U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 02:39 PM

8,435 posts, read 8,384,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
It`s gotten to the point where she even starts threads just to ridicule,make fun, and provoke. Yeah, that`s real Christlike. This is the christian forum isn`t it?
It seems to me that she think she has a "free pass" when it comes to posts as well as when it comes to eternal damnation.

AH well... what can you do?

We can explain it until we are blue in the face and it will make no difference.

Ironic that I think she actually believes that God will save all, that he will accomplish his desire because she truly wants to love God. It's hard to love someone who would say those you love will burn in hell forever as we can see in the posts which state they would not give their place in heaven to that of someone in hell...

Remember, we judge others with the same measure we judge ourselves... so Verna, Miss Shawn, Mike555, Fundy, et al..... Please explain these verses to me.

2 Peter 2:19-20 They promise them freedom, while they themselves are slaves of depravity--for a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. If they have escaped the corruption of the world by knowing our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and are again entangled in it and overcome, they are worse off at the end than they were at the beginning.

Where is your freedom? You have so many rules about how a "true christian" should be just as judaism did... Yet Christ says you are to be free and if yet you entangle again into rules and regulations... you are worse off than in the beginning when you were in unbelief...

Gal. 5:1 It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.

Gal. 5:13 You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; rather, serve one another in love.

1 Peter 2:16 Live as free men, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as servants of God.

AND PLEASE if you don't explain the other passages.. Explain this one to me!

1 Corinthians 7:22 For he who was called in the Lord while a slave, is the Lord's freedman; likewise he who was called while free, is Christ's slave.

It is obvious that you cannot define MY freedom in the Lord as I cannot define yours but TO ME it seems you are the slave to depravity.

Old 10-15-2009, 02:46 PM

6,221 posts, read 6,403,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
I'm SO FOR THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But we can't post anything anymore without them coming in and making it an ET/ANN./UR debate. I know...we could start a thread about...ummm.........I don't know...say a thread about....................can you think of one that can't be turned into another one of THEM THREADS?
Verna, if you didn't want to discuss UR, then why did you start another thread about it?

Old 10-15-2009, 02:49 PM

3,067 posts, read 3,486,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Verna, if you didn't want to discuss UR, then why did you start another thread about it?
There is nothing wrong with wanting to talk about such topics.
Nor is there anything wrong with starting a topic aimed at talking about it.

[mod] Edit. DM moderator instead.[/mid]

Last edited by june 7th; 10-15-2009 at 05:10 PM..

Old 10-15-2009, 02:51 PM

5,261 posts, read 6,233,863 times
Quote:
I just couldn't help myself...it was a form of release I guess...now though, having gotten it off of my chest, I'll do better...starting a thread was my only option here...

Old 10-15-2009, 02:58 PM

6,221 posts, read 6,403,926 times
Quote:
I just couldn't help myself...it was a form of release I guess...now though, having gotten it off of my chest, I'll do better...starting a thread was my only option here...
Ok.

From Seinfeld, perhaps we all need SERENITY NOW!

LOL be at peace Verna, relax, have some decaf, contemplate life, be in awe of the wonder of this world and the creator who created it, and realize we all still need to learn how to love.

Later....

Old 10-15-2009, 03:22 PM

1,895 posts, read 4,039,360 times
Quote:
It's a shame that you are not concerned with the picture you portray online to believers and unbelievers alike....of someone who professes to be a "Christian". Ridicule of others is never befitting of someone who calls themselves a Christian. There are more productive and edifying ways of sharing your views without belittling and ridiculing others...and I hope you will be humble enough to allow the Spirit to work that thought into you the next time you respond to others who don't believe exactly the way you do.
^Thank you!

Old 10-15-2009, 03:46 PM

5,261 posts, read 6,233,863 times
Quote:
ok.

From seinfeld, perhaps we all need serenity now!

Lol be at peace verna, relax, have some decaf, contemplate life, be in awe of the wonder of this world and the creator who created it, and realize we all still need to learn how to love.

Later....
o.k.

Old 10-15-2009, 03:47 PM

3,586 posts, read 5,342,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
It's funny, I came across this verse as was very pleased to see that even Paul says that he puts things in human terms of wrath not God's term of wrath..

Romans 3:5 But if our unrighteousness demonstrates the righteousness of God, what shall we say? The God who inflicts wrath is not unrighteous, is He? (I am speaking in human terms.)

Romans 6:19 I put this in human terms because you are weak in your natural selves. Just as you used to offer the parts of your body in slavery to impurity and to ever-increasing wickedness, so now offer them in slavery to righteousness leading to holiness.

Are we today unable to understand the difference between God's wrath and the consequences of our own actions? Or are we still weak in our natural selves?

Paul was trying to show that we were slaves to sin but are now slaves to righteousness... He used the language the people would understand to show the difference between OT and NT covenant, just like Jesus used the thought of "demons" or "evil spirits" to help those who were sick so that they would understand that he is greater than their sickness...

Paul is not saying he believes that God with torture you in his wrath, he is not saying that God even possesses wrath (because God does not have deeply resentful indignation) but is pure and righteous. If we are righteous should we have resentful indignation? of course not! but humans understand wrath as consequences (from God or not) of our own actions.

Saying that God has resentful indignation is putting human traits onto the Almighty...
I never said that God wrath or punishment is unrighteous.

God will punish if He sees fit.

Ananias, with Saphira his wife was killed by God for lying to Him. When I see this, I don't think that God was wrong for this, because He is Holy and will judge those as such. God is still good, they are the ones that lied and were punished.

MAR 3:29 But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be
forgiven; he is guilty of an eternal sin."

Now as you see Ananais and His wife lied to God and were killed. YOu can say that I am making that up, but it is in the bible.

Hebrew 10:30 For we know him who said, "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," and again, "The Lord will judge his people."

This is the Lord that says that He will avenge and repay, not us.

COL 3:25 Anyone who does wrong will be repaid for his wrong, and there is no favoritism.

God is Holy and will punish as He sees fit. I am not making this up, scripture says.

Do you not understand that nothing can go on in this world without God's permission, nothing. If anything natural happens God has to allow it, 911, God allowed it for some reason, floods, God allowed it for some reason. There is nothing that can happen in this world without God permission.

I see the facts and don't deceive myself. I know that My God is mercyful, but I also know that God can destroy or kill you if you are against Him. If you don't know that, then you better never become His enemy.

Old 10-15-2009, 03:47 PM

3,936 posts, read 5,447,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
That really wasn't my intention and I've called you out on this before. You may have good intentions....but the evil intentions of your heart come out when you ridicule other people's beliefs....it doesn't speak well of you at all.
No kidding, her post sounded like pure evil.

Old 10-15-2009, 04:15 PM

7,543 posts, read 11,550,724 times
Quote:
Scripture says INIQUITY will not enter into His Kingdom...Scripture says the righteous will live for eternity with God in Heaven...and the wicked will not live...will be cast out...FOREVER!...WILL NOT LIVE!...and I do not believe that one can not live and live!......it's just insane!
Verna, slow down and try to digest this.

When the Master puts His vessels in the fire, the impurities in gold are brought to the surface and removed, just as it is in us. Furthermore, the gold is removed from the fire when the Master can see His reflection in the vessel.

Want proof? Is there a part of you that loves me, and another part that wants to choke me? Guess which part is which.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity