but you have to explain the symbolism in some way or another. If you believe you have a better explanation please do tell.

Old 10-16-2009, 12:06 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,959,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius
A better translation of Luke 22:43 is:..

Quote:
Is found in what bible?
What translation has that wording?
The Concordant Literal New Testament

Old 10-16-2009, 12:14 PM

3,067 posts, read 4,102,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post

The Concordant Literal New Testament
CONCORDANT LITERAL NEW TESTAMENT CONTRADICTIONS

I have heard of that one...and it's many many problems...

used a lot by the cults I hear...

Old 10-16-2009, 12:49 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,125,535 times
Quote:
CONCORDANT LITERAL NEW TESTAMENT CONTRADICTIONS

I have heard of that one...and it's many many problems...

used a lot by the cults I hear...
Alan, actually that link you post makes several errors, not the least of which is assuming because something is "eonian" does not mean it can also be "immortal". They are confusing the two terms in an attempt to make the Concordant Literal appear contradictory. Look into it further if you wish, but it is mostly off-topic with this thread.

Old 10-16-2009, 06:03 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,027,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Because he desired the crumbs that fell from the masters table. It is symbolic, not literal. Symbolic of the desire to be accepted by God and receive spiritual sustenance, not to mention be in control of the holy city and the promised land which at that time was flowing with "milk and honey".

I am not counting it as false necessarily, but you have to look at the story and understand the symbolism. It is obviously symbolic. Do you really believe a man in a literal flaming hell would be able to talk to a man in paradise? Why is it that no other place in the bible describes the bosom of Abraham, or associates it with paradise? Also the fact the the rich-man is dressed in purple and linen and the fact he has 5 brothers? This is all obviously symbolic of the Jews. While there can be no doubt that dogs are symbolic of gentiles. If you take it literally all poor people go to heaven and all rich men go to hell, because there Christ says nothing about their personal merits or transgressions.

I am willing to listen to other interpretations but you have to explain the symbolism in some way or another. If you believe you have a better explanation please do tell.

No, I just have to look at God's Word and have what I see as irrefutable evidence that the begger is not a references to the Gentiles.

Paul

Old 10-16-2009, 06:05 PM

Lifesigns has already stated facts about Lazarus. Now its time to reveal more.

Old 10-16-2009, 06:07 PM

Notice:

Joh 12:1 Then Jesus six days before the passover came to Bethany, where Lazarus was which had been dead, whom he raised from the dead.
Joh 12:2 There they made him a supper; and Martha served: but Lazarus was one of them that sat at the table with him.

Did you notice that? It says Lazarus! The Lazarus here is the same one from Lazarus and the Rich man.

Paul

Old 10-16-2009, 06:09 PM

Oh but it gets better:

Mat 26:6 Now when Jesus was in Bethany, in the house of Simon the leper,
Mat 26:7 There came unto him a woman having an alabaster box of very precious ointment, and poured it on his head, as he sat at meat.

WOW! Did you get that?

Shall I keep going?...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity